Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos (1681 Views)

Car Door Handle Sticker Trends In Nigeria (see PHOTOS) / Help!!! What's The Usefulness Of This / See Photos Of The World’s Craziest Limousines – Which Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
I found it since when i bought the car and i don't what it does in the car, pls guru can u enlight me.

Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by rottennaija(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Picture is not clear
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nusaf: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
rottennaija:
Picture is not clear

Exactly.

Looks like ceiling.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by chigoziri2403(m): 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
what part of the car is that?
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
The switch is on the dashboard
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by erico2k2(m): 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
dancok:
I found it since when i bought the car and i don't what it does in the car, pls guru can u enlight me.
It would have been very helpful if we where told make model and year of the said car.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
erico2k2:

It would have been very helpful if we where told make model and year of the said car.
Golf 4 variant, 2002
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by nurey(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
dancok:

find attached what the buttons stand for wink, your car is a special edition. congratulations grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by ip2121918021(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
nurey:

find attached what the buttons stand for wink, your car is a special edition. congratulations grin

grin grin grin
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
nurey:

brother is it a joke or are u serious? How come
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 18, 2017
dancok:

If, when, you find out please mention me as I would like to know too.

Back in the days I used to wire up kill switches in my car sin Nigeria and I just use any available on/off switch. My guess is that this is a kill switch.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by lonelydora: 6:13am On Mar 18, 2017
I guess your steering horn is still working? Most auto electricians use any kind of switch they see to wire stuffs.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by nurey(m): 7:00am On Mar 18, 2017
dancok:
brother is it a joke or are u serious? How come

Guy nah joke oooo
The button that looks like 3 clove leaves have seen it in Benz regular/V-boot before it works along side with the AC though am not sure about yours.

The pix you snapped isnt good enough, we don't even know where in particular the switch is located as that can give a rough estimate to know whether it was factory installed or custom installed.

But I believe your car doesn't have a bomb or rocket launcher, just start the car and click on those button one at a time giving a time interval and see any noticeable change in the car behavior, that's how you know what the switch is for.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by chukel(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
Op check if ur car has a separate heater engine in the engine bay for heating up the engine in very temperate/artic environment before starting. Have that in my W124 but comes with a timer and digital screen.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
chukel:
Op check if ur car has a separate heater engine in the engine bay for heating up the engine in very temperate/artic environment before starting. Have that in my W124 but comes with a timer and digital screen.
yes bro it has but have disconnected the digital timer wire by myself, it remains this switch.
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by Originalsly: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
Not a car guy... but think is an on/off switch for aftermarket alarm system.
@nurey...that's funny!... but think Op think you're serious
Re: Pls What Is The Usefulness Of This Switch? See Photos by billyG(m): 6:27am On May 04, 2017
That is a granade launcher.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Used Toyota Starlet Up For Grab / How To Recharge Generator Batteries? / Mazda5 2006 Stalls When Slowing Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.