Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) (4372 Views)

The Riseshost Hepsia Hosting Control Panel / Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? / Hosting Control Panel: 2dtechnology Control Pane Vs Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
When it comes to hosting your site or working on the hosting server of your site. The type of control panel your webhost offers will determine how easy it is for you to have your site up and running.

I have been running a web design and hosting company for over a decade and have gone through lots and lots of webhosting control panels. Incase you dont know what a control panel is, Here's Wikipedia to your help - A control panel, in web hosting, is a web-based interface provided by the hosting company that allows customers to manage their various hosted services in a single place. Some of the commonly available modules in most control panels are;

Access to server logs.
Details of available and used webspace and bandwidth.
Email account configuration.
etc......

Control panels allows you to upload your files and scripts, create your databases and e-mails and check your stats. I call it the back office of your site because that's where you work on your site, while your visitors see the beauty of the site when they visit (front office).

There are lots and lots of web hosting control panels out there. Some are open source others are proprietary. Some of the popular webhosting control panels out there are GnuPanel, OpenPanel, Websitepanel, Interworx, cPanel, Hosting Controller and Plesk. Many of these allow remote access and e-mail management features.

Among the list above cPanel and Plesk is the most popular and easy to use both abroad and here in Nigeria. And they come with tutorials (See www.reliablehostng.com knowledgebase), so you are able to learn how to use them easily.

With a more popular hosting panel like Plesk or cpanel, you get to work faster, smarter and can readoily get help from the online community if you come across any tech issues. Let's play a game. See if you can identify your webhosting control panel from any of the images below.

Image 1 , .....

Image 2, is...

Image 3....

Image 4 is ....

More reading visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_hosting_control_panels

What's your favorite Hosting control panel among the above? Why do you love it?

PS: I will post some key and amazing features of Cpanel you don't know, which you should try, in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Come across any other hosting control panel?
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
Any one?
No one is commenting. sad sad
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by donsheddy1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
I'm here to read user comments though. I configure DNS and VPS' it will be fine to know that my clients enjoy the control panel i'm using presently.

But above all, I like CPANEL. But my servers I use centos Web panel
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by clickbnkgod: 6:59am On Apr 05, 2017
I make use of cpanel for my Web hosting with site ground. Those peeps can be so expensive unlike godaddy.

Anyway am here to learn
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by MisterGrace: 7:01am On Apr 05, 2017
I love Cpanel... very easy navigation and self explanatory.

1 Like

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Caustics: 7:02am On Apr 05, 2017
Cpanel. But almost made me commit suicide in my early days with "your IP has changed". I had to start using ftp and ssh

4 Likes

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by FILEBE(m): 7:03am On Apr 05, 2017
it has always been cpanel. The most widely used control pannel. Easy to use and control. Plesk on the other hand... ewww! Microsoft knows how to make simple things difficult apart from their O.S
I mean, who uses asp.net?
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by wildchild1: 7:07am On Apr 05, 2017
Dunno oo lols

Check my signature for your football jerseys
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by aalafasy(m): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2017
i love Plesk, i enjoy Hsting asp.net web app with plesk, the control panel is simple and flexible, to me i think its the best

2 Likes

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Tolupage(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2017
hmm @ OP cpanel is most popular around here, but then I have a question since you've been in the business a long time.

I ran a script on 2 different host the script worked well on one and on the other it failed. what could be the reason?

I wrote a script to send mails to client and after a while it stopped working **the script wasn't in anyway altered**

thanks
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by ideologies(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2017
all join all na Cpanel

See NAvy List

1 Like

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by heayernu56(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2017
I have only used cpanel and it's quite easy to use.
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by RefugeCorp: 8:08am On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one. Cpanel rules
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2017
donsheddy1:
I'm here to read user comments though. I configure DNS and VPS' it will be fine to know that my clients enjoy the control panel i'm using presently.

But above all, I like CPANEL. But my servers I use centos Web panel

The control panel of VPS is something else. Not easy at all to navigate or rather the graphic interfaces are not pleasing to the eye and intuitive. I leave it to the more technical members of my team to deal with.

Centos for web panel is a thumbs up too.

NB: Nairaland should have a thumbs up button by now.
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2017
Caustics:
Cpanel. But almost made me commit suicide in my early days with "your IP has changed". I had to start using ftp and ssh

So sorry about your frustrations. I understand. Been there before. You know the "IP has changed" issue was as a result of your ISP (internet service provider) using a dynamic instead of Static IP?
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by mostHandsome01: 8:47am On Apr 05, 2017
cpanel anytime, any day, simple interface, easy to navigate through! easy to find options! and of cause! no much need for tutorials.
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 9:18am On Apr 05, 2017
FILEBE:
...Plesk on the other hand... ewww! Microsoft knows how to make simple things difficult apart from their O.S

hard for me too personally but people love it. People do use Asp.net bro
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by ibietela2(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2017
Plesk...

Nginx+Apache = awesomeness
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by ibietela2(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2017
FILEBE:
it has always been cpanel. The most widely used control pannel. Easy to use and control. Plesk on the other hand... ewww! Microsoft knows how to make simple things difficult apart from their O.S

Microsoft is not the owner of Plesk
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 05, 2017
internetpo:

The control panel of VPS is something else. Not easy at all to navigate or rather the graphic interfaces are not pleasing to the eye and intuitive. I leave it to the more technical members of my team to deal with.

Centos for web panel is a thumbs up too.

NB: Nairaland should have a thumbs up button by now.

Nairaland is the only site I know that has no upgrade.... Same old look till eternity grin

2 Likes

Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 05, 2017
internetpo:
When it comes to hosting your site or working on the hosting server of your site. The type of control panel your webhost offers will determine how easy it is for you to have your site up and running.

I have been running a web design and hosting company for over a decade and have gone through lots and lots of webhosting control panels. Incase you dont know what a control panel is, Here's Wikipedia to your help - A control panel, in web hosting, is a web-based interface provided by the hosting company that allows customers to manage their various hosted services in a single place. Some of the commonly available modules in most control panels are;

Access to server logs.
Details of available and used webspace and bandwidth.
Email account configuration.
etc......

Control panels allows you to upload your files and scripts, create your databases and e-mails and check your stats. I call it the back office of your site because that's where you work on your site, while your visitors see the beauty of the site when they visit (front office).

There are lots and lots of web hosting control panels out there. Some are open source others are proprietary. Some of the popular webhosting control panels out there are GnuPanel, OpenPanel, Websitepanel, Interworx, cPanel, Hosting Controller and Plesk. Many of these allow remote access and e-mail management features.

Among the list above cPanel and Plesk is the most popular and easy to use both abroad and here in Nigeria. And they come with tutorials (See www.reliablehostng.com knowledgebase), so you are able to learn how to use them easily.

With a more popular hosting panel like Plesk or cpanel, you get to work faster, smarter and can readoily get help from the online community if you come across any tech issues. Let's play a game. See if you can identify your webhosting control panel from any of the images below.

Image 1 , .....

Image 2, is...

Image 3....

Image 4 is ....

More reading visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_hosting_control_panels

What's your favorite Hosting control panel among the above? Why do you love it?

PS: I will post some key and amazing features of Cpanel you don't know, which you should try, in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

How do I reach u bro
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 9:29am On Apr 05, 2017
Tolupage:
hmm @ OP cpanel is most popular around here, but then I have a question since you've been in the business a long time.

I ran a script on 2 different host the script worked well on one and on the other it failed. what could be the reason?

I wrote a script to send mails to client and after a while it stopped working **the script wasn't in anyway altered**

thanks

Bro I wont know the exact cause of the issue except I see the script and the servers they were hosted on. But Based on what you typed here are my guesses as to the cause of the issue?

Could be that the a server/apache configuration or even a lower/higher version of module (eg. php, etc) was on one of the servers and wasnt on the other.

Yes! you didn't alter the script but your hosts could have moved your files to a new server, upgraded the server or a million other things from their end.

I can only guess these as the causes. Did you get back to the server/hosting providers?
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2017
aalafasy:
i love Plesk, i enjoy Hsting asp.net web app with plesk, the control panel is simple and flexible, to me i think its the best

How do I reach u bro
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 05, 2017
ibietela2:
Plesk...

Nginx+Apache = awesomeness

How do I reach u bro
I need please gurus to help with something
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by internetpo(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2017
knc:

How do I reach u bro
. PM me.

A faster way would be through 09083599301 or 07031857044
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by ibietela2(m): 9:51am On Apr 05, 2017
knc:

How do I reach u bro
I need please gurus to help with something

You can reach me here.

Help with?
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 05, 2017
ibietela2:

You can reach me here.

Help with?

Bro give me your number it's alittle bit private.
Re: What Types Of Hosting Control Panel Do You Use And Why? (pics) by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2017
fengpam:
Free cPanel Web Hosting with PHP5/Mysql - no advertising!
Register now: https://www.000webhost.com/954735.html
We can offer you a free web hosting package packed with advanced features for hosting & building professional dynamic websites. We provide secure free web space with all the web hosting tools you could possibly ever need.
Our package includes:
- 1500 MB of Disk Space, 100 GB Bandwidth
- Host your own domain (https://www.yourdomain.com)
- cPanel Powered Hosting (you will love it)
- Over 500 website templates ready to download
- Easy to use website builder
- Free POP3 Email Box with Webmail access
- FTP and Web based File Manager
- PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
- And many more..
Click here to visit us: https://www.000webhost.com/954735.html

How do I reach u bro
I need gurus to help with something

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Blogging Is Good For Your Business / 5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / Get Any Type Of Website Done. Pay After Service...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.