Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,508 members, 7,854,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence (945 Views)

10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Suffered Domestic Violence (photos) / List Of Top 7 Celebrities Who Were Ruined By Drugs And Alcohol / 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence by cutebarbie23: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
According to Wikipedia, Domestic violence (also named domestic abuse, battering, or family violence) is a pattern of behavior which involves violence or other abuse by one person against another in a domestic setting, such as in marriage. In other words, it is when people in a marriage use of fists, objects or any other thing to hit, beat, damage, make useless or kill their partners.... (my definition)!

Let's take a look at Nigerian Celebrities that have experienced domestic violence....

1. Chike Ike

The actress claimed she lost her pregnancy and almost lost her life due to the physical and emotional torture by her ex-husband, Mr Tony Eberiri in 2013. 

2. Monalisa Chinda

Monalisa Chinda's first marriage to the Question Mark label boss, Dejo Richards, crashed over claims of domestic violence. 

3. Emma, the wife of Emeka Ike

In her words, “If I was still with him, I may not survive. I was 19-year old when I met him and he was the one who deflowered me. I see no reason I shouldn’t be treated with utmost respect. Due to physical torture, my health has been affected. There was even a time I thought I had breast cancer because I felt a lump on one part of my breast."

4. Tonto Dike

She suffered domestic violence as well. In a video interview, she showed pictures of scars she got when her ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill battered her.

5. Muma Gee

Her ex-husband, Prince Eke, cried out that Muma Gee left her kids at home, to party and frolick with men in Abuja. The actress later put up pictures of herself been battered. She claims her husband has been abusing her through the years.

6. OAP FREEZE

Men are also victims of abuse. OAP Freeze has been battered by his ex-wife. He posted pictures as claims to attest to the beatings he got from his wife.

7. Ajoke, wife of Foston Utomi (Patoranking’s Record Label Boss)

Recently, a picture of A joke covered in blood surfaced on the Internet. She was reportedly battered by her husband, Foston Utomi, who was Patoranking’s Record Label Boss. During the abuse, he swore that he would “enter Instablog” as the next man who killed his wife. 

The rate at which people are abused in their via domestic violence is alarming. In my opinion, I think stiffer punishment should be given to people who abuse their spouses physically.
Dear BAE'S DIARY Readers, how can the society and Government help in combating domestic violence? Tell us in the comment box!

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://baesdiary..com.ng/2017/03/7-celebrities-who-have-suffered.html

Re: 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
Useless freeze, na only to talk rubbish online u sabi. Face to face u are notin, ur wife batter u, shame on you
Re: 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence by cutebarbie23: 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
Smallville10:
Useless freeze, na only to talk rubbish online u sabi. Face to face u are notin, ur wife batter u, shame on you

Lool!
Re: 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence by integritylady(f): 12:25am On Mar 17, 2017
not only celebrities are facing domestic violence jawe

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Top Models / Banky W: "They Thought This Day Would Never Come", Steps Out For Introduction / Has Sosoberekon Been Fired From Five Star Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.