Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,747 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Contributed To 70% Of The Hit Songs Around - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Contributed To 70% Of The Hit Songs Around (3280 Views)

Alex Dragged For Saying No One Contributed To Her Success On Bbnaija / Eldee The Don: How I Contributed To The Decay Called Yahoo Boys / 'science Student': Olamide Clears Air On The Hit Single. Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Contributed To 70% Of The Hit Songs Around by Greatpoet(m): 8:36am On Mar 17, 2017
When you talk of extra-ordinary talent, and people who stands on the podium of musical creativity, then Ifiok Effanga popularly known as Fiokee will be brought to the forefront.

Fiokee has massively contributed to 80% of Hit songs from Nigeria Music Industry. And has worked with Davido, Dbanj, Don Jazzy, Tekno, Wizkid, Solid Star, Flavour, Masterkraft, Shizzi, Kiss Daniel, Sugarboi, Yemi Alade, Cohbams, Darey Art Alade, Timi Dakolo, Tobi Grey, Patoranking, Orezi, just to mention a few....

Fiokee, Obehi, and Godspower Oshodin
Fiokee, Obehi, and Godspower Oshodin
The multi-talented guitarist and record producer had so much to say while Obehi Odemijie of Naija Gist and Gossips had a chat with him at his very decent Lekki Studio.

Below is an excerpt of the interview:

OBEHI: Who is Fiokee?

FIOKEE: Fiokee is a Guitarist brand in the Nigerian Music Industry; the first to fuss live guitar into digital sound.

OBEHI: How long have Fiokee been doing this?

FIOKEE: I started playing Guitar from Eket 17 years ago, and then relocated to Warri.

OBEHI: Who was the first Nigerian Celebrity you worked on his song?

FIOKEE: (Smiles) After winning Star Quest Reality TV show with the band DIAMOND in 2008 I started playing for Cohbams on some projects. And then in 2010 I was opportuned to play the strings on Dbanj's 'Scape Goat' which was a smash-hit across Africa. From there on many other top sounds started playing on my creative table.

OBEHI: Can you list a few hit songs in which you played your strings?

FIOKEE: (Laughs softly) It is definitely a very long list. (Dbanj's) Scape Goat, Bother You, We The Best - (Davido) Gobe - (Kiss Daniel) Laye, Woju, Good time - (Tekno) Duro, Wash - (Flavour) Golibe, Ololufe, Sexy Rozay, Pick Up Your Phone - (Patoranking) Make Am - (Adekunle Gold) Orente - (YQ) Tear Rubber - (Iyanya) Applaudise, Awade Macuma, Away, Mama, Psychology - (Yemi Alade) Ferrari, Kissing - (Joel) Chukwudi - (Tjan) Hey Mama, Temi - (Dprince) End Up Loving You - (Dr Sid) Baby Tornado - (Humblesmith) Chairmo - (Orezi) Ogede, Zarokome - (Solidstar) Good woman, In my head - (Wizkid) Omalicha - (Kcee) Fine Face, Feel it - (Wande coal) African Lady - (Splash) Na God - (Frank Edward) Super Power, Okaka - (Darey Art-alade) Ayami, Inside of you, Delilah - (Skales) What's up.... Omo the thing plenty oooo.

OBEHI: Which is your best so far?

FIOKEE: Hmmmm, you're putting me on a difficult edge. Well, a lot of people said they loved what I played on Pato's 'Make Am'. Thus, I think I'd say that's my best too.

OBEHI: How about your most challenging?

FIOKEE: That I'd go for Kiss Daniel's 'Laye'. It wasn't an easy one. Bigups to my brother Coublon, he did some really great job in analyzing that sound to catch that general acceptable feel. And Kiss did so well in his vocal delivery.

OBEHI: What has the experience been like so far?

FIOKEE: It has been wonderful playing on some of the biggest sounds in modern day Nigerian Music Industry. Even with a sensational digital drive, I've done everything possible to improve in my sound too.

OBEHI: Aside from this, what else do you do?

FIOKEE: I'm a graduate of 'Mechanical Engineering', but I chose to pursue music, even while it wasn't paying, I kept on improving so I could be paid gracefully someday. I'm also a record producer.

OBEHI: Which of the producers do you have a good working relationship with?

FIOKEE: I have a good working relationship with all the producers I work with. But I'm more closer to DJ Coublon and Masterkraft.

OBEHI: What's next for Fiokee?

FIOKEE: I started my own Record Label last year, and I'm the first artiste signed under the label.

OBEHI: What's your relationship with Flavour

FIOKEE: Wow! I always love to answer this question; because I see Flavour as one of the most music inclined art in Africa. He is so amazing with his unassuming delivery. Once I stop playing for Flavour, then i'll focus on just Fiokee, I can't play for anyone else anymore. Flavour understands music like an open book, and he's a master of multiple instruments.

OBEHI: Lastly, what is your last word to those who wants to pursue a career in music?

FIOKEE: Define your art, know what you what you want and chase it, do not allow anybody discourage your art....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFxzZlAsjY&feature=youtu.be

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2017/03/13/photos-meet-fiokee-the-guitarist-this-guy-has-a-hand-on-70-of-the-hit-songs-in-nigeria/

CC: @lalasticlala

Re: Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Contributed To 70% Of The Hit Songs Around by Greatpoet(m): 10:53am On Mar 17, 2017
Fiokee the Guitarist
Re: Meet Fiokee The Guitarist, This Guy Contributed To 70% Of The Hit Songs Around by Greatpoet(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Ndimi Sisters Fight Dirty On Instagram Over Boyfriend / "I Made My First Million At the age of 19yrs" Kiss Daniel Brother Uthman / See Kylie Jenner Epic Response To Losing 'most Liked Instagram Photo' To An Egg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.