Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. (974 Views)

Policemen Going To Rivers For Rerun In Accident (Photos) / Yusha'u Mahmood Abubakar Dies In Accident In Yobe / Old Couple Who Lost Their Only Child To Boko Haram (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by chosen04(f): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
Sallah seasons are adjudged as the most festive of periods for most Muslims. This scenario was however not the same for the family of Malam Muhammad Sirajo Musa on the last day of Eid-el-Fitr whose son, Musa, a resident of Unguwan Danmadami inside the ancient city of Zaria, was hit by a Honda car that was on high speed while Musa was on his way to the Eid ground. The incident led to the severance of Musa’s penis from the rest of his body.
The accident, according to Musa, was as a result of traffic violation by a young motorist that was in the company of his friend who decided to move into the ancient city through a wrong lane on the dual Sabon Gari-Zaria city road.

Musa explains thus: “I happily left my house on the last day of Eid-el-Fitr on my way to Polo Eid Ground inside Zaria city. I was joyfully riding my motorcycle and exchanging banters with two of my younger brothers who were with me on the same motorcycle unaware of the lurking horror that would befall me. “All of a sudden, I noticed a red Honda car which was on high speed and with full headlights coming to our direction after we had already passed Veterinary Junction, that is, after the Alhudahuda College gate. I did not even imagine that I’d come across any motorist from the opposite direction, because the road is a dual one and the lanes in and out of the city are clearly demarcated and known to all.

“Because of that assumption, coupled with the high speed that the car was on, I was caught unawares and, therefore, trying to dodge the vehicle became impossible. The car hit my brothers and me and we all fell on the side of the road,” Musa told our correspondent.

Having found himself laying on the road, Musa said he made an attempt to find out if any part of his body was hurt. It was then he discovered that no part had been harmed, but that he was feeling a little pain inside his head. “I felt relieved when I discovered that no part of my body had been harmed. Unknown to me, however, I would later be accosted with the most shocking and tragic moment of my life.

“I was sitting down on the road, and when I made an attempt to stand up, I observed that blood was rushing out from my genitals. I checked again to confirm what was happening because I was not feeling any pain around that area,” Musa said.

In tears, he continued, “When I took a closer look, I found that my penis was no longer there; it was only blood that was rushing out from where it used to be.

“In apprehension, I found that my penis had been cut off from the root. I immediately began to check for it within the vicinity of the accident. When I found the severed penis lying on the road, I concluded in my mind that the worst had happened. So, I tore off a portion of my shirt, wrapped the severed penis inside and pocketed it.

“Since it was beyond doubt that the worst had happened and Allah is the only way out of my predicament, I surrendered to Him and started reciting inna lillahi wa’inna ilaihir rajuun (from Allah we come and unto Him we shall certainly return). While reciting this praise, I was also calling for the assistance of passersby.”

According to Musa, assistance from passersby was not immediately forthcoming, because none of the passersby and onlookers who made attempt to assist him was able to stand the horrible sight. “People passing by were ready to assist me, but immediately they came close and noticed what had happened, they turned back crying and reciting the praises I was also reciting. That was how I remained on the accident scene for over 30 minutes until the young men who had hit me found an alternative car, which they used to rush me to a nearby hospital,” Musa narrated.

Musa and his rescuers/culprits had to move from one hospital to another as the first two hospitals they visited declined to admit him on the ground that the gravity of the injury was beyond the capability of their hospitals and doctors. “In the last hospital we went, they told us that the only sickbay that could handle my situation was Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH). My rescuers/culprits rushed me there where I had two successful operations within three months.

“They used the sack of my penis/balls to fill up where the severed penis was. The doctors also put a tube with a rubber sack to enable me to urinate. This is how I’m now living and I have accepted what Allah has destined for me. I am only hoping that a way out would come soon,” Musa said ruefully.

The way out, according to Musa, is what his doctors told him. He said doctors at the ABUTH had told him that if he can get sponsors who can take him abroad for better medical attention, he can have a penis transplant.

“They told me that some Western countries have facilities for the transplant of penis. I don’t know whether it would be an artificial penis or not, but they said I can function as a man again since the injury has only affected the outer portion of my reproductive system,” Musa remarked enthusiastically.

When contacted on the issue of the transplant on penis, the Chief Medical Director of the ABUTH, Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi, said he cannot comment on whether it is possible for Musa to undergo penis transplant operation or not. “We treat all issues that have to do with our patients as confidential issues. We can only comment on the condition of our patients with their consent. This is all I can say on this case,” Rafindadi said.

However, a doctor at the ABUTH said it is possible for Musa to function as a man again, but that it would involve a lot of money. “Yes, it is true that he can function again as a man but it would require a foreign trip and medication and millions of naira. This is all I can say,” the doctor who didn’t want his name in print said.

On the part of Musa’s parents, his uncle, Alhaji Ibrahim Muhammad Bello, said despite the fact that Musa’s culprits are “strongly connected,” the family would continue to fight for Musa’s right. Alhaji Bello added, “We learned that the boys who caused this dangerous development in the life of Musa are strongly connected to the Zazzau’s palace. The case is now in court, but the charges presented at the court were only related to traffic offence, which the boys who hit Musa committed. The issue of damage done to his life was not mentioned. We would however wait to see what the court would do.”

Musa has a wife and a daughter. He said his wife has promised to continue to live with him despite the loss of his penis. “She came to the hospital a day after I was admitted and has promised to continue with the marriage. My wife and I believe that it is destiny that is playing its powers on us. I know Allah would bring a way out for us and I take solace in this belief,” Musa concluded in tears.

The question that remains now centres on the possibility of the penis transplant operation for Musa. If it turns out that it would be possible for him to undergo such an operation, the next hurdle to cross would be to find who would sponsor the operation, as according to Musa, he presently depends on what his family members give as assistance before he feeds himself and his family.

http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2020:dilemma-of-man-who-lost-private-part-in-accident-it-can-be-replaced-doctor-we-want-justice-on-our-sons-case-uncle-&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26

Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by chosen04(f): 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
Too bad.

A man who cant "perform" is dead.

I wish pray the doctors can help this dude out of this.
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by MrCrackles(m): 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2009
Sad Situ. . . . .
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2009
Ol boy this one na bad thing o, What is a man without a dik?.
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by MrCrackles(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Ol boy this one na bad thing o, What is a man without a dik?.
A dead vegetable. . . .
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by chosen04(f): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

A dead vegetable. . . .

Yeap you are right.
Its not just that he cant perform. Its worst that he doesnt even have at all.

God pls keep protecting your children oooooo!
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2009
Gosh!!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by scantee(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2009
honeric01:

Gosh!!!! cry cry cry cry

oga what are u doing here.

@ topic i feel for him
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by honeric01(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2009
scantee:

oga what are u doing here.

dude, are u stalking me or what

BDW: do u have any link to any epl matches going on now?
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2009
Any nuccas worst nightmare. . . .
Re: Dilemma Of The Man Who Lost Private Part In Accident. by coolier(f): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
Pity.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina To Pay Foreign Doctors 516800 Naira Monthly / Turai Threatens Sack To Minister That Support Handover To Goodluck / Nigerian President Yaradua Has One Month To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.