Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do (1692 Views)

My KIA RIO Is Giving My Sleepless Night / Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick / Issues With My Kia Rio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by Fowobi(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
I have a KIA RIO 2008 model. I noticed some sound in the engine and i took it to the mechanic. He said there is no oil in the engine and i need to service it. I asked him to go ahead and service the car. The second day,the car started smoking and since then i have been thinking of what to do. Pls advise if i should ring it or buy tokunbo engine to replace it.
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fowobi:
I have a KIA RIO 2008 model. I noticed some sound in the engine and i took it to the mechanic. He said there is no oil in the engine and i need to service it. I asked him to go ahead and service the car. The second day,the car started smoking and since then i have been thinking of what to do. Pls advise if i should ring it or buy tokunbo engine to replace it.

get a toks.

1 Like

Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by Fowobi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
But, the noise sound stopped after the service. the only issue is the smoking !!!
GAZZUZZ:

get a toks.
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by searchng4love: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

get a toks.
My civic 1.4i S engine smokes a little... Is ringing it advisable?
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fowobi:
But, the noise sound stopped after the service. the only issue is the smoking !!!

Full disclosure on first post will help in giving advice.

Replace engine
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by Fowobi(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine

Point noted sir. But do you have any contact to get a toks to be sure am not getting repaired engine .
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fowobi:

Point noted sir. But do you have any contact to get a toks to be sure am not getting repaired engine .

you will be offered 2 types, 1. Will hyundai 1.6liter engine. It's accessories will not fit, you will have to use your. E.g intake, throttlebody, coils, coolant temp sensor, crank sensor cam sensor injectors.

2. Kia 1.4liter engine. Every thing fits.

The hyundai engine is between 100-130k

The kia from 140-160k

1 Like

Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by ChiefSweetus: 1:00am On Mar 18, 2017
You need to advice it sternly. Smoking causes cancer and bad breath. Encourage a health-conscious lifestyle a d drop the habit today. Hope this help. wink
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by Fowobi(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you will be offered 2 types, 1. Will hyundai 1.6liter engine. It's accessories will not fit, you will have to use your. E.g intake, throttlebody, coils, coolant temp sensor, crank sensor cam sensor injectors.

2. Kia 1.4liter engine. Every thing fits.

The hyundai engine is between 100-130k
Thanks so much. But I will really be glad if you can give me a contact of who I can buy the engine from

The kia from 140-160k
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by kayswag100(m): 7:02am On Mar 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine

this should be the best advice.had this issue with my 06 Altima. my mech warned me not to ring as same issue would reoccur aftee a few months

though painful, i had to replace the engine to Toks.

the car now performs even better than when i bought it

1 Like

Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by searchng4love: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2017
kayswag100:

this should be the best advice.had this issue with my 06 Altima. my mech warned me not to ring as same issue would reoccur aftee a few months

nice move
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by spacestar(f): 10:48am On Mar 18, 2017
kayswag100:

for Altima the engine capacity doesn't have second hand value.
though engine replacement is still the best option for the kia Rio...if it were Honda or Toyota engine rinsing and valve seal replacement would stop the smoke. Depending on the engine block though
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by searchng4love: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2017
spacestar:

for Altima the engine capacity doesn't have second hand value.
though engine replacement is still the best option for the kia Rio...if it were Honda or Toyota engine rinsing and valve seal replacement would stop the smoke. Depending on the engine block though
Are you sure about Honda? Especially if it's still using AC?
Re: My KIA Rio 2008- Smokes What Should I Do by egheneezekielsu: 11:10am On Mar 18, 2017
Do you need a website for your business ? or A website of anykind Contact me on whatsapp via 08037205687 or phone call

(1) (Reply)

Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning / Key Cutting/programming - Toyota Camry / Infinity FX V Touareg V RX300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.