Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why You Must Know Your HIV Status Today. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Know Your HIV Status Today. (498 Views)

Which Song Is The Best To Listen To While Waiting For Your HIV Test Result? / HIV Status Is Indeterminate / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Know Your HIV Status Today. by 3Hopeblog(m): 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
Let me ask you a simple question: Have you bothered to think about HIV situation in Nigeria?

While you are thinking about it, let me ask you another one.

How many people do you think are living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria?

Let’s say 2 million people?

What!!! It is too much please. It should be less than that biko!

If that was your reaction, let me shock you small.

According to National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA) 2015 report on HIV, MORE THAN 3.3 MILLION Nigerians living with HIV.

Yes! You heard me right, more than 3.3 million people and this number might be lower than the actual figure.

But that will be topic for another day.

Let me ask you another question?

Do you know your HIV status? If yes, congratulation.

But if it’s No, maybe it’s time to visit the nearest clinic and get tested.

I just want to share 2015 HIV data for Nigeria with you.

Keep reading please...

Projected HIV estimate for 2014 by NACA

More than 3.3 million Nigerians are living with HIV/AIDS.

3.1% of adults aged 15 to 49 are living with HIV.

More than 174 thousand people died from AIDS related cases in 2014.

About 227 thousand new HIV infections occurred in 2014 (about 103 thousand males and about 123 thousand females).

Who knows what the real figure for 2017 is.

So what do we do with these figures?

Simple, use it to make informed decisions about your health and sexual life.

Check out www.3hopeblog.com.ng for more info on HIV.

Cheers!

Re: Why You Must Know Your HIV Status Today. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
in summary?
Re: Why You Must Know Your HIV Status Today. by 3Hopeblog(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
in summary?

Simple, use it to make informed decisions about your health and sexual life.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth / Benefits Of Eating Coconut That Could Help You Live Longer. / Scientist Who Discovered HIV Says Efforts For Cure Underway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.