Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop (8854 Views)

Hi Recommend A Good Gaming PC / Looking For A Good Gaming Chair Who Can Support A Big Fellow / Please Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
I want a gaming laptop that can handle the likes of FIFA17, GTA5 and WWE2K17, i know it expensive, just drop the names..

Note; its solely for gaming and movies, recommend the best with price tag. Thanks
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
buy any HDD laptop with an AMD mother board. AMD laptops are specifically made for gaming
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by georgeben205(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2017
cyrilfosy:
buy any HDD laptop with an AMD mother board. AMD laptops are specifically made for gaming
What about n-vidia gforce?
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
cyrilfosy:
gve me an example
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2017
Look for the lenovo y series laptops. Most of them have good dedicated graphics cards.
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 2:31am On Mar 20, 2017
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Look for the lenovo y series laptops. Most of them have good dedicated graphics cards.
aiit, but have u heard of alienware before?? And how is gaming on a laptop screen compared to HD TV, being that the lappy's screens is much smaller in size
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by ican2020: 4:56am On Mar 20, 2017
georgeben205:
What about n-vidia gforce?
Tell us more on this and how much can one get good PC or laptop, that will play GTA v, overwatch etc, without stress
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by joshee: 5:46am On Mar 20, 2017
ican2020:

Tell us more on this and how much can one get good PC or laptop, that will play GTA v, overwatch etc, without stress

From 350k and above
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Suspect33:
aiit, but have u heard of alienware before?? And how is gaming on a laptop screen compared to HD TV, being that the lappy's screens is much smaller in size
What matters is the laptop's screen resolution, if you're going to be running games at 1080p, then make sure the screen's resolution is at least 1920 x 1080.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Themaths(m): 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
I will like to share the little i know. First off, when talking about gaming laptops, Nvidia and AMD/ATI graphics cad comes to mind. Now, there are extremely very cheap AMD cards that doesnt even clock up to 1.5Hz processor speed, again there are the monsters like the AMD Radeon RX 480. No matter the laptop brand you get, i will try to list out some important features to look out for is you are a hardcore gamer

1. CPU and Processor speed: minimum-intel core i5 quad core processor with turbo boost, recommended-intel core i7 quad core with turbo boost up to 3.2-3.5GHz

2. Ample RAM, 8-16GB. 32GB if you like...lol

3. GPU or Gaming graphics: I'm an Nvidia fan, (dont knw much about AMD, their GPU series are just too complicated).....Nvidia Geforce GTX 950-1080. For VR effects, GTX 980 and above. All with reasonable VRAM of at least 2GB.

4. Screen Resolution: First off, know that screen size is entirely different from screen resolution. that being said, screen resolution of 1920×1080 which is Full HD, please avoid 1280×768. you can go for 4k if you want.

5. Of course, good battery life. Laptops that can handle heavy usage on battery.

Then again, about connecting your laptop to an HD TV or monitor. Its all depending on the input from your PC and the maximum output quality of the screen. if a screen is 720p, and you connect your 080p res game to it, if won't display it pass its max resolution. It's just like "gabbage in, gabbage out". And yea, the Dell Alienware series of laptops is a series gaming laptop line, and of course, cost good money. we also have the Hp Omen series. I am a proud owner of a Hp Omen 15. Good aptop, cost good money.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Themaths(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
And for price, 350k and above, i got mine 505k
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
Themaths:
whats the name of your laptop
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Themaths(m): 12:32am On Mar 22, 2017
Hp Omen 15
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 12:55am On Mar 22, 2017
Themaths:
Hp Omen 15
does it handle high end games like fifa17? And is it available in nigeria
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by DeLioncourt: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
Dell Precision m4800.
That's what I use and it plays any game on high graphics with no stress
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Themaths(m): 2:11am On Mar 24, 2017
Suspect33:
does it handle high end games like fifa17? And is it available in nigeria
FIFA 17 is not even really graphics demanding. Though I'm not a FIFA fan, I play PES 17 at the highest possible graphics. It runs smoothly without stress. There are more demanding games out there like GTA V, Mass Effect; Andromeda and a whole lot of others.
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by phazotron(m): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
DeLioncourt:
Dell Precision m4800. That's what I use and it plays any game on high graphics with no stress

Na dell precision sure pass oo
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Nabi2000(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
I wouldnt advice u to to get a laptop with anything less than a gtx 1050ti if u can get a laptop with a gtx 1060 or 1070 then thats better the reason is cuz if u get anything with less than a nvidia gtx 1050ti in like 6 months to a year you wont be able to play most games at even 30 fps on even low settings whereas a gtx 1050 ti laptop will last at least 2-3 years and a gtx 1060 will last 4-5yrs i would advice getting a dell inspiron 7567 (screen isnt full hd) on konga or a dell xps 15 with a gtx 1050 which wpuld b beta for watching movies

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by idreezbaba(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
Themaths:
505k wow!
you must be really be enjoying high end pc games
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Androidking: 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Its not a must will buy new PC any way u can get UK gaming PC at almost up to half of the price.
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Androidking: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
Basic features

NVidia GTX960m : 4GB DEDICATED Video memory
8GB RAM
6th generation core i5 Quad-core CPU
Core i5-6300HQ
256SSD with space HDD

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

As at 2015 $800
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by HyDef(m): 1:07am On Jul 17, 2017
cyrilfosy:

There is so much wrong with this statement.

What is a 'HDD laptop?'

I'll assume you meant HD, in reference to the screen, I hope. In response to that, the typical laptop screen is HD. Full HD is another thing.

What is an 'AMD motherboard'?

AMD doesn't make motherboards. They do CPUs and GPUs.

And 'AMD laptops' are not specifically made for gaming. An AMD laptop refers to a laptop with an AMD processor, which really has no impact on gaming. And even in a low-end laptop, the Radeon cards are pretty much crap.

Anyway, to the topic. The Dell Inspiron 7559 is one of the more budget friendly gaming laptops you could get, or the Lenovo Y-series like someone above suggested. If you wanna pull out all stops, go for an Asus ROG.
Any gaming laptop you go for should have at least an Nvidia GTX 800-series. At least if you want to use it for newer games, at reasonable framerates. I find AMD's nomenclature a bit more complicated, and Nvidia laptops tend to be commoner, so just try and go for one of those.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2017
HyDef:

There is so much wrong with this statement.

What is a 'HDD laptop?'

I'll assume you meant HD, in reference to the screen, I hope. In response to that, the typical laptop screen is HD. Full HD is another thing.

What is an 'AMD motherboard'?

AMD doesn't make motherboards. They do CPUs and GPUs.

And 'AMD laptops' are not specifically made for gaming. An AMD laptop refers to a laptop with an AMD processor, which really has no impact on gaming. And even in a low-end laptop, the Radeon cards are pretty much crap.

Anyway, to the topic. The Dell Inspiron 7559 is one of the more budget friendly gaming laptops you could get, or the Lenovo Y-series like someone above suggested. If you wanna pull out all stops, go for an Asus ROG.
Any gaming laptop you go for should have at least an Nvidia GTX 800-series. At least if you want to use it for newer games, at reasonable framerates. I find AMD's nomenclature a bit more complicated, and Nvidia laptops tend to be commoner, so just try and go for one of those.

I spoke as a layman but the good thing is that you understood me and aside the terminologies we were saying thesame thing.
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Rhaspody(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
cyrilfosy:

lies
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Rhaspody(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
get any laptop with nvidia gtx 850m or its equivalent (or higher) if you want to enjoy most new games
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Rhaspody(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nabi2000:
I wouldnt advice u to to get a laptop with anything less than a gtx 1050ti if u can get a laptop with a gtx 1060 or 1070 then thats better the reason is cuz if u get anything with less than a nvidia gtx 1050ti in like 6 months to a year you wont be able to play most games at even 30 fps on even low settings whereas a gtx 1050 ti laptop will last at least 2-3 years and a gtx 1060 will last 4-5yrs i would advice getting a dell inspiron 7567 (screen isnt full hd) on konga or a dell xps 15 with a gtx 1050 which wpuld b beta for watching movies
you need reduce hands small. all pockets are not the same.
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Nabi2000(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2017
U can get a dell inspiron 7567 with ips screen (dont get the one with the tn screen) on amazon or on their website with a gtx 1050ti for about 900$
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by xtremeidea(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2017
Suspect33:

go for 17 inches and above or you connect it to an ultra wide monitor!!
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Androidking: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Suspect33:
I want a gaming laptop that can handle the likes of FIFA17, GTA5 and WWE2K17, i know it expensive, just drop the names..

Note; its solely for gaming and movies, recommend the best with price tag. Thanks

Do u still need the gaming laptop or have u seen one
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
Androidking:

Do u still need the gaming laptop or have u seen one
i still need, i dont understand all what dese guys are saying
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Androidking: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
Suspect33:
i still need, i dont understand all what dese guys are saying

Lol I was like before but for u to understand them u have to study d hell a lot about those things or u know about them by purchasing dem. Any way catch me up one WhatsApp I want to show u PCs u will love 0.90.91427.353
Re: Recommend A Good Gaming Laptop by Suspect33(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
aiit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Like Gaming / Live And Virtual Soccer Winning Keys And Prediction Formulars / Uk Used Ps3 Controllers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.