Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? (77422 Views)

Latest Polished Type Of Floor Concrete Stamping( Beautiful And Shiny) / New Herringbone Weave 3d Wall Tile - A New Approach To Tile And Stone / TUTORIAL: How Many Packet Of Tiles Do I Need For My Room (using 600 X 600 Tiles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by shumuel(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2017
Okay grin
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by adanny01(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2017
Op did well.

However, there is a simpler way.

Since the room is 2.5 x 2.4m and a tile is 400 x 400mm.
Take one side say 2.5 and divide by one side of the tile 0.4m which gives 6.25. This means 6 and a quarter tiles will cover end to end of one side of the room. The order side will be 2.4/0.4=6. This means 6.25 rows and 6 columns.

Finally 6.25 x 6= 37.5 tiles to fill the room.

Since each pack is 12 pcs 37.5/12= 3.125packs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by EngrKem: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2017
Good info. I will need this soon
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by ojibole(m): 8:13am On Mar 18, 2017
thanks a lot for this...now no workman can scam me
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Moving4: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
Kudos....
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by plainol(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2017
to me, I believe on misers need dis.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by psallmuel(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Fasfunds.com click, register and thank me later
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by simpleworld: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2017
Don't forget that you need to add waste to your measurement
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by ikp120(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2017
legendsilver:
Just call the tiler and pay him off, y must I stress my brain on how many squares needed?

The wahala in Lagos is too much for me to add tilers own join.
Next pls

You must be a generous and highly motivated maga grin grin grin grin grin

By the time they're done with you eh, you go sell ya shirts to buy TV grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Flaghouse1: 8:58am On Mar 18, 2017
mrnwas:
With much love in my heart for all my readers, i would like to talk about one important element of the home which is tile and today, i will be taking us through the process of calculating how many Cartons of Tiles i would need for my room, apartment or home.

How Many Packet Of Tiles Will Be Used For One Room?

Today i will be using a One Room Apartment as a case study and would also like to write this based on my environment, Nigeria.

I am going to write based on Nigeria because some few things i may mention here may not apply to other countries. But i know most times what is applicable here in Nigeria also applies elsewhere.

So you'd like to tile your home, but do not know how many packets of tiles that would complete the project and would also not want some tiler to come and over estimate the whole thing right?

Ok, Here we will try to make this simple for you...

The first thing you must understand or know when calculating the number of packets of tiles to purchase for your home is the dimension of the room or apartment you'd like to tile.

Let me Use a single room now...

A room measuring

L = 2.5m
W = 2.4m

Now having measure the length and width and obtained the figures above, lets now get the area of the entire room to be tiled

How To Calculate The Area Of A Room

Now Area = L x B
Area = 2.5 X 2.4
Total Area = 6m2

What this means is that the area of the room is 6 square meters and so, how many packet of tiles do i buy for this project?

In order to be able to calculate the number of packets of tiles to buy, you must first know the dimension of the particular tile you're buying

I love using the 400mm x 400mm tile because its easy to calculate, this does not however mean i cannot handle any type of tile out there.

Floor Tiles And Dimension
Here in Nigeria, Floor Tiles has the following dimensions:

400 x 400
400 x 250
250 x 250
300 x 300

For the sake of this tutorial, i am going to use a 400mm x 400mm tile.

OK....

Now, For every Packet, There are 12 Pieces

Now you need to know how many square meters there are in one packet of tile.

How to Calculate the area of a Floor tile

You can also go further to know the area of one tile by simply multiplying 400 x 400 = 0.16m2

The Area Of One Packet Of Tiles

Now since the area of one tile is 0.16m2, there are 12 tiles in one packet

Therefore the total area in one packet of tile would be 12 x 0.16 = 1.92m2

Now in one Packet of tile, we have 1.92m2

How many packet Of Tiles will be just enough for my room measuring 6m2?

In Order to know this, quickly divide 6 by 1.92 (6/1.92 = 3.125)

The number of Packets would be 3.125

But we also know that there is no way you'd wanna approximate a packet of tile ans so you'll need to buy 4 packets of tiles for your Room.

Things You Must Have In Mind When Tiling Your Room

Please Note: You're also going to need some extra piece of tile for the skirting since you need skirting to make the work a perfect one.

You are also going to Buy 2 Bags of Cement (Depending on the thickness of the mortar)...

You are also required to hire the services of an experienced Tiler...

You Can Get More From http://buildingcontractorsecrets..com/2017/03/tutorial-how-to-calculate-the-number-of-tiles-required-to-tile-your-apartment.html

Guy, you nailed it, thanks for the simplistic explanation on this discourse, you have opened people's eyes to enable them no the exact quantity of tiles required for your project.

All avenues for cheats now blocked with this explanation

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by agentakins: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
Fantastic
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by agentakins: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2017
Fantastic
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mygeeZ(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2017
Good one!! In the market today we have mostly the following tiles.
400*400 12pcs in carton @1.92sqm(room floor)
300*300 17pcs in carton @1.53sqm(used for toilet floor)
600*600 4 pcs in a carton @1.44sqm(Room/parlour floor)
300*600 8pcs in a carton @1.44sqm(sameas above)
250*400 15pcs in a carton@1.5sqm(wall tiles)
200*300 25pcs in a carton @1.5sqm(wall tiles,outdated)
This is just the standard sizes, but not ,limited to above only.
We have Nigerian, Chinese, Spanish and Italian tiles dorminant in the Nigerian mkt.
Prices and quality differs.
If you need any of the above tiles, irrespective of colour,size etc, we will supply to you.
at Reachout Marble Nigeria Limited , Oduade mkt Cooker Orile we have varieties of TILES and Marbles.
08030901894 Calls and Whatsapp for samples.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by OOLUSEG(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Great job
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Psoul(m): 9:49am On Mar 18, 2017
legendsilver:
Just call the tiler and pay him off, y must I stress my brain on how many squares needed?

The wahala in Lagos is too much for me to add tilers own join.
Next pls

Poor ppl always talk like this.

6 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by akyus(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2017
Does the other dimensions too have 12 pieces in a pack?
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by princejones(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2017
Great piece you put down here,for your roofing measurement and supply with installation, call us here

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Nature8(m): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2017
In Lagos we buy in containers and cartons as whole sale, but here in Onitsha we sell in m2 as retailers.. Nice one bro
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by legendsilver(m): 10:34am On Mar 18, 2017
Psoul:

Poor ppl always talk like this.
Pained tongue
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Badisa17: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one very educative and self explanatory.But note that most tilers over calculate,and will charge on the tiles bought.Also concerning wall tiles they uses pure cement and water,that is when u will know a professional Tilers

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Luckybelt: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2017
mrnwas:
With much love in my heart for all my readers, i would like to talk about one important element of the home which is tile and today, i will be taking us through the process of calculating how many Cartons of Tiles i would need for my room, apartment or home.

Today i will be using a One Room Apartment as a case study and would also like to write this based on my environment, Nigeria.

I am going to write based on Nigeria because some few things i may mention here may not apply to other countries. But i know most times what is applicable here in Nigeria also applies elsewhere.

So you'd like to tile your home, but do not know how many packets of tiles that would complete the project and would also not want some tiler to come and over estimate the whole thing right?

The first thing you must understand or know when calculating the number of packets of tiles to purchase for your home is the dimension of the room or apartment you'd like to tile.

A room measuring

L = 2.5m
W = 2.4m

Now having measure the length and width and obtained the figures above, lets now get the area of the entire room to be tiled

Now Area = L x B
Area = 2.5 X 2.4
Total Area = 6m2

What this means is that the area of the room is 6 square meters and so, how many packet of tiles do i buy for this project?

In order to be able to calculate the number of packets of tiles to buy, you must first know the dimension of the particular tile you're buying

I love using the 400mm x 400mm tile because its easy to calculate, this does not however mean i cannot handle any type of tile out there.

400 x 400
400 x 250
250 x 250
300 x 300

OK....

You can also go further to know the area of one tile by simply multiplying 400 x 400 = 0.16m2

But we also know that there is no way you'd wanna approximate a packet of tile ans so you'll need to buy 4 packets of tiles for your Room.

Please Note: You're also going to need some extra piece of tile for the skirting since you need skirting to make the work a perfect one.

You are also going to Buy 2 Bags of Cement (Depending on the thickness of the mortar)...

You Can Get More From http://buildingcontractorsecrets..com/2017/03/tutorial-how-to-calculate-the-number-of-tiles-required-to-tile-your-apartment.html

What kind of a room is 2.5x2.4? My kitchen is even bigger than that, yet I consider my room small.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by 12345DKO(m): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2017
Good morning. Please I'm interested in learning tiling but do not know where.
I've been to Lagos state skill acquisition centre, Oshodi but was told the training would start by August.
To me, August is far so I need where I can be attached to (Lagos mainland preferably) so that I can start learning the art of tiling.
Thank you very much for your help.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by thanknairaland1: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2017
How do u got d 0.16 for a piece of tile? if at is d model then tell us d rest of 60*60, 30*30, 25*25, 80*80 etc.
tnx as u do so.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by arcniyi(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2017
OP, in as much as I appreciate ur trying to help laymen and novices, I still think it's people like u who mislead clients and make things hard for professionals.
I will list some points that r essential to calculating in tiling works.
1. Laying style: some laying styles like drafting, use more tiles cos of many off cuts.
2. Skirting: the skirting size is a factor in determining sqm of tiles to be used.
3: Space orientation. The sqm of tiles to be used in a rectangular room is significantly lesser than a polygonal room.
OP, I think u still need to learn more.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Luckybelt:

What kind of a room is 2.5x2.4? My kitchen is even bigger than that, yet I consider my room small.

This is just a tutorial...

It would help someone u derstand the stuff easier than when you use some bigger dimension

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2017
12345DKO:
Good morning. Please I'm interested in learning tiling but do not know where.
I've been to Lagos state skill acquisition centre, Oshodi but was told the training would start by August.
To me, August is far so I need where I can be attached to (Lagos mainland preferably) so that I can start learning the art of tiling.
Thank you very much for your help.

I'm based in Delta state sir...
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by amerimex(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2017
Good one, highly informative, only those presently building their house, will knw d real value of ds info
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Psoul(m): 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2017
legendsilver:

Pained tongue

I cant be pained by something i kw that lacks the potential of been painful.

I just told u the bitter truth. U said u are too busy to plan how ur money is bn used. I bet u, u have never made money before. If u do, u will really not be too busy to care about how it is been spent.

Secondly, i dont even see u as someone who is genuinely busy (Take a look at ur profile Pic). What u termed as been busy are those hours u spent at gambling houses (NairaBet and Bet9ja) predicting outcome of match fixtures hoping to become a rich man. My brother, pls go and get real busy. This is an advice not meant to hurt u.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Risenakel(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
mrnwas:

A room measuring

L = 2.5m
W = 2.4m

Now Area = L x B
Area = 2.5 X 2.4
Total Area = 6m2

400 x 400
400 x 250
250 x 250
300 x 300

OK....

400*400=160000 pls how did you calculate urs and get 0.16m2?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / Lettings @ Ketu, Magodo, River Valley, Ojota, Omole ph2, Gbagada, Anthony etc / Cost Of Fence On 1 Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.