Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? (77427 Views)

Latest Polished Type Of Floor Concrete Stamping( Beautiful And Shiny) / New Herringbone Weave 3d Wall Tile - A New Approach To Tile And Stone / TUTORIAL: How Many Packet Of Tiles Do I Need For My Room (using 600 X 600 Tiles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by legendsilver(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
Psoul:

I cant be pained by something i kw that lacks the potential of been painful.

I just told u the bitter truth. U said u are too busy to plan how ur money is bn used. I bet u, u have never made money before. If u do, u will really not be too busy to care about how it is been spent.

Secondly, i dont even see u as someone who is genuinely busy (Take a look at ur profile Pic). What u termed as been busy are those hours u spent at gambling houses (NairaBet and Bet9ja) predicting outcome of match fixtures hoping to become a rich man. My brother, pls go and get real busy. This is an advice not meant to hurt u.
Lolz is that all you can type?
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Psoul(m): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
legendsilver:

Lolz is that all you can type?

Yes, my dear. U can add urs. As u grow older, u become wiser and wise ppl dont talk much.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Alasi20(m): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
Interesting

Wehdone Sire
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Risenakel:

400*400=160000 pls how did you calculate urs and get 0.16m2?

Check the back of your exercise books.
How many millimetres make one metre? Answer is 1000
Convert the 400mm * 400mm dimensions to metres (divide each of them by 1000). Answer is 0.4m * 0.4m
Calculate the area in squared metres now.

7 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Kingston6: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
Waow, am in d line of tilling wht u posted z simply hw it z

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by 12345DKO(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
mrnwas:

I'm based in Delta state sir...
Okay sir and thanks all the same
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by 12345DKO(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
Kingston6:
Good afternoon. Please if you know where I can learn tiling in Lagos (mainland preferably), kindly let me know sir.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Chigorkizz(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
good
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Timothyoj(m): 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good evening everyone, it's important we tell the world what we do cos I could notice there are several minds in the house. An Agricultural Engineer but very sound in "Floor Coverings" some of which includes (Tiling{Both Wall & Floor}, Terrazzo Floors, Granite Marbles and pre-cast Steps). For as many of us that would love to install TILES or TERRAZZO in his or her building, we are very much available and you won't regret dealing with us. I don't need many explanations on how we handle our projects but our final buffing always speaks and equally pronounces us well. For more inquiries, You can reach us via these phone Nos; 08066526312 & 08075687550: you can also mail us via; thefavouredcoverings@gmail.com.

Smiles are propagated when we lay...!

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by rafcrown(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
DO YOU SELL TILES TILES OR PLUMBING MATERIALS AT ORILE LAGOS ? Promote your business.I want to buy.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good job,
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Tex42(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
Great thread.
Nice one op. Well done.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Timothyoj(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
rafcrown:
DO YOU SELL TILES TILES OR PLUMBING MATERIALS AT ORILE LAGOS ? Promote your business.I want to buy.

Good evening, we are into installation of Tiles and Terrazzo and not selling. We reside fully at the mainland.
You can get all materials as quoted and we are called to install or you contact us for the project from the inception to the final buffing.
For inquiries you can call these numbers :

08066526312 & 08075687550.

e-mail : thefavouredcoverings@gmail.com

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by 4lorunsho(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
you need a freelance quantity surveyor for accurate estimate. just whatsapp me and let's talk from there.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Flaghouse1: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Timothyoj:
Good evening everyone, it's important we tell the world what we do cos I could notice there are several minds in the house. An Agricultural Engineer but very sound in "Floor Coverings" some of which includes (Tiling{Both Wall & Floor}, Terrazzo Floors, Granite Marbles and pre-cast Steps). For as many of us that would love to install TILES or TERRAZZO in his or her building, we are very much available and you won't regret dealing with us. I don't need many explanations on how we handle our projects but our final buffing always speaks and equally pronounces us well. For more inquiries, You can reach us via these phone Nos; 08066526312 & 08075687550: you can also mail us via; thefavouredcoverings@gmail.com.

Smiles are propagated when we lay...!

Post samples of your terrazzo works for us to see
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Timothyoj(m): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Post samples of your terrazzo works for us to see

You can get more pictures on request any day an time.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Gesd(m): 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
6sqm
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mufutau55(m): 1:32am On Mar 19, 2017
mygeeZ:
Good one!! In the market today we have mostly the following tiles.
400*400 12pcs in carton @1.92sqm(room floor)
300*300 17pcs in carton @1.53sqm(used for toilet floor)
600*600 4 pcs in a carton @1.44sqm(Room/parlour floor)
300*600 8pcs in a carton @1.44sqm(sameas above)
250*400 15pcs in a carton@1.5sqm(wall tiles)
200*300 25pcs in a carton @1.5sqm(wall tiles,outdated)
This is just the standard sizes, but not ,limited to above only.
We have Nigerian, Chinese, Spanish and Italian tiles dorminant in the Nigerian mkt.
Prices and quality differs.
If you need any of the above tiles, irrespective of colour,size etc, we will supply to you.
at Reachout Marble Nigeria Limited , Oduade mkt Cooker Orile we have varieties of TILES and Marbles.
08030901894 Calls and Whatsapp for samples.

Very good. Please post sample tiles here... it will be a good gesture.

Hajji M.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
adanny01:
Op did well.

However, there is a simpler way.

Since the room is 2.5 x 2.4m and a tile is 400 x 400mm.
Take one side say 2.5 and divide by one side of the tile 0.4m which gives 6.25. This means 6 and a quarter tiles will cover end to end of one side of the room. The order side will be 2.4/0.4=6. This means 6.25 rows and 6 columns.

Finally 6.25 x 6= 37.5 tiles to fill the room.

Since each pack is 12 pcs 37.5/12= 3.125packs

Your Method is very accurate also
thanks for improving on this thread for everyone sir
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Very good. Please post sample tiles here... it will be a good gesture.

Hajji M.

Dear Mr Hajj

You Left A Question On my blog...
i also contacted you on facebook
the question is been answered on the blog
please check again
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Tex42:
Great thread.

Nice one op. Well done.

Thank you very much sir
I appreciate your comment a lot
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
rafcrown:

i sell landed properties over here in Delta state sir, i am not in lagos...
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kingston6:

Thank you so much for confirming my work
i will keep bringing more
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mufutau55(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
mrnwas:

Dear Mr Hajj

You Left A Question On my blog...
i also contacted you on facebook
the question is been answered on the blog
please check again

Sorry... probably forgot about that... please direct me to your blog by posting the link here...

Hajji M.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mygeeZ(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ok, we are at Orile. 08030901894 call and whatsapp for samples. i will try and send some samples here if its permitted.
rafcrown:
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by rotecch77(m): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
Op , good of you just add this to it
To get accurate meter... By your example
Just multiply the carton by the total content
That is 3.125x1.92=6meter.
Instead of 4 cartons that will result to 7.8m almost 8meter (4x1.92=7.8m)when what exactly you need is 6meter.
Standard tiles is sold per meter.
People that good in tiles business sold tiles per meter. (although when you do the minus and plus very well it will still be same when you convert the carton to meter.

Tiles measurement is done by meter square not by cartons as layman do.
Once you get your total meter take your measurement to where you wanted to get the tiles ask them you need so so meter of tiles, then ask the. To convert it to carton to know how many cartons you are Taking home.
We have more than 30 sizes of tiles
If you check some Italian and Spanish tiles (mostly Italian) you will see
Size 331/2 by 331/2 29.2*29.2 etc

More so to be on saver side while checking your tiles at seller shop
Let's use OP example as case study
If you are buying 59squaremeter of tiles, to know how many cartons to received check it this way
59 divided 1.92=30.72916666..
Means 30cartons
Then to get the remaining pcs
. 72916666 x 12 =8.75that is about 9pcs
12 here is the total pcs of the tiles in the cartons
Means what you will take away from the shop is
30cartons and 8or9pcs of tiles
That equivalent to 59meters of tiles (when you chooses 400*400 floor tiles that contains 12pcs in a cartons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mrnwas(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Sorry... probably forgot about that... please direct me to your blog by posting the link here...

Hajji M.

Here is the link sir...
http://buildingcontractorsecrets..com.ng/2017/03/tutorial-how-to-calculate-number-of-tiles-required-for-a-room.html
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by jjbest123(m): 11:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
Luckybelt Thanks For The Info, Please How Do You Calculate That Of Toilet Wall Tiles?
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by Tex42(m): 12:31am On Mar 20, 2017
mrnwas:

Thank you very much sir I appreciate your comment a lot
u are welcome.
Ur tread deserves the commendation.
Re: Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? by mufutau55(m): 2:46am On Mar 20, 2017
mrnwas:

Here is the link sir...
http://buildingcontractorsecrets..com.ng/2017/03/tutorial-how-to-calculate-number-of-tiles-required-for-a-room.html

Are you refering to Mr. Tunde's comment? If so that was not me.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / Lettings @ Ketu, Magodo, River Valley, Ojota, Omole ph2, Gbagada, Anthony etc / Cost Of Fence On 1 Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.