Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Christian Or Worldly Dance Style. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Or Worldly Dance Style. (472 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Or Worldly Dance Style. by cdoffx(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hi to all.
This thread is solely created in response to this particular one www.nairaland.com/3691103/dancing-shoki-bobo-others-inside and I will really be happy if mods help move to FP.

After reading the replies from the above mentioned thread I was so angered by the high level of hypocrisy and manipulations in the Christian faith. As a Christian and more especially a theological student I find it very surprising the level of ignorance many Christians are on many issues related to the Christian faith yet can't be explained to them for so many reasons.

On the issue of dancing and the types of dance that should be allowed in the church, I believe it is gross ignorance and probably hypocrisy to say some particular dance styles is Christian-like while some are worldly. It is either you agree that dancing should not be allowed in the church as part of worship or you agree dancing is part of worship and any style as long as it doesn't exhibit seduction(this is another argument) should be allowed.

Let us make this brief, if you believe dancing is part of worship then its hypocrisy or ignorance for you to say some dance styles are worldly because invariably you are saying dancing generally shouldn't be allowed in the church. Dance styles are product of socioreligious cultures. If you are a Yoruba man, the usual dance style you believe is the church style that you dance to Yoruba worship songs are what used to be danced during traditional social or religious gatherings. Likewise if you are Igbo, Ikwerre, Urhobho, Efik, Hausa and many others. So your so called churchy dance style is actually a Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa worldly dance style.

Whoever initiated or invented whatever is not and should not be the issue but rather the usefulness of the initiated or invented

Let stop deceiving ourselves with useless manipulations. I believe dancing is an integral part of Christian worship and can use any style to worship my God. Although I hardly dance any of those shoki, bobo, alanta and so on because I am not interested in them not because its a sin but am not a social person hence not updated. let's just put it that way.
Re: Christian Or Worldly Dance Style. by LLSAINT(m): 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
I believe you should be open to ideas/inputs or suggestion rather than being enclosed to your belief. The question is, what makes a dance Christianly and the other worldly?
Everything about God is original while that of the devil is copy copy/counterfeit therefore, if any dance that does not have Virtue, Praise and Truth, is considered worldly.
Re: Christian Or Worldly Dance Style. by cdoffx(m): 1:12am On Mar 21, 2017
LLSAINT:
I believe you should be open to ideas/inputs or suggestion rather than being enclosed to your belief. The question is, what makes a dance Christianly and the other worldly?
Everything about God is original while that of the devil is copy copy/counterfeit therefore, if any dance that does not have Virtue, Praise and Truth, is considered worldly.
I am not closed to ideas and I will be glad to read your explicit opinion on the issue

(1) (Reply)

... / What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? / A Clear Picture Of What Is Happening In The World Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.