Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Lend A Hand . . . . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lend A Hand . . . . (353 Views)

It Is Time To Lend A Hand To Avoid Burglar / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Uncle Unknowingly Said He Has A Hand In My Father's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lend A Hand . . . . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Was thinking about the fellow that jumped into the lagoon yesterday and I just couldn't help but feel sad....I spent time wondering what could have moved the young man to such an action. Heard on radio this morning that he was just 35 years....
At 35 he was a doctor...had a car, and even a driver...from the Nigerian standard that sounds like a successful young man in all ramifications.
There probably were lots of his secondary school mates or his university mates envying him.
But truth is no one knew what he was going through.....
I concluded that he was having a bout of depression and it took a bad turn.
It brings me back to our everyday life.
I will ask some pertinent questions that I am also guilty of.
When last did we check on a friend that we haven't heard from in a while?
When last did we visit some one we knew was finding things difficult?
When we see someone who had it going so well and all of a sudden is finding it hard to make ends meet, do we make fun of them?
When was the last time we called the names of particular people in our circle during our prayers with our creator, to intercede on their behalf ?
The economy is tough and truly people are finding it more difficult to survive.
I have noticed personally an increased number of destitutes in Lagos lately.

We need to watch out for each other...we need to call, we need to visit. I am hoping we can have a welfare committee in this group made up of people who can check in on others from time to time ( physically).
We never know who needs just an ear to listen to all the problems he/she is going through.

Let's be more caring..I am guilty of this too. I am going to try as well. To at least call someone per day just to say hello!

Lets ponder on this for a few seconds and decide to assist each other psychologically today.

1 Like

Re: Lend A Hand . . . . by Almaiga: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
Op, Nice thought.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Signs Your Family Is Feeling Too Much Stress / ARE THE BIG BRANDS CRUMBLING UNDER THE FEET OF THE SMALLER ONES ? / Police Officer, His Family And Dogs Die After Having A Meal Of Ewedu Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.