Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah (12002 Views)

An-nikkah (Marriage): A Soft Admonition To Our Sisters / Seven Beautiful Characteristics Which Make A Wife Exceptional / Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by sodsak: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Seven things you must avoid in your waleematu-nikkah

Written by Soodiq bn Mas'uud

الحمد لله والصلاه والسلام على رسول الله أما بعد:

1)Israaf

You want people to eat Amala,iyan,fufu, porridge,kebsha, Chinese rice,hmmm!!Sha don't do israaf(wastage)

وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا وَلَا تُسْرِفُوا إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance).

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31:

2)Wedding pictures

Must you show the world u have a beautiful spouse?Or u think keeping the wedding pictures to keep memory alive is a nice and dandy idea? Picture this hadith in your mind first,

ﺇﻥ ﺃﺷﺪ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻋﺬﺍﺑﺎ ﻋﻨﺪ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻳﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﻘﻴﺎﻣﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﺼﻮﺭﻭﻥ

The most severely punished people on the Day of Resurrection would
be the image-makers. [Bukhaari and Muslim]

3)Music

Planning on playing and inviting "Ayeloyun" to entertain your guests with Islamic Music? Think twice. Islam has no music.

" ﻟﻴﻜﻮﻧﻦ ﻣﻦ ﺃﻣﺘﻲ ﺃﻗﻮﺍﻡ ﻳﺴﺘﺤﻠﻮﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﺤﺮﻳﺮ
ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa,
silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari)

4)Tabarruj

Looking good on the day of your nikkah is a good idea,but if you must make up,then use niqob

وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ وَلَا تَبَرَّجْنَ تَبَرُّجَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ الْأُولَى

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance,

Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 33:

5)Inviting only the rich

This will make your nikkah food to be the worst ever,bcs the needy people (poor) are prevented from it

ﺷَﺮُّ ﺍﻟﻄَّﻌَﺎﻡِ ﻃَﻌَﺎﻡُ ﺍﻟْﻮَﻟِﻴﻤَﺔِ ﻳُﻤْﻨَﻌُﻬَﺎ
ﻣَﻦْ
ﻳَﺄْﺗِﻴﻬَﺎ ﻭَﻳُﺪْﻋَﻰ ﺇِﻟَﻴْﻬَﺎ ﻣَﻦْ ﻳَﺄْﺑَﺎﻫَﺎ

, “The worst food is the food of a wedding banquet in
which the rich are invited but the poor are left out.”
Source: Sahih Muslim

6)Ar-riyaau

My nikkah must be the talk of the town,it must have no similitude!!! That's riyaau(show-off),why not do it to please the lord of the world?

ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﺰ ﻭﺟﻞ ﻷﺻﺤﺎﺏ ﺫﻟﻚ ﻳﻮﻡ ﺍﻟﻘﻴﺎﻣﺔ ﺇﺫﺍ ﺟﺎﺯﻯ
ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ : ﺍﺫﻫﺒﻮﺍ ﺇﻟﻰ
ﺍﻟﺬﻳﻦ ﻛﻨﺘﻢ ﺗﺮﺍﺀﻭﻥ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺪﻧﻴﺎ ، ﻓﺎﻧﻈﺮﻭﺍ ﻫﻞ ﺗﺠﺪﻭﻥ ﻋﻨﺪﻫﻢ ﺟﺰﺍﺀ ؟

Allah the Exalted will say
to them (who show off), on the Day of Resurrection when
the people are being rewarded for their deeds: Go to those
whom you wished to show off in the world and look for
your reward with them.” (Musnad Ahmad Hadith 23119)

7)Imitating the kuffar
Using wedding gown, engagement ring,free mixing with opposite sex,kissing in public ,are all imitations of the kuffar and the prophet says

َ ﻣَﻦْ ﺗَﺸَﺒَّﻪَ ﺑِﻘَﻮْﻡٍ ﻓَﻬُﻮَ ﻣِﻨْﻬُﻢ

ْWhoever imitates a
people is one of them.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, hasan sahih)

أقول قولي هذا أستغفر الله لي ولكم

42 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Shafiiimran99: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2017
Tru talk
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Bimpe29: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2017
Alhamdulillah for Islam. Islam is not just a religion, but a way of life that avails one of mercy and blessing of Allah.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by slye(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakallahu khaeran brother

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by triplemmm3(f): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakumullah khairan, May Almighty Allah guide us aright

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by jabdulhamid97(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2017
alhamdulilah ftc
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by missioner(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
salaam! the hadith you quoted in no3 seems to justify music.
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by fistonati(m): 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
many ppl will not comment & or share on this as ir doesn't show what they like to see.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by aisammy4: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
sodsak:

1)Israaf

You want people to eat Amala,iyan,fufu, porridge,kebsha, Chinese rice,hmmm!!Sha don't do israaf(wastage)

eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance).

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31:

2)Wedding pictures

Must you show the world u have a beautiful spouse?Or u think keeping the wedding pictures to keep memory alive is a nice and dandy idea? Picture this hadith in your mind first,

3)Music

Planning on playing and inviting "Ayeloyun" to entertain your guests with Islamic Music? Think twice. Islam has no music.

ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

4)Tabarruj

Looking good on the day of your nikkah is a good idea,but if you must make up,then use niqob

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance,

5)Inviting only the rich

This will make your nikkah food to be the worst ever,bcs the needy people (poor) are prevented from it

ﻣَﻦْ

6)Ar-riyaau

My nikkah must be the talk of the town,it must have no similitude!!! That's riyaau(show-off),why not do it to please the lord of the world?

7)Imitating the kuffar
Using wedding gown, engagement ring,free mixing with opposite sex,kissing in public ,are all imitations of the kuffar and the prophet says

ْWhoever imitates a

Alhamdullillah, I have added to my knowledge today. I've always wanted my wedding to be the talk of town, King Sunny Ade to be the artist of the day and my Bride want to look best with the most expensive wedding gown with lost of golds and full make-up. But know i know.

This topic is teaching us that humility is key to everything we do. May Allah guide us all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Abujabir24: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sisters hope you're getting this? I just hope I can convince my wife to be on how to avoid this. Most especially pre-wedding pictures. I hate that scenario. Brothers please how can I boycott this without hurting her?

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by hammak1993(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Image is different from picture. what the hadith's is referring to is those that draw images, just like the artist and sculptor that creates images. Just like the people of Noah that create images of their pious ones after their death.

Islam doesn't condemn pictures, the only condition pictures are not allowed, is when using pictures of sheikhs as necklace and other aspect which can leads to 'shrik' (associating partner with God)

Allahu Allam

14 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Adebash01(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
IDINA SIRATALIMUSTAQIMOH
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by brightlomo(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
true talk, may Almighty Allah give us His idayah.
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by webincomeplus(m): 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
missioner:
Look at other things on that list, and then tell me if they are by default permissible in Islam. What the Prophet meant by that statement if that those acts are haram, but some people will make them permissible, thereby going against Allaah's legislation.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by webincomeplus(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammak1993:
Image is different from picture. what the hadith's is referring to is those that draw images, just like the artist and sculptor that creates images. Just like the people of Noah that create images of their pious ones after their death.

Islam doesn't condemn pictures, the only condition pictures are not allowed, is when using pictures of sheikhs as necklace and other aspect which can leads to 'shrik' (associating partner with God)

Allahu Allam
Is this your opinion or that of the Prophet or his companions?

A picture is a picture, regardless of whatever was used to make it. Take heed.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by busar(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nice piece!
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by ayenny02(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Alhamdulilah I am a Muslim,i don't need to copy others in their religion. Allah has perfected his religion and it is a way of life for Muslim to follow

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
jazakumllahi khairan
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by budosky(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
webincomeplus:

Is this your opinion or that of the Prophet or his companions?

A picture is a picture, regardless of whatever was used to make it. Take heed.

ولهذا، فئتنى رقم هاتفك (nairaland)يا أخى المبرك، أريد أن أسألك شئ فى خارج نيرلند
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Lukay99: 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
Bimpe29:
Alhamdulillah for Islam. Islam is not just a religion, but a way of life that avails one of mercy and blessing of Allah.

Jazakumullah khairan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Lukay99: 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
sodsak:

1)Israaf

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 31:

2)Wedding pictures

3)Music

ﻭﺍﻟﺨﻤﺮ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﻌﺎﺯﻑ ..

4)Tabarruj

5)Inviting only the rich

ﻣَﻦْ

6)Ar-riyaau

7)Imitating the kuffar

ْWhoever imitates a

Jazakumullah khairan,

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by coveredchic(f): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammak1993:

Allahu Allam
Thank you for pointing this out. I've been speechless.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by coveredchic(f): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
What about the hadith that says a wedding should be joyous and merry?

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by youngsahito(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
quite educative
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by prettymina(f): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
Jazakumllah khairan brother,my nikhai is coming up soon,I just wish I can avoid all this but my family won't allow me.am the youngest daughter in my house,they want to support me.yet they won't allow me do my nikhai the way I want...am just confused right now
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by webincomeplus(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2017
budosky:

ولهذا، فئتنى رقم هاتفك (nairaland)يا أخى المبرك، أريد أن أسألك شئ فى خارج نيرلند
Your statement wasn't completely clear to me. But here's my phone number: 08062357604 (since I got that part).
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by webincomeplus(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
coveredchic:

What about the hadith that says a wedding should be joyous and merry?
You don't have to engage in all these prohibitions to make your wedding joyous and merry. People hold interesting and enjoyable waleemahs that involve none of these.
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by webincomeplus(m): 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
prettymina:
Jazakumllah khairan brother,my nikhai is coming up soon,I just wish I can avoid all this but my family won't allow me.am the youngest daughter in my house,they want to support me.yet they won't allow me do my nikhai the way I want...am just confused right now

Try to involve some elderly people who have understanding of the Deen, especially your relatives or people we'll known to your parents. Get them to talk to your parents, so they can realize that Islam forbids those things and they don't necessarily have to include them as part of the celebration. Don't forget to pray to Allaah to soften your parents' hearts.

But if your parents insist, your last resort is to disapprove of those things with your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by 2016easy2017: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammak1993:

Allahu Allam
u wrong.brother. islam condems both pictures and images.either 2 or 3 dimensional.
pls islam is not a religion where you talk if you dont have knowledge.the holy prophet s.a.w dusted of 2 dimensional images inside the ka'aba with water and cloth,cursing the culprits while cleaning.
now can u clean images ,using water and clothe?so pls brother.lets search for knowledge
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by 2016easy2017: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
missioner:
assalam alaikum brother.
yes islam permits music in some times like marriage. and with conditions
music among women only.as the holliest creature suggested to Aisha,
the music would be with 'DUFF BEATING' only.
but due to excessiveness, scholars then condemed it totally

1 Like

Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by Bimpe29: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lukay99:

Jazakumullah khairan
Waaya kum
Re: Seven Things You Must Avoid In Your Waleematu-nikkah by saheedbadmus(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Salamualaikum OP, I won't accept your number 2 and 3 write up... the prophet never condemned wedding pictures okay so stop saying it as if the prophet condemned picture what the hadith talked about is all those making sculptures and co and not photograph..why won't you take picture when having nikai, in other way round you are not supposed to av a video record of your wedding then...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Impacts And Contribution Of Islam To World Civilization. / Muslims Burned Alive A 10 Years Old Xtian Boy For Refusing To Convert To Islam!! / Please , Which Reciter Is The Best To Memorize Quran Myself Via My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.