Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye (1322 Views)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Car Collection Of Senator Dino Melaye / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by Okey80: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
CERTIFICATE SAGA:
interesting DEFENSE OF SENATOR Dino Melaye

By Soni Akoji

I just read a story by PM News where it was alleged that the Senator representing the good people of Kogi West in the 8th Senate did not graduate from the Ahmadu Bello University,
Zaria.

This is nothing but jankara reportage and I make bold to set the record straight.

Dino Melaye spilled, pour and splashed over during his days as an undergraduate at ABU. To God be the glory, Uncle K aka General Mamman Kotangora came calling as Sole-Administrator in 1996. Immediately he set up a taskforce to reduce the students population to an acceptable limit. One demographic of students on campus that was captured were those who have overstayed there welcome. Dino Melaye fell under this category as he overshot his graduation by THREE academic sessions (3 years) and still counting, as a result of intractable and unresolved carryovers on the part of the student in question.

Dino and other students in this category were granted amnesty to write all their carryover courses along with the prerequisites during a special semester called "Third Semester or Amnesty Semester."

If my memory serves me right, Dino Melaye eventually earned the minimum Total Credit Unit Required (TCUR) and graduated with a PASS in Geography after 8 years in the University.

Unless Dino flunked his amnesty year, which was a kind of #LetMyPeopleGo, in which case he will have been presented a CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE, there is absolutely no truth in the publication that the Okun Senator did not graduate from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zauzau.

DAZZOL

So let no one say I never did anything for Dino

Soni Akoji
Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by Cutehector(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Where is the certificate?

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by EricBloodAxe: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lol... Amnesty semester aka third semester...u must be high off latrine fumesgrin

4 Likes

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by jamislaw(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
EricBloodAxe:
Lol... Amnesty semester aka third semester...u must be high off latrine fumesgrin
they use to do that in ABU, I graduated from the school 3 years back.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by OYAY(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
"Amnesty semester" okay o! I
comment my reserve.
Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by OmoAregbesola: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dino don enter 1chance.
But he can still b allowed 2 go and rewrite d carry over course now as a senator.
Ase oloodo ni babaalaye .
# I WANTED 2 STAND WITH DINO#

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by lwise(m): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
It's a trap to nail Sahara reporters, just watch.
Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by olaboy33(m): 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
so busybody sen Dino melaye graduated with a pass on Geography after spending 8 years of in the university

ND we are expecting something good to come out of our national assembly

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by Elnino4ladies: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Pass degree? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by tunderay(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
8 years to study a four years course? But I'm not surprised he has risen to the level of a senator in Nigeria, we were told he was a student union activist back then. This issue of third semester just weak me, abeg na secondary school?

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by obailala(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
This kind of story sef... I can't really point out if this is in favour of Dino or against him. lipsrsealed

But finally, no be today Dino jaguda start. grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by izombie(m): 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
As is the case with anything nigerian. They'll let this drag on and on and on instead of doing the right thing and present the certificate so that this rumour will just die. When trump accused obama of not being born in america, obama didn't say much, he just brought out his birth certificate and the allegation died like that.
Re: See What Someone Wrote About The Ongoing Certificate Saga Of Senator Dino Melaye by HAH: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
OP, your claims are true and false at the same time, yes Dino ppfailed some courses but passed them at the third semester window, but Dino did not spend 8 years in Abu he actually spent 6 years and everyone that went to ABU between 1993- 99 had an extra year due to the kontagora regime if you check very well Dino matric is 93/****, in 1995 ASUU made all Nigerian universities lose a session this make all ABU student to lose 2 years extra.

Dino did not get a pass degree but a 3rd class

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lis Of Countries By DEBT (2016) See Nigeria's Shocking Position / First Picture Of Buhari Surfaces Online After 68 Days In London / Kachikwu Is A Minister Without Portfolio - Tam David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.