Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers (33389 Views)

Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers / Hyundai Car Owners To Enjoy Free Service / 11 Things FRSC Wants Vehicle Owners To Carry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by bukodeen(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2017
Mumu, quote any law in Nigerian dat mandate him 2 wear custom uniform, I don't knw why some pple don't seems 2 understand simple thing. Is he a carrier custom officer? Or is it forcing him 2 wear uniform we need @ dis point in time? Or 2 put the country in order?
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by emmaelectelect(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2017
Lordsocrates:

WHY ARE WE SO SOO STUPID LIKE THIS IN THIS COUNTRY
Of all the people to reference for fighting corruption, you had to reference GEJ, who dashed Dasuki our $2.1 billion, dashed Haruna $8.9million, dashed Tompollo billions..
gave free import as excise duties to his cronies...

are really this dumb ? are we really this corrupt ? to use such a person as the yardstick for efficient corruption fight ? I just pity you and the dumb idiots liking your post... the kind of dumbness here is just like peak, deep inside of you guys.
GEJ established all the IT systems been used by this APC admin, they have not created any and will not create any since their methodology is goofed

since you dont know NIPPS; TSA; BVN; All verification system now [that is fighting corruption and not this manual confusion causing schemes we are witnessing]
An attempt to arrest a vehicle nearly led to loss of life at Oshodi as the driver of the car attempts to escape customs arrest

Just imagine the success of BVN
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by titiakins: 10:16am On Mar 22, 2017
Meanwhile fake drugs and rice are coming into the country on a daily bases
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by adecz: 10:18am On Mar 22, 2017
This man has failed.

Senate should seek his removal.

After two years in office, this is the only

yeye idea he can up with...

Nonsense & inconcubility......

1 Like

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Tellmeurmind: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

This clearly shows that you neither have a car nor know how clearing of stuffs at customs works sad sad. The importation and clearance details of any car you buy are clearly stated on the car custom papers.
you that have car, how many cars have u bought from 3rd party and you see custom papers inside?

1 Like

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by loopman: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2017
dadavivo:
Mumuu wear your uniform first, then we will obey. For now gerrarahere

You get motor?

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by edidos: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2017
Who custom duty help? We don't give a Bleep
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by bolseas(f): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2017
olisaemeka1:
sent a text to the number and it keeps failing to deliver ......please has anyone been successful .

The only meaningful post here.

I haven't though. I don't have my documents close by.
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by babaireti(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2017
Good one
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Nbote(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2017
ikp120:

Bro we no dey fool ourselves. How do you know that the porous borders are not being worked on? undecided Make dem come carry microphone dey holla for ya ear "Nbote, we don block the loop holes o!"? undecided C'mon bro, you yourself know say that shiit doesn't make sense. Mind you, it's humans that you have at those borders, not robots or machines. The highest you can do is to either sack or redeploy them. There's NO guarantee that the next officers manning those border will be "holy men" or men of integrity grin grin grin.

Soldiers dey collect bribe for express o. That's a "norm" in Nigeria, but it's WRONG!

But one thing I like about this move is the fact that I don't need to go to any goddamn office to confirm my papers are genuine. I can even save the text in case any uniform guy that stops me on the wheels try to tell me say my papers are fake grin grin grin grin.

Bro let's look at this again and again. It has its cons and pros, I know that bro, just like any other innovation. This is really cool mehn.

There's no doubting d intent behind d move but d timing and execution is totally wrong.. It is only d masses who are going to suffer such policies on d long run.. For a country where most of if not all of the masses cannot afford new cars and as such depends on tokunbo or second cars.. Let's assume d duties were not paid by d initial owners/sellers, it simply means u expect d present owner to com and make payment for d duty ryt?

2 Likes

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by keycash: 10:38am On Mar 22, 2017
NnamdiChidi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/customs-service-announces-code-number-vehicle-duty-clearance-verification/

Nonsense of highest order, Mr Ali just wanted to enrich pocket of his boys last week Friday his boys collected 20k from me saying my duty is fake I have evidence of the payment the officer account number with name and phone number. na arrangin govt we dey
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2017
dumodust:

The guy is ridiculing the country with his antics, somebody who is supposed to be serious and ethical, and you are here monkeying about for him... BMC goon... if he feels too good for the post like if rules guiding service in customs dont matter, it is a matter of principle and morality which he claims to have in abundance to retire, not flashing his supposedly fine military career in our faces as an insulting excuse. Fine military career my ass(i even wonder how many wars he fought), ordinary colonel wey full everywhere, he should even be proud that they gave him a rare brand of general, a rank unshared with his more humble higher ranked military retirees- not a mere brigadier or major-general, but a much rarer COMPTROLLER-GENERAL grin
HAMEED ALI IS NOT ONE OF THE ORDINARY COLONELS WEY FULL EVERYWHERE, HE WAS AN EX GOVERNOR.

1 Like

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Nbote(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2017
titiakins:
Meanwhile fake drugs and rice are coming into the country on a daily bases

If u go to d sokoto border, U'll understand d hypocrisy... Dangote trucks bring in rice on a daily basis in their hundreds.. Other so called contraband items are brought in thru d checkpoint not even thru smuggling routes. U'll drive thru most part of d north without seeing any police roadblocks not to mention asking for ur vehicle particulars...

1 Like

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by calyto: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2017
grin grin grin

You are bringing GEJ into this matter?Why not state your opinion without dragging him in?

Anyway, i was part of those that voted him out and i've never ever regretted my action.
If PMB continues to fail, i will also use my card to vote him out.

GEJ failed woefully and that doesn't make PMB a saint....

Mboi2:

That's what you get when you have an old man that is supposed to be resting at home as a boss.
This is rubbish. I love GEJ's idea of fighting corruption. He said that the best way to fight corruption is not by putting people in the crates but by blocking the loop holes in those institutions that dwell in corruption. What this Ali should do is to sanitize the custom and make sure no vehicle passes through without paying the appropriate duty. Who helped those car dealers to clear the cars without paying duty? Custom. Who cleared container of arms? Customs. So Ali concentrate on cleaning the custom not asking people to do this and that.
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by titiakins: 10:56am On Mar 22, 2017
Nbote:

If u go to d sokoto border, U'll understand d hypocrisy... Dangote trucks bring in rice on a daily basis in their hundreds.. Other so called contraband items are brought in thru d checkpoint not even thru smuggling routes. U'll drive thru most part of d north without seeing any police roadblocks not to mention asking for ur vehicle particulars...
and you see foolish southerners supporting this nonsense

We are our own problem
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another stupid move ..is it my duty to know which port my car came through when i am not an importer or a car dealership . If this man is smart he will know that he should direct his activities to corrupt customs officials, the ministry of finance and car dealer

If you are sensible enough you should be able to ask information about your car before buying, You should know if it's Lagos clear or import through Cotonou
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2017
Saintp:
This is a good move but the way they are going about it is wrong. Leaders in this country are always quick to pass the repercussions of thier inefficiencies and corruption on the innocent people.

Instead of going backwards to harass people, they should sit up so that no car comes in without paying the required duty. Trust me, these guys would harass and condemn even people with genuine duty payment on the road if they start implementing this. Stop making things difficult for the masses because of your own corruption and inefficiencies.

I respect ur comment, that's how it should go down, because with this current method one thing's for sure, a lot of innocent Nigerian motorists are going to suffer

1 Like

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by akinszz: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why should i know how customs works ..For your info ever car have bought in my life was bought brand new off reputable dealeships here in Lagos and I paid in full one lump sump..i have never bought a used car so i dont even know if my papers have have any customs paper...Still bought a brand new car for my mum recently and they just sent it from a VI show room straight to her i didnt even bother loolking and the car I swear and i have not seen it till date I swear
your empty chest beating will take you no where
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2017
Another policy somersault.

Very soon they will ask us to provide details of the previous owners of our vehicles for the last 5 years.

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by SalamRushdie: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

If you are sensible enough you should be able to ask information about your car before buying, You should know if it's Lagos clear or import through Cotonou

Why must the common man bear the brunt of Buharis poor leadership.. so customs leadership will rick deal with car dealers yet the masses will be expectted to get punished for it .. Na God go punish all una I swear

2 Likes

Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by SalamRushdie: 11:09am On Mar 22, 2017
akinszz:
your empty chest beating will take you no where

Am I the one that told you not to make your mum happy..Abeg park well ...When you were spending your income on small girls and forgeting ur mum was I there ..
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Authentic2000: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2017
Nigerian customs should first rid themselves of corruption. Last week I went to their Ikeja office and they collected 5k from me without reciept for checking the status of my car's custom papers
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2017
Good one..
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by akinszz: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Am I the one that told you not to make your mum happy..Abeg park well ...When you were spending your income on small girls and forgeting ur mum was I there ..
i know your type... you have low IQ.. you are not matured.. you still need breastfeeding to grow mentally.... ''I buy brand new car'' what a childish talk.
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by SpaceAngel: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2017
How does one know if the correct amount for duty has been payed. I believe a vehicle may have been registered but lesser amount payed as duy.. undecided
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by SalamRushdie: 11:28am On Mar 22, 2017
akinszz:
i know your type... you have low IQ.. you are not matured.. you still need breastfeeding to grow mentally.... ''I buy brand new car'' what a childish talk.

Get out ..Have U bougt a brand new car before ..Just know when it comes to IQ I will floor you anytime anyday , I will floor you in any known field either intellectual or physical .. If its easy go and buy brand new car for your mum make we see .. First you accuse me of never owning a car and I you I have and now you are bitter ... See I have helped more people in life than you will ever you jealous being
Re: Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why must the common man bear the brunt of Buharis poor leadership.. so customs leadership will rick deal with car dealers yet the masses will be expectted to get punished for it .. Na God go punish all una I swear

LOL pained i guess, Well common man have been enjoy the corrupt life for decades and has to stop one day, Singapore go through the same process and today they aey are celebrating the man that bring sanity to their country same way we will to Buhari..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings / Mercedes Celebrate G-Class 40th Anniversary With 3 “Stronger Than Time” Editions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.