Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,005 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. (45269 Views)

FGGC Owerri Wins First Overall in 2016/2017 WAEC Examinations / 2017 WAEC Results By State Ranking / 2017 WAEC GCE Time Table Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
These are tips that could help students sitting for 2017 WAEC Physics Practical:
- first, read the instructions on the exam paper given to you before you start.
- write your name, reg. no, center number, etc, correctly with capital letters. Always use blue biro to write & not red nor black biro.
- make sure your group members are precise & accurate while doing the experiment.
- make sure your work is neat. Ensure a composite table when tabulating your readings correctly.
- arrive at 3 decimal places where necessary.
- evaluate correct arithmetic.
- when plotting the graphs, make use of sharp pencils.
- always give the graphs their titles.
- label the axes correctly, with its units where necessary.
- always choose reasonable scales for your graphs.
- plot points correctly.
- draw line of best fit. The line that best fits your graph.
- show intercepts correctly, where necessary.
- choose a slope. Your slope shouldn't be the same with your mates.
Continue reading below...
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
- Draw a large right angled triangle for your slope.
- print your graphs boldly.
- learn about precautions on experiments carried out.
- read on topics related to experiments carried out.
- don't be dependant on expos, most times it fails.
>>> SUCCESS ALL THROUGH...
Disclaimer: I know what will come out of the questions, not that I saw the paper but my intelligence could read a body at any given time. Not myself but thank the Almighty Creator of the gifts He endowed in me!!!
Please do not call me to ask for... Before People will start accusing me. Thanks!
Credits: NatureBoy91.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lalasticlala, Fynestboi, this thread could help motivate students/candidates sitting for 2017 WASSCE, which will start fully nextweek. Thanks!
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by vicstiqs95: 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
pls is the physics practical sample available? l really need it.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by endtime1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
u didn't tell them that this year's waec will be answered directly inside the booklet that contains the question

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
endtime1:
u didn't tell them that this year's waec will be answered directly inside the booklet that contains the question
Thanks for that reminder.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
vicstiqs95:
pls is the physics practical sample available? l really need it.
Why?
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by wellsaid(m): 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Join this Physics Tutorial Group .... 07051209131
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Why?
Please Bro, the number two question which is from HEAT and will require common salt, could you please give me an insight on it? Has there been a similar practical under heat? the ones i have seen used to include making use of calorimeter/can, painted and unpainted, and noting the temperature rise per minute, and ploting two non linear graphs on the same sheet. Please Since You know what this will look like, kindly give me a brief and concise explanation. Thanks
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2017
CondomSir:
Please Bro, the number two question which is from HEAT and will require common salt, could you please give me an insight on it? Has there been a similar practical under heat? the ones i have seen used to include making use of calorimeter/can, painted and unpainted, and noting the temperature rise per minute, and ploting two non linear graphs on the same sheet. Please Since You know what this will look like, kindly give me a brief and concise explanation. Thanks
Read about boiling point of a liquid. And also the effect of impurities on liquid. I could have told u all but this is a glance, take it serious.

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Read about boiling point of a liquid. And also the effect of impurities on liquid. I could have told u all but this is a glance, take it serious.
And You think you are giving me expo if you tell me more than this? Anyways Thanks
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Dunsin89(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
WAEC 2017 PHYSICS PRACTICAL QUESTIONS will be very similar (if not the same) with WAEC 2009 PHYSICS PRACTICAL.
Please try and study it well. For more on WAEC 2017 examinations, advice, Marking scheme, how to answer questions, Area of concentration, reading tips, biology-chemistry-physics-maths-english online tutorials, career advice etc call Dr Rush (A private senior secondary school teacher) on 08037737245 (calls only)
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Dunsin89(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
WAEC 2017 PHYSICS PRACTICAL QUESTIONS will be very similar (if not the same) with WAEC 2009 PHYSICS PRACTICAL QUESTIONS.
Please try and study it well. For more on WAEC 2017 examinations, advice, Marking scheme, how to answer questions, Area of concentration, reading tips, biology-chemistry-physics-maths-english online tutorials, career advice etc call Dr Rush (A private senior secondary school teacher) on 08037737245 (calls only)
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dunsin89:
WAEC 2017 PHYSICS PRACTICAL QUESTIONS will be very similar (if not the same) with WAEC 2009 PHYSICS PRACTICAL.
No, it is not that but the only one similar is that of 2012 Q3.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by endtime1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
may I point out that for question one if u have master practical physics check page 67 n 127 that's d likely question for specimen one n that of specimen three I perceive that the bulb is replacing resistors in other normal practical
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Udehpj: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
question 3 of physics practical 2017 is goin to b 2011 phy practical question 3. Notin wil b remove fr it. If u av pass question. Check it with the instruction given to physics teachers.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Udehpj:
question 3 of physics practical 2017 is goin to b 2011 phy practical question 3. Notin wil b remove fr it. If u av pass question. Check it with the instruction given to physics teachers.
But the graph and table is totally "wrong." The values of LogV & LogI, even the vertical intercept are incorrect.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
2A) the graph on this is a straight line graph.
3Bi) answer: the brightness of the bulb increases as voltage/current increases along the potentiometer wire.
3Bii) answer: capacitor, diode, transistor, thyristor, etc.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
NatureBoy91:
please can you expatiate more on this sir,am a serving corps member taking physics in my school and I don't really know pratical
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2017
ibroh22:

please can you expatiate more on this sir,am a serving corps member taking physics in my school and I don't really know pratical
On which of them? I can give u my number so that I will tell u more about it. But, on a strict note.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 27, 2017
Note that graph 1 & 3 are hard to plot, maybe because it involves Logarithm. The line tends to intercept on the horizontal but u are required of the vertical intercepts, making it hard. Also note that in Q1, as L(cm) decreases, t(s) decreases. In Q2, the slope have unit(g/degree celsius).
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Note that graph 1 & 3 are hard to plot, maybe because it involves Logarithm. The line tends to intercept on the horizontal but u are required of the vertical intercepts, making it hard. Also note that in Q1, as L(cm) decreases, t(s) increases. In Q2, the slope have unit(g/degree celsius).
Do you have any idea if the small bult is replacing the resistors in Q1?
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
On which of them? I can give u my number so that I will tell u more about it. But, on a strict note.
that will be better Sir,,,,,can u send it to my mail hammedibrahim116@gmail.com
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2017
CondomSir:
Do you have any idea if the small bult is replacing the resistors in Q1?
No, it's not. It's there to indicate voltage/current along the potentiometer wire.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2017
ibroh22:

that will be better Sir,,,,,can u send it to my mail hammedibrahim116@gmail.com
I just don't know if i can do that because of some reasons.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
I just don't know if i can do that because of some reasons.
how do I call u then?, thought you said you are going to give me your number,so I can call you,thats why I send you my mail if you don't want to drop the number on the thread
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Note that graph 1 & 3 are hard to plot, maybe because it involves Logarithm. The line tends to intercept on the horizontal but u are required of the vertical intercepts, making it hard. Also note that in Q1, as L(cm) decreases, t(s) increases. In Q2, the slope have unit(g/degree celsius).
what should we do as regards this,since the line is tending towards the horizontal and we are ask to find the intercept on the vertical axis?
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by debbiluv82: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
Interesting
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by debbiluv82: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls is it possible to get a glimpse of the 2009 and 2011 past question?
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by oluwashola4me(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please, who has a copy of the WAEC timetable? Please, do share with me. Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks / I Caught A Co-Teacher Eating From A Pupil's Lunchbox / Adekunle Ajasin University Release Is Second List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.