Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. (45263 Views)

FGGC Owerri Wins First Overall in 2016/2017 WAEC Examinations / 2017 WAEC Results By State Ranking / 2017 WAEC GCE Time Table Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Izygab(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2017
NatureBoy91:
2009 is similar to Q1, 2011 for Q3
thank you so much sir. What about Q2

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by dasrackhor(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Though it's similar to 2009 but it isn't it because it has mass hung on it, and there's no logarithm. 2012, Q3, is real but the some answers on the past questn booklet r wrong.
Hello bro......pls help me wit d values of question 2 n 3 only......am a physics teacher wit no practical knowledge...pls u can send it via whatsapp () or or drop yha contact so dat I can reach you. pls help me cos they are aving d exam on Monday...pls sir
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nesco244(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
NatureBoy91:
What parameter will be plotted on the vertical axis and what on the he horizontal axis.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nesco244:

What parameter will be plotted on the vertical axis and what on the he horizontal axis.
LogT against LogL, I guess.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
dasrackhor:
Hello bro......pls help me wit d values of question 2 n 3 only......am a physics teacher wit no practical knowledge...pls u can send it via whatsapp (08087834806) or davson4realluv@gmail.com or drop yha contact so dat I can reach you. pls help me cos they are aving d exam on Monday...pls sir
It's nt free, I guess.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
NatureBoy91:
It's nt free, I guess.
good evening sir,i should have called you but am out of airtime,thanks for yesterday and the other day,,,I have tried dragging the jockey on the potentiometer and recorded the readings but while checking through precautions in the past question,i learnt that the Jockey shouldn't be dragged but rather placed on the particular point required,i even asked another random physics teacher and he confirmed to me that,jockey shouldn't be dragged on the potentiometer
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
ibroh22:

good evening sir,i should have called you but am out of airtime,thanks for yesterday and the other day,,,I have tried dragging the jockey on the potentiometer and recorded the readings but while checking through precautions in the past question,i learnt that the Jockey shouldn't be dragged but rather placed on the particular point required,i even asked another random physics teacher and he confirmed to me that,jockey shouldn't be dragged on the potentiometer
Dragging on the potentiometer is to check if it's sensitive enough. I think.

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
MrMarvelous:

Dragging on the potentiometer is to check if it's sensitive enough. I think.
Thanks,,I understand

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 31, 2017
ibroh22:

I think dragging the jockey on the potentiometer could damage/cut the potentiometer wire.

Maybe, maybe not.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2017
ibroh22:

There's difference btwn sliding "over" and sliding "along" a potentiometer wire. Remember, I said u should "slide along" the potentiometer wire. Sliding/dragging "over" will short-cut the wire & also affect ur results.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2017
NatureBoy91:
There's difference btwn sliding "over" and sliding "along" a potentiometer wire. Remember, I said u should "slide along" the potentiometer wire. Sliding/dragging "over" will short-cut the wire & also affect ur results.
Now am confused
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2017
ibroh22:

Now am confused
That's how I learnt mine but I will still make research.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2017
NatureBoy91:
That's how I learnt mine but I will still make research.
you told me,i will drag the Jockey from 100 to the point they gave us e.g if we are given 10m,i will drag the Jockey from 100cm to 10cm..
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
ibroh22:

you told me,i will drag the Jockey from 100 to the point they gave us e.g if we are given 10m,i will drag the Jockey from 100cm to 10cm..
Yes that how I was taught. But since u said so, i will do research on that.

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Yes that how I was taught. But since u said so, i will do research on that.
I asked they said it's wrong,i even saw it in the precautions that,jockey shouldn't be dragged on the potentiometer,,they said we shld just place it on the point required
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
ibroh22:

I asked they said it's wrong,i even saw it in the precautions that,jockey shouldn't be dragged on the potentiometer,,they said we shld just place it on the point required
I know about that but need to research on that.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 2:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
NatureBoy91:
I know about that but need to research on that.
alright sir
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by abbagamawa(m): 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
3Bi) answer: the brightness of the
bulb increases as voltage/current
increases along the potentiometer
wire.

please brother can you help me with the reason for the increase in the brightness of the bulb?

thanks
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 01, 2017
abbagamawa:
3Bi) answer: the brightness of the
bulb increases as voltage/current
increases along the potentiometer
wire.

please brother can you help me with the reason for the increase in the brightness of the bulb?

thanks
This is because the current/voltage that flows through the circuit increases the brightness of the bulb as x(cm)/resistance increases.

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Sliding a jockey along a potentiometer is required when balancing the lengths. But in this case, the lengths are given, that's why u are not required to slide on it. Hope, it's understood? Thanks!
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Sliding a jockey along a potentiometer is required when balancing the lengths. But in this case, the lengths are given, that's why u are not required to slide on it. Hope, it's understood? Thanks!
Ibroh22.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
If u require any answers/values or questions from tomorrow till the day the exam is over. You'll have to show "something" cos I may not answer such person. I've tried a lot.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
Pls, what are the values on your physics practical series, 2011 Q3. Just noticed that it is different from the one we have here. Thanks to my last caller for observing that.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Note that graph 1 & 3 are hard to plot, maybe because it involves Logarithm. The line tends to intercept on the horizontal but u are required of the vertical intercepts, making it hard. Also note that in Q1, as L(cm) decreases, t(s) increases. In Q2, the slope have unit(g/degree celsius).

I just carried out the Q1 experiment in the lab..

As my L decreases from 80cm to 40cm, the time t decreases from 14.52s to 10.28cm. This is contrary to the supposed trend.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
CondomSir:

As my L decreases from 80cm to 40cm, the time t decreases from 14.52s to 10.28cm. This is contrary to the supposed trend.

What do you think?
That's right. You are very correct. That earlier values was done by someone, I told him to vary the length of threads/strings but instead he varied the length on metre rule & that's why t increases as L decreases. But for this lengths of thread variation, L decreases as t decreases.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
CondomSir:

What do you think?
I will correct/edit that trend. Tnx.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
Note: Lalasticlala, Seun, Fynestboi; thread for 2017 WAEC Physics Practical slated for 03/04/2017.
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
NatureBoy91:
I understand,so now,we will just place it on the particular distance we were given?
Re: Tips For 2017 Waec Physics Practical. by ibroh22(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
CondomSir:

What do you think?
sir,how do someone oscillate metre rule in vertical and horizontal axis,,,,am confused

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aau Ekpoma 2015/2016 Admission Thread / I Caught A Co-Teacher Eating From A Pupil's Lunchbox / Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.