Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Buhari Decries Academic Certificate Saga, Examination Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Decries Academic Certificate Saga, Examination Fraud (446 Views)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Decries Academic Certificate Saga, Examination Fraud by mikegeo(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2017
When I saw this news headline this morning, I cannot just explain what happened to me. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. My ears grew in size, threatening to leave their positions. I opened my mouth in bewilderment until a fly announced its arrival. I could sniff the lies oozing out from my phone. Everything in and on my head grew too large my neck felt burdened handling the load on it. Until I read the full story.

Until I read the part where it stated President Muhammadu Buhari was represented by his vice. I almost shouted hallelujah. Only a Prof. 'Yemi Osinbajo, who has had decades of teaching and practising law, could stand before a distinguished audience to talk about academic certificates and examination fraud.
In the build-up to the 2015 general elections, the then General Muhammadu Buhari presented a photocopy of his Secondary School Leaving Certificate to the electoral umpires.
When the then ruling government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his party PDP came out fiercely challenging the process, Buhari, APC and their cohorts defended their action with almost 20 SANS including the present governor of Ondo state. They came out with many excuses.
The original was nowhere to be found. It is either in Kaduna or Daura. Maybe with Aisha or Zahra. It may even be in Zaria. Then they completed the shameful charade when they said the certificate is at the Defence Headquarters!

That was when I knew you could actually submit your original ceritificate to your employer and leave it with them when you resign or retire.

Dino Melaye tops all discussion charts this week because he too is enmeshed in certificate saga. He is not an Ahmadu Bello University alumnus. Boston-based Harvard University also came out to lay the facts he was only there for a week conference/fellowship and not a degree course. The lousy, uncouth 'distinguished senator' is going through his own ordeal now and like Buhari, this too would pass away.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is a 'Doctor'. Till now, INEC cannot find his PhD certificate in his file. We all shouted and nearly lost our voices. His too passed away.

Years ago when Edo people and Nigerians in general asked for the veteran labour leader Adams Oshiomole for his degree certificate, he ran from pillar to post explaining to whoever cares to listen he has a university degree. Even though he didn't attend any degree-awardingcollege in Nigeria, he could beat his chest he got one from a Russian(or Soviet Union) university. We are still going through the files in the USSR searching for his certificate.

Then the turn of his successor. Godwin Obaseki is still struggling to convince his Edo people his certificates are genuine and not forged. But like the others, this too would pass away.

The Jagaban Borgu also had his own share. The Lion of Bourdillon is a graduate of the University of Toronto. Someone said the university has closed shop reason the Nigerian political icon has not been able to retrieve his certificate. Today, Remi's husband is a political kingmaker in Nigeria.

Then his Commissioner for Works while he was the governor of Lagos state is not left out. Baba Kabiru is referred to as the brain behind the new, revolutionized Lagos with his infrastructuraldesign and template. He is said to be a trained Engineer from the Ibadan Polytechnic.

When 'Engineer' Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola got to the state of Osun, he could only see his WAEC certificate. His diploma has developed wings and flew away.

But I cannot forgive Ekiti people. I cannot forget how they all wanted to become Professors while growing up in Ikere-Ekiti. Each household has at least a PhD holder. Ekiti WAS the fountain of knowledge and we all strived to retain the status.
It is a pity the governor of such great state has only a WAEC certificate. His Ibadan Polytechnic diploma has disappeared, even when Eji Owuro crooner, Shola Allyson, confirmed they were colleagues.

As if that wasn't enough, the present deputy governor of Ondo state is a 'barrister' who graduated from Igbinedion University but prefers to use his WAEC certificate. A friend even said he went to the Law School in Akure and was called to bar in Osogbo!
I want to doubt that my silly friend but who am I?

I just wish my leaders all the best. I want to encourage them to continue with the trend. I'm happy for them. They have done a lot to our pysche and perception of Nigerian politics. They are 'putting us on the right path' and we promise to toe and never desert it.

Do not blame me for congratulating them. Afterall, they are my leaders, my certificatelessleaders!
Re: Buhari Decries Academic Certificate Saga, Examination Fraud by gbegemaster(m): 8:16am On Mar 23, 2017
This will mark the turning point of 2019 elections. Northern leaders are fully aware of this especially Rufai who has sent us pictures of his overseas academic pursuits.

Only a properly educated individual will scale through to become Nigeria's president come 2019.
Re: Buhari Decries Academic Certificate Saga, Examination Fraud by mikegeo(m): 8:18am On Mar 23, 2017
gbegemaster:
This will mark the turning point of 2019 elections. Northern leaders are fully aware of this especially Rufai who has sent us pictures of his overseas academic pursuits.

Only a properly educated individual will scale through to become Nigeria's president come 2019.
Lets see what will happen then, whether its a game of certificate or power.

(1) (Reply)

‎legacy Projects: Fashola Gives Fayose Pass Mark / Dele Momodu Slams Police Over Ile-ife Crisis / Ife Crisis: OPC Demands Removal Of IGP Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.