Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term (26623 Views)

Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account / Romance Scam: Two Nigerian Men Arrested In Thailand For Swindling Women Seeking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by burkingx(f): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
cool
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by Kakamorufu(m): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
the house that Esther lady built ain't fat from my house in Ibadan. that house is an edifice Mehn. u will marvel. sadly they didn't get to catch others, cos they are many
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by odehaj: 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nne5:

Good one.

They wanted to flex millions but God catch them.grin

.Hehehe
You laughing is it not to impress you naija girls?.. You pushed them to it.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by madridguy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Noted.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by Nuelton(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Bankers are the worst criminals...am not surprised.

Check out my signature...
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by sirpharrell(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please, there is no nothing like GREEDINESS. It is GREED. This indomie generation sef, read, they will not read. All they know is how to like, share, tweet, upload, download and eventually offload rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by mickool(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
And the one that stole phones was sentenced to death... Inconsistent judgements!! What kind of precedences are those judges setting??

1 Like

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by emi14: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
Their middle names Na fraud. Yawa don burst. You will not see name checkers. Name callers like Igbo. Haters don de sleep.

1 Like

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by AceSkillz01: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Are they Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by emi14: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
sirpharrell:
Please, there is no nothing like GREEDINESS. It is GREED. This indomie generation sef, read, they will not read. All they know is how to like, share, tweet, upload, download and eventually offload rubbish.

Hahahahahahahaha. But you fail to comment. We are not in English class. People where sent to jail.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin.While Toogun, a former staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN bagged a three-year jail term on counts 15, 17 and 19 respectively to run concurrently with effect from January 1st, 2016 , Afolabi got three years on counts 16, 18 and 19 respectively to also run concurrently with effect from January 1st , 2016.
Its just 2years lol they are just using the long apostle do decieve Nigerians, this country is fuccked
Three years. One spent in detention already, my guess.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by joe4real12: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
TINALETC3:
Dats it,gud 4 dem, dat ws Hw I went 2 open a new account at GTB, d account officer after opening d account, diverted 51k out of d money I gave hm, 4 almost a month, d bank ws telling me stories, I had 2go dere wt 2 weed smokers, dey went dere and stopped d activities of d bank, d BM finally showed up and my money paid, thieves everywhere
Thumbs up for Weed smokerz!
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by maxiuc(m): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
Keneking:
Nigeria is fast changing...

Where is lalasticlala sef
changing to what abeg tell me

We still hav tinubu the man that looted Lagos dry
fashola the 100million website nd 360million borehole man

Amaechi the man that fought Ebola diease in Rivers state with 3billion despite Rivers recording one case of Ebola virus
infact they list is unending yet this men are walking freely
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
God bless PMB zero tolerance for corruption....

ngmgeek

GrandGarcon

BraniacX

temitemi

firefire

izonpikin etc...

If this were to be under GEJ nothing will happen..

Am Glad Nigerians never make that mistake of voting GEJ..
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by kaydp: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
helpsystem:
Justice served. How can one enjoys millions hardwork
What happened to saraki and the likes?

1 Like

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by VanBommel(m): 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin.While Toogun, a former staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN bagged a three-year jail term on counts 15, 17 and 19 respectively to run concurrently with effect from January 1st, 2016 , Afolabi got three years on counts 16, 18 and 19 respectively to also run concurrently with effect from January 1st , 2016.
Its just 2years lol they are just using the long apostle do decieve Nigerians, this country is fuccked
they've actually been in jail since. But come to think of it, they give lesser jail terms to looters of high amount of money which is so saddening, while death sentence and longer jail terms are given to phone thieves. It's well o
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by omograndma(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
won fe cha se
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by SalamRushdie: 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
O must say the EFCC under Magu is hitting some decent prosecutions , i hope we start seeing politicians bagging same too

1 Like

Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by erico2k2(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
ceometromedia:
The Economic and Financial Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, 22nd March, 2017 secured another conviction in the ongoing N8bn Currency Mutilation Scam before Justice Joyce Abdul Malik of the Federal High Court, Ibadan, Oyo State.

In her ruling, the judge convicted and sentenced the duo of Toogun Kayode Philip and Afolabi Esther Olunike, former staff of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Wema bank respectively to eighteen years imprisonment on three counts to run concurrently.

The convicts who were the 4th and 5th defendants amongst other former bankers standing trial in the ongoing CBN N8bn currency mutilation scam opted for a plea bargain hence, they were convicted accordingly. While Toogun, a former staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN bagged a three-year jail term on counts 15, 17 and 19 respectively to run concurrently with effect from January 1st, 2016 , Afolabi got three years on counts 16, 18 and 19 respectively to also run concurrently with effect from January 1st , 2016.
The court also ordered that Toogun forfeits to the Federal Government a 3 bedroom apartment situated at Oganla area, off Omi Adio Apata Ibadan, Oyo State, the entire sum in his Access bank and First bank accounts with all the accrued interest as at the date of the conviction.

Afolabi forfeits a 5 bedroom duplex situated at No.8 Fatoke Street, Molete area of Ibadan, a borehole machine/rig, a filing station- Oba Oil Gas Limited located at Liberty Academy area of Ibadan, Oyo State. She shall also forfeit the entire sum in her accounts with First bank, Zenith bank and Guaranty Trust bank respectively.
The convicts alongside other former bankers were arraigned on a 19-count charge bordering on conspiracy, conversion, forgery, and money laundering.

One of the count reads: That you Toogun Kayode Philip and Afolabi Esther Olunike between 2010 and 2012 in Ibadan, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did conspire with Kolawole Babalola, Kehinde Fadokun and Olakunle Sijuwade to convert the sum of N115,000,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifteen Million Naira) which sum was illegally derived from the Central Bank of Nigeria, to wit: by inducing the Central Bank of Nigeria to deliver the said sum to First City Monument Bank Plc as against the actual sum of N58, 331, 900 (Fifty Eight Million, Three Hundred and Thirty One Thousand, Nine Hundred Naira) and you thereby committed an offence contrary to section 17(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act. 2004 and punishable under section 14 (1) (a) of the same Act.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/n8bn-mutilated-currency-scam-two.html
And we think the only thieves are politician . Eheh E just start everyone dey vex
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by TINALETC3(f): 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
It doesn't mean it's Gud to smoke shaa bt I jst had 2 use dem, as I small reach na, dey looked down on me so I had to use dem grin
joe4real12:

Thumbs up for Weed smokerz!
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by Charly68: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
A thief will always be thief,upon all the salary they receive as bankers they still went ahead to defraud CBN
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by soath(m): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Franchise21:
Hmm

I'm not surprised... Na them them
It could be you or your relation
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by Kunlexity(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
The conviction isjust one out of many,but atleast,the wrath of the law has caught up with them.
EFCC should just beam their searchlight to some northern states,because of the high rate of mutilated currency in circulation.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by Qyubee(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
Oh boy! Jail term + forfeiture, no b beans. Efcc making corruption less attractive...
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by kennymotors(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
if not buhari that strike the judges?
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by kennymotors(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
if not buhari that strike the corrupt judges?
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by aluko360(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
hmm. they started from the top and finally ended in a pit.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by doskie(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Larryfest:
Hmmm... at the end of the day they forfeited everything they have plus jail time so what's the gain in it
i tell youuu... Sharp runs. And the thing with bvn you cannot even have any secret account anywhere. Except they have properties hidden.
Re: N8bn Mutilated Currency Scam: Two Bankers Bag 18-year Jail Term by BraniacX(m): 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:
God bless PMB zero tolerance for corruption....

ngmgeek

GrandGarcon

BraniacX

temitemi

firefire

izonpikin etc...

If this were to be under GEJ nothing will happen..

Am Glad Nigerians never make that mistake of voting GEJ..

BMC paid per post! How is this buhari's doing? This is EFCC's doing and your highly touted magu's career was saved by the selfsame G.E.J who reinstated him so maybe he should get credit! And a lot did happen under G.E.J mr BMC paid per post! That you refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't fit your narrative is your peculiar BMC problem!

And on things happening, here are some things that we would like to happen that are not happening......

1. We want the presidential grass cutter investigated.

2. We want the greatest real estate investor of dubai a.k.a burantashi investigated too

3. We want the bald pot bellied amaechi's mismanagement of rivers state resources report acted upon by the EFCC

4. And while they are it, we want the mega forex kickback scams of the past two years investigated too

Would you like me to continue the list? undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Year Old Nigerian Man Shot Dead In UK / Aunt Tortures Toddler To Coma For Defecating (pictured) / Warri: Man Stopped From Committing Suicide After Being Dumped By His Mistress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.