Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

The Silent Battles Of Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Battles Of Life (467 Views)

Dance With Me (silent Whispers) / The Silent Killer Ebook / Short Story;-The Silent Experence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Silent Battles Of Life by EMXTAN1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
I read Segun Adeniyi's's Article in This Day Newspaper and decided to share a part that got me thinking, Titled "The Silent Battles of Life"
A father passing by his teenage daughter’s bedroom was astonished to see that the bed was nicely made and everything was neat and tidy. Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the centre of the pillow. It was addressed “Dad“. With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:-

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I’m writing you, but I’m leaving home. I had to elope with my new boyfriend, Randy because I wanted to avoid a scene with you and mummy. I’ve been finding real passion with Randy and he is so nice to me. I know when you meet him you’ll like him too – even with all his piercing, tattoos, and motorcycle clothes. But it’s not only the passion Dad, I’m pregnant and Randy wants me to have the baby and that we can be very happy together. Even though Randy is much older than me (anyway, 42 isn’t so old these days is it?), and has no money, really these things shouldn’t stand in the way of our relationship, don’t you agree? It’s true he has other girlfriends as well but I know he’ll be faithful to me in his own way. He wants to have many more children with me and that’s now one of my dreams too. In the meantime, we’ll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so that Randy can get better; he sure deserves it! Don’t worry Dad, I’m 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I’m sure we’ll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.
At the bottom of the page were the letters “PTO”. Hands still trembling, her father turned the sheet, and read: PS: Dad, none of what you just read is true. I’m over at the neighbour’s house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my school report card that’s in your desk centre drawer. Please call when it is safe for me to come home. I love you!
The message: No matter the challenges you are facing today, it is not the end of the world.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/23/the-silent-battles-of-life/

(1) (Reply)

Guardian / Daphne's Diary Of Depression / Nigeria's Emmanuel Macron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.