Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships (6258 Views)

HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP / 2013/2014 MUSTE Scholarship (Undergraduate And Postgraduate Students) / The British Chevening Scholarship For Postgraduate Nigerian 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships by whaithee(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2009
Minister of Education Dr Sam Egwu said in Abuja that 1,087 scholarships would be awarded by the Federal Government to deserving
undergraduate and postgraduate students in universities, polytechnics
and colleges of education across the country-Nigeria.

Dr Egwu stated this when he flagged-off the 2009 Selection Interviews for
Federal Government Scholarship Awards to students in Tertiary
Institutions involved for the scheme as from 2009
/2010 academic session.

According to him, the scholarship scheme will offer more students access to higher education, improve their welfare on campus and reduce their involvement in anti-social activities.

Federal Government is said to implement the scheme as
an annual exercise to encourage deserving students, in resurrection of the scheme which was dead between 2003 and 2008 "due to non-budgetary provision" quoting the minister. The resuscitation process is set to commence with 1087 scholarship students for 2009/2010 academic session.
Well I just hope the Federal Government have finally made up it's mind on this. I mean, 1087 Nigerian students on FG scholarship annually is well deserved. I don't currently have the information on the scheme for now but You can let us know what's new about the scheme on comment below. Or stay tuned to http://www.afterschoolafrica.com for further scholarships info and updates.
Re: Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships by stynna: 7:04am On Jan 21, 2010
who has an idea when the payment will be made
Re: Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships by whaithee(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2010
I'm still wondering where this scholarship went to after all the noise. I hope it was not just another political propaganda
Re: Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships by Everr(m): 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
Please, does anyone know when to expect the result of 2010/2011 federal government scholarship aptitude test?

(1) (Reply)

University Of Jos Pume / 2018/2019 Futminna Postgraduate (master's Degree Program ) Discussion Thread. / Uniben Increases Its School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.