Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher (19989 Views)

Summary Of The Last Days At Forcados High School / Summary – The Last Days At FORCADOS High School – 2017/18 Jambites / Download The Last Days At Forcados High School PDF - JAMB 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Thatyorubadude(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
Perfecter4real:
I read the book and I must confess it the novel is so unoriginal. it doesn't depict the present day Nigerian society. I almost thought I was reading a book by a Nigerian author set in American

Sir I think you've made some good money from jamb already plus jamb have given you the needed opportunity and popularity you can ever ask for as a writer. come to nairaland Literature section and see raw talents with stories so much better than yours praying to be noticed. Even Chester School life is far more Better than the book in question.

What's Yours self
then Write yours and lets say ur Block Head

2 Likes

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Perfecter4real(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
I read the book and I must confess it the novel is so unoriginal. it doesn't depict the present day Nigerian society. I almost thought I was reading a book by a Nigerian author set in America

Sir I think you've made some good money from jamb already plus jamb has given you the needed opportunity and popularity you can ever ask for as a writer. come to nairaland Literature section and see raw talents with stories so much better than yours praying to be noticed. Even Chister ' School life' is far more Better than the novel 'last days at focardos high.'
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by chuks34(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
Dottore:
Somebody should summarize pls
the author of last days at faorcado high school said bla bla bla and jamb said la la la.
smh for the dude sha

1 Like

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by epospiky(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Can't believe I read this piece to the end. Mehn this guy too like money. I think the deal is fair for him to go with given that the contract terminated last year. Whatever he gets this year is a succour. But I guess the misunderstanding is that fact that he thought it was till 2017 instead of 2016. O just hope they settle it amicably. It's a nice book by the way.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by hardeycute(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
all these guys above me are not tackling the subject matter. we need a legal expert to explain further.
and why is it that when someone is shortchanged you all want him/her not to pursue justice that's why we are in this situation presently in this sphere we should learn to fight for our right even if its ONE CENT

1 Like

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by lopjohnny(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The writer has no sense of business.
Haba na. Your publisher brings you an offer that would sell 1.5 million copies yearly and asks that you accept negotiations for a bulk discount and you just blatantly refuse? You aren't the one doing the printing, you have no overheads, you just wrote a book 10 years ago and just for nothing you refuse a build discount offering?

The writer is an illiterate.

1.5 million copies yearly. Even if the royalties is just 30 Naira, that's like getting paid N45 million yearly for a job you did 10 years ago. That one na oil well na!
When he was writing the book did he even dream of selling 10,000 copies??
Some people sef.

o boy see cool cash!!!...... leave him let him go ahead and sue jamb,,, and afterwards he would know what it takes to bite the finger that feeds one!!! greedy dude!

1 Like

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by silos(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
The fact that three senior advocate has dropped the case shows that the author has no case at all.

jamb only signed contract with the publisher, therefore the author is not a party to the contract why did he wants the publisher to violate the terms of the contract

He is one of the luckiest author in Nigeria, in recent time, he has forgotten that if not for strategy employ by the publisher convincing jamb to sell the book along with the form, piracy would have hijack the whole thing.

Cassava Republic press have integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by hardeycute(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
Perfecter4real:
I read the book and I must confess it the novel is so unoriginal. it doesn't depict the present day Nigerian society I almost thought I was reading a book by a Nigerian author set in America

Sir I think you've made some good money from jamb already plus jamb has given you the needed opportunity and popularity you can ever ask for as a writer. come to nairaland Literature section and see raw talents with stories so much better than yours praying to be noticed. Even Chister ' School life' is far more Better than the novel 'last days at focardos high.'
can you read your post again please. all literary work should emphasize on Nigeria's problem did you read everything at all, it was written in 2010 and as an undergraduate, do you have any work to show off
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by madgoat(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
SirWere:
Mtcheeww.....

Forcados was the most boring, unoriginal piece of shyte book to be ever recognized by Jamb undecided

It's like the author took an American high school love story nonsense and changed the names to Nigerian ones only to be published as "Made in Nigeria".

Potter's wheel, The sucessor; those were the books.

Not a half-assed unseasoned book about "High school" love.

Anyone who reads the potter's wheel and reads last day at Forcados will definitely agree that that book is a step-down undecided

Silence:.....

Silence........

Silence..........

Ma ma ma grin grin grin

Only Amadioha can save u from your mumu sense
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
The book was cool but doesn't depict past or present Nigeria. The setting was foreign indeed. However, the characters were real. They stayed in character throughout the whole session. But it's not a book I'll recommend for readers. It's for lazy asses! tongue
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by stoic6ix: 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
smh!.. I don't have time to dey comment for things like this.
It's money issue.. They should sort it out by themselves.
I rest my case...
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Danielnino00(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
SirWere:
Mtcheeww.....

Forcados was the most boring, unoriginal piece of shyte book to be ever recognized by Jamb undecided

It's like the author took an American high school love story nonsense and changed the names to Nigerian ones only to be published as "Made in Nigeria".

Anyone who reads the potter's wheel and reads last day at Forcados will definitely agree that that book is a step-down undecided

Silence........

Silence..........

Ma ma ma grin grin grin

"Obu,cant you answer when madam is calling you"? grin
" Shut up,didn't you hear your own name"? grin

honestly, the Potter's wheel is one of the best Nigerian novel I ever read. I can't say much for the successor, it wasn't that interesting.

1 Like

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Elle277(f): 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
Abeg make una settle for the sake of marks this book fetch me oh,,so simple to understand,I was like "Jamb are yo guys OK?"
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Shalomdee(f): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
I am surprised that a lot of people say the book is unoriginal and boring. I fell in love with the book right after reading it and as I always do, fell in love with the author, Ayobami Hanif Mohammed. Yet I think the author should just accept the new terms because he is lucky enough that his book was accepted by JAMB. If I bagged such an offer from JAMB on my first book, boy, would I be so satisfied with anything they give me. Please A.H Mohammed, just be contented ehn? By the way, I am also a creative and freelance writer. My role model is Chimamanda.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
chuks34:
the author of last days at faorcado high school said bla bla bla and jamb said la la la.
smh for the dude sha
grin Best summary I have ever seen.. Y ah no see this summary before I write waec self sad
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Jandamo07: 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
D wey I dey see am ba! Na dis kind ungrateful and stingy person dey make d good Nigerians not they help the talented ones out there o!...... person dey suffer to make u rich n famous n ur busy fighting d person. kai kai dat Kind person na course for our society walayi!.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Sentinell:
Haba! I believe the main reason his book was selected in the first place was because he is a doctor. Jamb made a brazen attempt at promoting the fallacy that one can make it both in the science and art world and it's come back to bite them in the asss
it's not a fallacy at all. you can make it in any number of fields you so desire once you are willing to put in the effort.

besides this guy already made it.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by ajayi2016(m): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Alwaysking:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Bros, maybe you don't read the book well....
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by zachanalysis: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
I still find it hard to see what's so special about this book to warrant its being recommended as one of JAMB's use of English text. The story lacks depth and not better than some of the text my niece read for her junior waec (BECE) .
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Eldee54321(m): 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
Bros u don sue JAMB to court...I swear u no go win...Jamb wey no respect d SENATE...go respect u...abeg
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Mayflowa(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
SirWere:
Mtcheeww.....

Silence........

Silence..........

Ma ma ma grin grin grin

You may be right with your observation. But the argument is about copyright infringement. The young Author has been dealt with severely by the publisher's greed.

Jamb needs to be taught a lesson on copyright violation. How could they use someone's intellectual work for commerce without retort to the owner. Buying a musica album doesn't mean you can use it to entertain your guess in a club for business purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Mayflowa(m): 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
Shalomdee:
I am surprised that a lot of people say the book is unoriginal and boring. I fell in love with the book right after reading it and as I always do, fell in love with the author, Ayobami Hanif Mohammed. Yet I think the author should just accept the new terms because he is lucky enough that his book was accepted by JAMB. If I bagged such an offer from JAMB on my first book, boy, would I be so satisfied with anything they give me. Please A.H Mohammed, just be contented ehn? By the way, I am also a creative and freelance writer. My role model is Chimamanda.

The relationship has been soiled already. And it was the greedy publisher who began to think the boy was greedy schemed him out. The publisher lost nothing as one of its book is still being used by jamb. The publisher obviously sold that idea to jamb.

Jamb greediness means the boy would get no loyalty from 2017 sales as jamb claim they have extra books of Hanif that they need to dispose of and so unlawfully added it to jamb Direct entry forms. who does that?
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Dnockeror333(m): 7:20am On Mar 26, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Haba na. Your publisher brings you an offer that would sell 1.5 million copies yearly and asks that you accept negotiations for a bulk discount and you just blatantly refuse? You aren't the one doing the printing, you have no overheads, you just wrote a book 10 years ago and just for nothing you refuse a build discount offering?

1.5 million copies yearly. Even if the royalties is just 30 Naira, that's like getting paid N45 million yearly for a job you did 10 years ago.
... ... ... ... ... ...
Some people sef.
He is not even thankful for 1.5million for all is work! Instead its Copywrite wahala! It is over-Education that has blocked the minds of earthling to law it over each other.
There are many authors of many books whose works have not left the 1st stage since after writing.
If you read one of my manuscript- The Twins of Iloya, you'll roll on the floor for it being out of the present.
Yet it was locked up for lack of a way.

1 Like

Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Dnockeror333(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2017
HenryDion:
The book was cool but doesn't depict past or present Nigeria. The setting was foreign indeed. However, the characters were real. They stayed in character throughout the whole session. But it's not a book I'll recommend for readers. It's for lazy asses! tongue
You said it true!
How can the Forcadoes be Anerican lifers?
This is Nigeria. Am sure the writer does not naturate his soul with the locality of tge Nigerian enclave before putting in his hands to write tht manuscript.
And still anyway, its fate that fought some men's fate to fatality.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Davidlein(m): 7:31am On Mar 26, 2017
And that is how they'll think they can overrule our sense of reasoning. Writers are god. They must be sued.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Davidlein(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The writer has no sense of business.

1.5 million copies yearly. Even if the royalties is just 30 Naira, that's like getting paid N45 million yearly for a job you did 10 years ago. That one na oil well na!
When he was writing the book did he even dream of selling 10,000 copies??
Some people sef.
When you don't understand what it takes to be a writer or an author.
Just look at the criticism.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Davidlein(m): 7:37am On Mar 26, 2017
Dnockeror333:

He is not even thankful for 1.5million for all is work! Instead its Copywrite wahala! It is over-Education that has blocked the minds of earthling to law it over each other.
There are many authors of many books whose works have not left the 1st stage since after writing.
If you read one of my manuscript- The Twins of Iloya, you'll roll on the floor for it being out of the present.
Yet it was locked up for lack of a way.
Are you sure you write? If you do then you'll know the pains in writing and getting yourself to get published.
You're a disgrace to writershood.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Davidlein(m): 7:39am On Mar 26, 2017
Thatyorubadude:

What's Yours self
then Write yours and lets say ur Block Head
Just leave the block head, when they don't understand what it takes to be a writer or an author.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by sagir1994(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2017
SirWere:
Mtcheeww.....

Silence........

Silence..........

Ma ma ma grin grin grin
even though you consider it as a step down, then at least let the publisher not use his hard work to earn for herself alone
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by chuks34(m): 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
izublingz:
grin Best summary I have ever seen.. Y ah no see this summary before I write waec self sad
hahah grin
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Dnockeror333(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Davidlein:

Are you sure you write? If you do then you'll know the pains in writing and getting yourself to get published.
You're a disgrace to writershood.
Ok. Anyway, am not going to abuse you.
I did my work, I finish my part, waiting until my Father so lead me to the place where I cannot go.
I did not go to any school as many writers have. My gift was naturally embued. Deaf from childhood without any help but the Heavenly, the things which I wrote about (now four fiction of about 400 page long, were too right to be true. Including are above 200 spiritualistic articles, and beyond 300 poetries) are written... when I stopped writing on hardcopy was when I got my first ever internet browseble phone, since then, I continued giving out my mind through Facebook, Twitter, Black Plannets and other friends comments, replies and posts.
Brother David, turn around again and stop abusing people, it will do you no good.
Thankyou.
You may still contact me if you wish to.
Re: Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher by Dnockeror333(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Davidlein:

When you don't understand what it takes to be a writer or an author.
Just look at the criticism.

All in all, world education connect men to world receivium.[Forgive my English and new verbose!]
Spiritual education of mind and tongue for war and work is non receptive to men of worldlywise base.
Am sorry, headbowed, this is true. May the Lord of Earth protect us and lift us up higher than theworldwise ones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Two For Operating Examination Malpractice Websites / RSUST Cut Off Point For 2016/2017 Academic Section / Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.