Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials (17734 Views)

Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 25, 2017
They'll maga you well if you don't argue your right
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 25, 2017
Thank God for my life the other day, i was busy standing in back of one thug watching chelsea vs man u match, in just a second the guy in front of me just land me blow for my jaw like the one of supersport advert, i first freeze for 5 second, i come they hear watin the guy do....the guy said him comot my wallet i see am for him hand..... me after getting my self i carry phone call my guys before them come the guy run, without even touching the guy pocket, if not for GOD and my mothers prayer na so them they beat/kill person for warrin hm no do
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
Japanese couple having an argument:

Husband “Sukitaki!”

Wife replies “Kowanini!”

Husband “Toka a anji rodi roumi yakoo!”

Wife, on her knees literally begging “Mimi nakoundinda tinkouji!”

Husband replies angrily “kina tim kouji!”

And look at you, sitting there reading this as if you understand Japanese.

Look at you! You think everyone is like you that does not understand Japanese. I can even translate it for you for free. Na small thing self.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Kondomatic(m): 7:41am On Mar 25, 2017
CeenoEvu:

Look at you! You think everyone is like you that does not understand Japanese. I can even translate it for you for free. Na small thing self.
Japanese prince; Dgringringringringrin
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by jericco1(m): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2017
If you know what you are doing, then you should. Unless you are refering to Nigeria traffic officials.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Justuceleague2: 7:44am On Mar 25, 2017
veekid:

road officials wey wan extort money from you by all means; especially the ones in black.

True talk, I got my license and FRSC manual

I read that manual page to page and I know I don't violate traffic laws but when they stop me I know it's for money so don't expect me to smile
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by DexteryJoe(m): 7:48am On Mar 25, 2017
d only quality u need to have to always go through road officials unscathed is Benevolence!!!!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by stoic6ix: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2017
Kondomatic:

Husband “Sukitaki!”

Wife replies “Kowanini!”

Dryness
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 25, 2017
The fifth reason is the most cogent of them all
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Engritodo: 8:02am On Mar 25, 2017
ok
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2017
Op all I can tell you in Naija, "Level pass Level" Take it or leave it.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by UltraLeslie1: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2017
Nice but stupid thread all the same.

You should open a thread on decongesting our roads from these bloodsucking thieves.

Nigeria loses millions if not billions daily from roadblocks setup by police, army and the FRSC.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by sorepco(m): 8:58am On Mar 25, 2017
I do n u did not make any sense pertaining to this discussion.

Sukitaki--Favorite waterfall

Mimi nakoundinda tinkouji!” --makes no sense at all

Kondomatic:

Husband “Sukitaki!”

Wife replies “Kowanini!”

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Kondomatic(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2017
sorepco:
I do n u did not make any sense pertaining to this discussion.

Sukitaki--Favorite waterfall

Mimi nakoundinda tinkouji!” --makes no sense at all

It is just a joke for those who don't know Japanese, I don't know it either.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by JackBizzle: 9:05am On Mar 25, 2017
akanbiaa:
Home training ,obedience and compliance to constituted laws, Humility and respect will do the magic.

Easier said than done
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by hardbody: 9:44am On Mar 25, 2017
toluine56:
You now used FRSC pics instead of police.
FRSC guys are still lenient na, those police guys are ruthless. They must extort you by fire by force, but good points you noted up there.

I prefer police to FRSC

If it comes to Roger, which I don't give anyways, the police is more amenable.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by BBBlaze: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2017
tongue

in other news;

ThE PUwlice iS YOur FRieNd!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by toluine56(m): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2017
ednut1:
police dey collect 5h or 1k. Frsc wont collect dat. Na frsc snd vio wicked psss
hardbody:

I prefer police to FRSC

If it comes to Roger, which I don't give anyways, the police is more amenable.
I'm surprised at these.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by talktonase(m): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2017
xstry:
6 reasons why you should never argue with Men of the Nigerian Police Force.
There jurisdiction is only on federal roads the law is not binding on state roads. We go drag the matter..
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2017
talktonase:
There jurisdiction is only on federal roads the law is not binding on state roads. We go drag the matter..
olokpa will show you he's right even in your own house
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by hardbody: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2017
toluine56:

I'm surprised at these.

What is the surprise about? When I was naive, the FRSC had impounded my vehicle twice, i had to make the union bank payments and bla bla bla before recovering my car, on one occasion my car slept there. With the police i could ordinarily intimidate them but where that is not working, as low as N500 will buy you out of almost any infraction.

When I was driving a charcoal tinted non factory fitted glasses on my SUV , the police gave me a hot chase unknown to me. When they drew level , i pulled over, went down and walked straight to their boss in the operational vehicle. It was an infraction then and i gave their boss N500 and got back into my vehicle. Were it to be FRSC, trust me no money would have brought my car out without going to the bank to pay.

When FRSC pulls me over, we just agree on the infraction and i go and pay. No further discussions.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2017
This Op is just a clown.

In the first place most of those policemen on the road have no idea what the law says. The gun they carry is their only law.
Secondly, be civil all you want when they want kudi from you, they will cook anything up to make you look like a criminal. I have seen police officers (not one, not two) who have accosted me and angrily demanded that I wind down my sienna's back windows. I was like, "This is Sienna dude, you don't wind the back windows down". They proceeded to check every single document, every single thing...I had everything intact. They were too ashamed and disappointed to let me go without getting shishi from me.

My personal law is, I give money to police officers who are friendly, but the moment you stop me and behave nasty like the owner of me, no shishi for you. If I have run foul of the law I am ready to follow you to your police station to see it to the end. If there's an offence committed by me, the monetary penalty belongs to the state, not your pocket.

Lastly, it is a bad advice to encourage people to cower in the face of abuse of the law by the police. My advice is, make sure your documents are in order and your car is in great shape. Then stand up to those uneducated bullies who will stop at nothing to extort on the roads. That, is the way to put this to a conclusive end.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by haryomikun(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
autojosh:
There is this paranoia that engulfs some of us when stopped at checkpoints. Some are able to manage the anger while others explode at the slightest spark.

These unexpected stops are definitely frustrating.. However, it is better to be courteous and ensure the situation does not get out of control except you feel your life is in danger.

Always remember these 6 points before you get into an argument with road officials:

They Have The Whole Time To Waste:

Remember that your time is money.. some of us even make the mistake of yelling at them that we are in a haste. Trust me, you will grow bear! bear!! (beards) at that checkpoint. Diplomacy and respect usually resolve issues faster.

It Can Damage Your Public Profile:

With this era of smartphone and twitter journalists, you will just see a photo or video of yourself fighting at Oshodi trending online..

It Might Hunt You In Future:

Don't be surprised that someone is making documentaries of all your street combos today.. You will only find out when you are this close to becoming a Senator.

They Have The Law To Back Them Up:

There are several laws in the books which remain unknown to us. These laws will be used against you when push comes to shove.. and the sad part is you cannot claim ignorance because "ignorance of the law is not an excuse"

They Will Twist The Fact To Favour Themselves:

If you are a young guy that drives a nice car, they may say you are an internet fraudster. If they shoot someone accidentally, they will say he/she was an armed robber.

Do It For God:

Don't forget, "A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel".

Add yours and let's know if you usually give them hot or cold..

https://autojosh.com/road-officials/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

.very dope article bro!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Denc: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
Speaking from years of driving within and between several cities/towns spanning from Lagos to Calabar, I have to agree with autojosh.
Knowing and understanding the relevant laws for driving in Nigeria is highly recommended. However, you can save yourself TIME and STRESS if you learn how to deal with various classes of enforcement agents on our roads (Customs, Police, Soldiers, FRSC, state/LG officials i.e. LASTMA in Lagos, VIO etc...).
Claim your right but also apply "common sense" considering your immediate safety as well as that of passengers, your vehicle and it's contents (as applicable).
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by dabrightt: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kondomatic:

Husband “Sukitaki!”

Wife replies “Kowanini!”

bros ibeg wat is the name of the weed u took
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by omniplus: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
olaxx:
The major reason
Some officials are in possession of guns.
(The men in black)
They might gun you down for nothing.
and they will escape without anyone defending you or reporting them. so beware

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do All English Speaking Africa Countries Understand Pidgin English? / 5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / Driving From Ibadan To Abuja. How Long Does It Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.