Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,159 members, 7,860,145 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Ile- Ife Violence: Open Letter To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile- Ife Violence: Open Letter To Nigerians (396 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" / PHOTO: Omisore Meets Saraki In Ile Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ile- Ife Violence: Open Letter To Nigerians by Raziii(m): 9:31am On Mar 25, 2017
Hello guys, I feel compelled to write this short piece after the recent killings in Ile-Ife and the reactions trailing it.

The truth is I feel ashamed as an Igbo seeing how some Igbos are making fun of it all. Just the same way I feel ashamed as a Nigerian seeing how some Yorubas made fun of the killing of Igbos by herdsmen in Enugu.

How can we continue to live like this, cheering the death of another. Even citizens of other countries feel sorry for us more than we feel sorry for ourselves.

We don't care if Boko Haram wipe out the North East as long as its not my tribe. But before you are an Igbo, Yoruba or an Hausa, you are first human. And so if you catch yourself celebrating or making fun of the death of another human respective of his tribe, you need to watch it because the dirty politics being played in Nigeria has polluted your mind and you are losing that thing that makes you a human being. Think about it guys.
Re: Ile- Ife Violence: Open Letter To Nigerians by OfficialAwol(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2017
I have berated the sentimental and ethnocentric fool called IGP after he tried to explain out their stupidity of arresting only the Yorubas and leaving out the Hausas just to please his pay masters.

I'm not Yoruba but I know what is wrong
Re: Ile- Ife Violence: Open Letter To Nigerians by Raziii(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2017
OfficialAwol:
I have berated the sentimental and ethnocentric fool called IGP after he tried to explain out their stupidity of arresting only the Yorubas and leaving out the Hausas just to please his pay masters.

I'm not Yoruba but I know what is wrong
God bless you bro. That is how it should be. Standing out for what is right. And condemning what's wrong. Even though I've been hurt before and no one stood up for me doesn't mean I should rejoice when someone else faces the same situation.

(1) (Reply)

P D P Are Insensitive To The Pains Of Nigerians- A P C / Politics / Amaechi's Ministry Presented Documents To Us Which Did Not Contain Facts - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.