Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (75110 Views)

Choices: Another Perspective / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Choices And Chances - Episode 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
YINKS89:
u dis gurl u sha wan make ma boss fire mi for work.....dnt kip mi glue to nl.

Plz o, tell him it's not your fault
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
He looked at me for a while before the hand cupping my face dropped, and so did his face. He knew what was happening, he has been witnessing it for a while now and every time it's the same. The same pattern, the same end results. He's going to die

He looked up once more and the look on his face changed dramatically. He was smiling now and his gaze was fixed. My brows furrowed as I followed his gaze and was on my belly

“Daniel?”

“Just wondering if baby in there” he pointed to my stomach “will also be a cry baby like his mom” he finished smirking

“It's seriously happening and you're worried if the baby will be a cryer?” I asked incredulously and he looked up to look me in the eyes before bursting into a laugh. I looked at the man before me and began to wonder if the sickness was now affecting his brain. Maybe that's why he hasn't had an episode for a while now. He stopped to take in my stunned look before bursting into another fit of laughter. But then it hit me, he was dealing with it, laughing about whether the baby will be a crybaby was his way of dealing with it at the moment since its the only escape for now, and it didn't take long for me to join the laughter and soon we were laughing like we were high

“Well, excuse me for being a cry baby, need I remind you a certain someone was responsible for my tears” I teased and immediately he sobbered up but the smile was still on his lips

“I'm sorry” he murmured pressing his lips on mine before pulling away to cup my face.

“I love you” I smiled and suddenly looked down to my belly rubbing circles round it
“I hope the baby doesn't hold a grudge though. After all you put mummy through, what if he grows up to hate you?” I posed like it was a serious question

“You're just three months gone Regina, pretty sure the baby wasn't formed yet then, and so baby can't hate me, he bent his head to place a kiss on my belly before looking back at me, a glint in his eyes, and my heart soured for the love he has already for his unborn child, but then there was that pain that there's a pretty big chance he won't live long enough to watch him grow

“Not true” I snickered in hopes of bursting his bubbles “Babies know. They can feel what their carrier feels, It's sort of like a connection” I smiled as if confirming my theory while he shook his head biting down on his lower lip to stop himself from laughing out loud, a move that always makes my insides flutter

“Then I should start making him think I'm a good daddy then” he flicked my stomach lightly and I nodded feigning seriousness which just made him laugh

“Want to go back to bed?” he asked, as my head rested on his shoulders. He had made me laugh out loud with jokes and stories to get my mind of it and later we resorted to resting our backs on the bathroom wall

“hmmmmmm” I murmured trying to fight the sleep, but losing. He got the idea and helped me up and put me to bed, tucked me under the cover and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead before lying down right next, his hand draped around my torso

“Good night again” I murmured and I could hear the deep throaty chuckle as it brought a smile on my face before he replied

“Goodnight”

“So I was thinking, about our vacation” I said, and he turned to place a kiss on my cheek in appreciation as I finished straightening up his tie. He decided to start work three months ago when it seemed the heart was giving him a break, and till now, it was still same. Although the doctor warned against him over working it, as could trigger it. But he was glad to leave the house every morning and come home every evening. I could tell because the smile on his face, before he leaves and when he gets back was evidence enough

He looked at me through narrowed eyes, his eyes falling to my protruding belly and back to my face and waited for me to get the idea

“Its not fair” I whined “You don't let me do anything because I'm pregnant. You even made me quit my job. The corner of his lips quirked up as he bit his lower lip

“You already took care of that yourself honey, I just sealed the deal” he shrugged and carried his briefcase to exit the room

“And how exactly did I do that? I folded my hands across my chest, a rocky mistake if I may say so myself, because it just made my now over sized bréasts to spill out of the skimpy nightwear I was wearing. His eyes went straight to my cleavage as his smirk turned up

“Skipping work for two months and thinking your boss will magically take you back when you stand in front of him to tell him you had issues is damn funny” he said, and I huffed out a breath in feigned anger as he made to leave, kissing me on the cheeks once more
“By the way, if you were trying to make a case with that” he pointed at my cleavage “It almost worked” he winked before getting out the door. I shook my head smiling to myself as I entered the bathroom

“Relax honey, I was just craving, you know, ice cream and chocolate and more ice cream”

“But honey, do you have to go yourself? You could've sent John” his worried tone carried through the phone

“I'm fine Daniel, plus it's just a nearby supermarket, and my legs are beginning to swell from staying home all day. I need the walk”. I could tell he was deliberating it

“I could've still gotten it for you....

“Honey?” I cut him off

“Hmmmmmm” he replied

“You're driving and also on the phone?”

“Don't worry, it's hands free, and don't try to change the topic

“You're right, I'm sorry, and I'm even done. I'm leaving the supermarket right now” I heard him grunt on the other line obviously still not okay with me walking around with my pregnancy. According to him, anything could happen

“I've still got three months honey, I'm pretty sure nothing will happen” I tried to lighten his mood as I walked on

“You're going home now right?” he asked and I rolled me eyes from his overprotectiveness. If anything, I should be the one being overly protective

“Yes dad” I scoffed but stopped when I heard people yelling from behind me to move. My brows creased as I turned to look at them waving at me and my head turned immediately to see a car coming at full speed right at me. A gasp escaped my lips as I heard Daniel's faint voice from over the phone before it dropped from my hands and unto the ground as the car came in contact with me. There were screams around me as people rushed to the scene calling for help before it all turned faint.
“Daniel” I muffled before my eyes closed and it turned dark

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by YINKS89(m): 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Plz o, tell him it's not your fault
u no wan make i collect salary... ehn ehn ... i hre u.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
chara019:
Lily,well done ,you really know how to keep one in suspense, its killing,I want mooooooore

Lol. Already done
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Lily you are doing a great job, this story is really wonderful. I feel for those young couples though.

But this suspense is too much o, biko come and continue, I cannot come and have heart attack at this my young age.

Plz, we can't have that happen o, so I updated
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by YINKS89(m): 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
wtf dnt tell mi shes gona loose the bby .... plzzzzzzzz.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
YINKS89:
wtf dnt tell mi shes gona loose the bby .... plzzzzzzzz.

I can't fit say o. Just keep calm and be in suspense
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Eniqurl(f): 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
So she will loose the baby ehn.. Not possible oo
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by VeeAbuede(f): 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
#CarryPlacardAndChanting
we no go gree o,
we no go gree
Regina must not die,
we no go gree....

Sisi LilyJoe...abeg no matter whatchu write, Regina must not die and mustn't lose d baby oooo...else, Buhari shall hear of dis...:-)

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Plz, we can't have that happen o, so I updated

Uh? I brought popcorn with me, hoping it will end well bt unfortunately it didn't and the popcorn in my mouth turned sour. It's not fair o.

''pleading earnestly''

God please, please let her not loose the baby.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by chara019: 12:35am On Jun 16, 2017
Oh God,why this turn of event na,liiiiiiiiiiiily!!!!!!kai
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by YINKS89(m): 4:49am On Jun 16, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

I can't fit say o. Just keep calm and be in suspense
na wa . ....... na real wa.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by splendidiva(f): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2017
pls don't let her die CU's Daniel won't survive d trauma

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:29am On Jun 16, 2017
Eniqurl:
So she will loose the baby ehn.. Not possible oo

Lol
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:35am On Jun 16, 2017
VeeAbuede:
#CarryPlacardAndChanting
we no go gree o,
we no go gree
Regina must not die,
we no go gree....

Sisi LilyJoe...abeg no matter whatchu write, Regina must not die and mustn't lose d baby oooo...else, Buhari shall hear of dis...:-)

*carries my own playcard and joins the chant, then whispers to @VeeAbuede, Buhari mustn't hear this o, he needs to take care of his health. We can't start disturbing him for a small matter like this. Let's just continue with the protest

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:35am On Jun 16, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Uh? I brought popcorn with me, hoping it will end well bt unfortunately it didn't and the popcorn in my mouth turned sour. It's not fair o.

''pleading earnestly''

God please, please let her not loose the baby.

Please o
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2017
chara019:
Oh God,why this turn of event na,liiiiiiiiiiiily!!!!!!kai

I didn't do anything o
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Kimkardashain(f): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2017
i have bin crying since i started this wonderful piece, pls Lilyjoe567 dnt let her die or loose her baby.pls God heal daniel.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by EvaJael(f): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Thanks Lily for the dedication. Na wa for this woman o. She no go gree make the husband heart rest
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Curry30: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Silently following all this time. Interesting story so far. The love is getting too much. We need more twists and suspense. Anyway...great piece LilyJoe567. Thumbs up!!!
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
Kimkardashain:
i have bin crying since i started this wonderful piece, pls Lilyjoe567 dnt let her die or loose her baby.pls God heal daniel.

Thank you. But about them both or three as it is, can't really say what their fate will be
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
EvaJael:
Thanks Lily for the dedication. Na wa for this woman o. She no go gree make the husband heart rest

Lol. Tell her o
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
Curry30:
Silently following all this time.
Interesting story so far. The love is getting too much.
We need more twists and suspense.
Anyway...great piece LilyJoe567. Thumbs up!!!

Thanks, and I'm a sucker for love, so plz do excuse it for my sake
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sorry I didn't update yesterday guys, will update soon
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Toyin223(f): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lilyjoe567:
Sorry I didn't update yesterday guys, will update soon
ok
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by damis28crown(f): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
LILYjoe we r stil expectin d update o tym neva reach
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Why the suspense nah
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Toyin223(f): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lilyjoe Where Ar U
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
I could hear the faint voices as I was being wheeled in

“Doctor” a female voice yelled which I guess is a nurse's, and immediately there was another presence beside

“My baby” I muttered as my eyes fluttered open and close tiredly, holding unto my stomach like the fragile thing it was

“We're losing her” the same female voice from before rang and it all went faint

My eyes fluttered open and soon enough a nurse was beside me, followed by a doctor. He pointed a little flashlight into my eye and did same to the other eye before nodding and putting it away.

“Hi Regina, I'm Dr Charles. You got into an accident and went into shock but you'll be fine” he smiled to ease my tensed state I presumed

“My baby, what about my baby?” I asked almost immediately. I can't lose my baby, I'd rather not be alright

“You need to calm down Regina, everything will be alright” he said but nothing about my baby.

“My baby, doctor. Please save my baby” were the last words I said before passing out once more.

“Hi, you're awake” Jane smiled down at me as soon as I opened my tired eyes. I tried sitting up but she immediately pressed me back gently to lay me down.
“You need to rest. You've been going in and out for a while now. How are you feeling?”

“My head hurts” I grunted as a bolt of pain jolted through my head, and I winced

“Should I call the doctor?” she made to get up, but I stopped her
“I'm fine now” I murmured before my hand instinctly went to my belly.

“How's my baby? Is my baby alright?”
She fidgeted on the side of the bed she was seated before turning back to look at me

“Regina...” she trailed and I could feel the panic seep into me

“No” I shook my head and looked straight into her eyes as if dreading the answer. I've gone through too much for this to be real. I at least need a good news.
“Please no” I muttered bitterly as my voice broke. This can't be happening

“Regina, please calm down” she tried holding me down but I was already pushing her away from me as I struggled with her with the little strength I had.

“My baby......” I sobbed wearily
“Daniel, I need Daniel....

Sorry guys, I'm too sick to type more. Please and please, do bear with me

2 Likes

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
damis28crown:
LILYjoe we r stil expectin d update o tym neva reach

I'm sorry. I've updated
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
Kelvinprinzyy:
Why the suspense nah

So sorry. I've updated
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Toyin223:
Lilyjoe Where Ar U

I'm so sorry. I've updated

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.