Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! (43260 Views)

Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan / Driving License For Sale Online | Buy Driving License Online | Driving Licence F / How To Obtain Or Renew Driver's License Online In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Onnasucs1(m): 7:05am On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Driving school and then issued a certificate of proficiency and also take a Driving test in Nigeria before they issue you a driver's license ??

Tell me this is a joke

How many of you went to a driving school and also did driving test before you got your driving license in Nigeria

Don't lie
you have a point but they are right.
If that is not a requirement, they will end up giving license to those who can't even kick a car.

It's called drivers license and it is issued to those who can drive. The only way you can prove that you can drive is to show what certifies you as a driver

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by lifestyle1(m): 7:06am On Mar 26, 2017
God will intervene in our matter someday.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by MrEgbegbe(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2017
Onnasucs1:
you have a point but they are right.
If that is not a requirement, they will end up giving license to those who can't even kick a car.

It's called drivers license and it is issued to those who can drive. The only way you can prove that you can drive is to show what certifies you as a driver

Who even needs a driver's license ??

Unless you're traveling interstate where you will meet unfamiliar wicked police officers​
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by repogirl(f): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2017
chukel:
This is not new. I did mine 2 years ago online. Just went to the office for data capture
same thing I was wondering oh! This process has been on in Abuja for years now. Same way I did mine three years back.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Jabioro: 7:12am On Mar 26, 2017
Rooms for corruption are opened at every level, anyhow you like it we must get ours personal fulfilling coins from.. Our Oga at top approved it.. For God sake.. why not charge the whole process to be in uniform in respective of whatever state you're obtaining it..
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by MrTypist: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2017
I hope they are transparent and telling the truth though.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Tokziby: 7:20am On Mar 26, 2017
Nigeria is a complete joke of a country. You can get a drivers license without going through the authority's test.
They are fast-tracking the issuance of drivers license instead of looking for a way to standardize driving schools and harmonize them. Then set up a testing school that re-assures the person is road worthy before the license is issued.

Majority of the road accidents that occur in Nigeria are caused by the negligence of the driving rules and regulations.

We should be looking for a way to reduce the accident on our roads by making sure drivers stick to these rules and revoke any reckless drivers license a period of time. The importance of a drivers license should be more than the car particulars. Someone without a drivers license is a good as a 6 month jail.

We still have a long way to go in this country. Misplaced priority everywhere... embarassed
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Driving school and then issued a certificate of proficiency and also take a Driving test in Nigeria before they issue you a driver's license ??

Tell me this is a joke

How many of you went to a driving school and also did driving test before you got your driving license in Nigeria

Don't lie

Even people from the Northern and southern states of the USA like Maine, Montana, Alabama and South Carolina don't drive with drivers license
Oga d tin tire me.
I paid like 7k for one driving school result then another 11k like that for one certificate which will be processed with the result. ... I tire
somebody help me with that guy in a carboard box. Very apt picture at this time
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by xreal: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Tell me this is a joke

Don't lie

Even people from the Northern and southern states of the USA like Maine, Montana, Alabama and South Carolina don't drive with drivers license

Is that appropriate?
Because that happens in those parts of the US as u said; therefore we should do same.

Don't pamper your abnormalities. Deal with them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 26, 2017
for as long as you have to print out and go to their office for verification and or certification, its all the same thing. extortion will take place at that point.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by henryhemon(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2017
ifyalways:
Same way we can get our international passport online abi? cheesy

Go to FRSC/VIO office at VI, only two laptops and one printer in use and watch as it's being shuffled from desk to desk. Every thirty minutes, network is down, people's files containing personal information tied with ropes and dumped on the floor.

Yeye.

You mentioned one area how about areas that are functional? It's good to call out bad places but let's not tag that's the way all the places are.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by princeofatlanta: 7:37am On Mar 26, 2017
@mr egbegbe u are aborn liar..there is no state in usa that u can get driver license without passing through the driver license test....my wife is from Alabama and we reside in college park in Atlanta Georgia.u sound like ur brother seun egbegbe

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by fkj950ax(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

FRSC can still make their verification online too! Why print anything and take it to their office again
The process is just like a new wine in an old bottle undecided

I apply for a Visa Card from US online and I get it delivered to my doorstep in 2weeks here in Nigeria

FRSC in Nigeria wants me to go online, fill document and still print on paper.
Then I will now start looking for the nearest FRSC office to me...
That's plenty bullshit

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Gten(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2017
Believe this story at your own peril, I applied for renewal for the past 4 months and I am yet to get my license. The most annoying part is their staffs at Manchu, can you believe when I laid a complaint the response I got is "no be our fault,check back in May " I don't even know what to do again.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by hollywater: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2017
Only 5 years?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by unite4real: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2017
This is not new at all. I have been doing this since 5 years now. The last licence I did which already expired and the present one were done online and paid for. I only went to their office for data capture. I am surprised to read its new.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Vainglory: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2017
This Dr Joe Abah must be a very corrupt person. Why not fix a uniform charge for a driver 's licence in Nigeria. He is instead talking of hidden charges which vary from state to state. These men at the top are the ones creating room for extortion and corruption to flourish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by darelar(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2017
This is my second time of doing it online as I just did renewal last week. The hidden charges in bayelsa is 1k in VIO office and 1k in Road safety office which they will tell you that is for the Code book and issue it for you. I stood my ground that I have the code book before and I don't need it now. The officer insists and i said am not going to pay for that, after I have paid 10,450 for 5 years. The guy said I should go to one office to clear myself and I did, the woman just look at my form and printout from bank and she approved it. That's how I went back for capturing and i was issued temporary. Everything was done within 30 minutes because is almost 5pm already. If you don't do it online, you might spend close to 10k for 3 years renewal.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2017
Do nigerians drive with licence? I have never met any Nigerian who drives with a licence.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by nwonufestus(m): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2017
nice
someone did swoop me 12k for 3yrs license I was even tnkn n showing more appreciation

I did not even go learning school I was using ma imagination from ma childhood car racing to drove ma first car doh with so much fear in me..but na automatic
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by nwonufestus(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2017
gypsey:
Do nigerians drive with licence? I have never met any Nigerian who drives with a licence.
bros try carry your car enta high way make road safety officer catch you..
ur car will be confiscated to pay a fine
or u do d usually..
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 26, 2017
nwonufestus:

bros try carry your car enta high way make road safety officer catch you..
ur car will be confiscated to pay a fine
or u do d usually..
it's funny because I just came back from nigeria and I drove without a licence no road safety bothered to pull me over, maybe because it was a Range Rover 2016, the Road safety guy who was brave or bothered enough to do his job pulled me over because i didn't have my seat belt on, he inquired about my license I told him I didn't have one, he threatened to impound my car and take me to the station, when I said go ahead he then asked me nicely to settle i did with 1000 naira simples. grin

And oh! No Road safety has the right to confiscate your car what the law says is they will take your car to the station and give you atleast 24 hours to produce your license.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

FRSC can still make their verification online too! Why print anything and take it to their office again
The process is just like a new wine in an old bottle undecided

They are deceiving themselves..

I tried renewing mine here, it is not working.

All they need do is give me a transaction ID, then i pay to the bank using the tran. ID and then goto FRSC office armed with a bank print out possibly from PAY DIRECT software and duplicate deposit slip. then FRSC gives me a new licence.

At FRSC office, 3 and 5 years DL renewal is N10,000 and N15,000 respectively..

While they claiming its N6,350 and N10,450

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by TUba69(m): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Haba! This online registration isn't new naa. I used it to renew mine in 2011. But got my license in 2014, because i refused to greese anyone's palm.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by gungab(m): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
darelar:
This is my second time of doing it online as I just did renewal last week. The hidden charges in bayelsa is 1k in VIO office and 1k in Road safety office which they will tell you that is for the Code book and issue it for you. I stood my ground that I have the code book before and I don't need it now. The officer insists and i said am not going to pay for that, after I have paid 10,450 for 5 years. The guy said I should go to one office to clear myself and I did, the woman just look at my form and printout from bank and she approved it. That's how I went back for capturing and i was issued temporary. Everything was done within 30 minutes because is almost 5pm already. If you don't do it online, you might spend close to 10k for 3 years renewal.

Bros, plese give the website for registration
thanks
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Emassive(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Cursed
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by refreshrate: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
Driving school certificate not training o just to confirm and give certificate in Lagos is between 20 - 25k!

Who's collecting the bulk of this?

Thieving b@stards
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Carbuyer83: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:

That has been the latest process. I did mine last year and I went tru same procedure. After going to driving school, u will have to wait for 27 days I guess b4 dey give u certificate. From dia to driving school wih the VIO officers. Chai! U must pass d test o or else bye bye. From dia to payment of license fee, u will be captured,, u will be given ur temporary drivers licence and the next thing is to wait till eternity b4 dey give u d permanent (recognized) drivers license. Thats d most annoyin part. FRSC is useles. I hate them. I spent almost 13k to get a temporary card and its more dan a year now dat dey havent produced d permant one. I hate FRSC
to

5 or 3 years?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Aadeyinka(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
ariesbull:
In the spirit of the continuous revamping of processes of public ventures and ease of making transactions which has seen the Nigerian Immigration service launch a 48-hour online visa application system for businesspersons, the Federal Road Safety Corp has introduced a new and easier way of requesting and renewing driver’s license in all the states of the federation.

The improved means which was announced by the Director-General of Bureau of Public Service, Dr Joe Abah through his Twitter handle (@DrJoeAbah) has the official costs of a driver’s license at 6,350 naira for 3 years validity and 10,450 naira for 5 years validity.

Explaining the costs and the process, Dr Joe Abah stated the price above is solely for the license and not for any other thing. In essence, the process may incur other expenses which are by no means catered for in the 6,350, and 10,450 price groups respectively.

First-time applicants are expected, as a norm, to have gone through driving school where they must have taken driving tests and issued certificates of proficiency which will allow them to apply for the license. All costs incurred during this process are not covered by the license fee.

Dr Abah explained further that it is possible for Vehicle Inspection Officers who control the issuance of driving certificates at states level to charge certain amounts on certificates, which vary per states for driving certificates, different from the license fee. The state internal revenues board may also charge certain amounts for each license. This also varies by state. Taking driving lessons and tests are the normal procedure for the procurement of a driving license. The will to fraudulently bypass this process is taken as the main reason some applicants pay touts and fake officers double the stipulated fees.

The process for renewal is similar to that of new applicants except for the tests and certificates. For renewals and new applications, motorists are to log on to www.nigeriadriverslicence.org where they would initiate their renewal and pay the appropriate fees. The data page is then to be printed and taken to the nearest FRSC office for the necessary confirmations and affirmations.

In all this, however, the interesting part is that the application can now be self-initiated, with only minor confirmations, certifications, and tests to be completed at the branches of the Federal Road Service Corp. This will not only fast-track the process of applying for a license, it blocks, to an extent, avenues for corrupt officials to extort Nigerians.

http://etimes.com.ng/2017/03/25/nigerians-can-now-apply-for-drivers-license-online/
nice but prices quote are not real
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by Aadeyinka(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
ariesbull:
In the spirit of the continuous revamping of processes of public ventures and ease of making transactions which has seen the Nigerian Immigration service launch a 48-hour online visa application system for businesspersons, the Federal Road Safety Corp has introduced a new and easier way of requesting and renewing driver’s license in all the states of the federation.

The improved means which was announced by the Director-General of Bureau of Public Service, Dr Joe Abah through his Twitter handle (@DrJoeAbah) has the official costs of a driver’s license at 6,350 naira for 3 years validity and 10,450 naira for 5 years validity.

Explaining the costs and the process, Dr Joe Abah stated the price above is solely for the license and not for any other thing. In essence, the process may incur other expenses which are by no means catered for in the 6,350, and 10,450 price groups respectively.

First-time applicants are expected, as a norm, to have gone through driving school where they must have taken driving tests and issued certificates of proficiency which will allow them to apply for the license. All costs incurred during this process are not covered by the license fee.

Dr Abah explained further that it is possible for Vehicle Inspection Officers who control the issuance of driving certificates at states level to charge certain amounts on certificates, which vary per states for driving certificates, different from the license fee. The state internal revenues board may also charge certain amounts for each license. This also varies by state. Taking driving lessons and tests are the normal procedure for the procurement of a driving license. The will to fraudulently bypass this process is taken as the main reason some applicants pay touts and fake officers double the stipulated fees.

The process for renewal is similar to that of new applicants except for the tests and certificates. For renewals and new applications, motorists are to log on to www.nigeriadriverslicence.org where they would initiate their renewal and pay the appropriate fees. The data page is then to be printed and taken to the nearest FRSC office for the necessary confirmations and affirmations.

In all this, however, the interesting part is that the application can now be self-initiated, with only minor confirmations, certifications, and tests to be completed at the branches of the Federal Road Service Corp. This will not only fast-track the process of applying for a license, it blocks, to an extent, avenues for corrupt officials to extort Nigerians.

http://etimes.com.ng/2017/03/25/nigerians-can-now-apply-for-drivers-license-online/
nice but prices quote are not real , I wonder why not tell true price
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by TopsyKrete: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Scammers called FRSC, awon oleee
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! by CallmeAbbey: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Naughtysite:

They are deceiving themselves..

I tried renewing mine here, it is not working.

All they need do is give me a transaction ID, then i pay to the bank using the tran. ID and then goto FRSC office armed with a bank print out possibly from PAY DIRECT software and duplicate deposit slip. then FRSC gives me a new licence.

At FRSC office, 3 and 5 years DL renewal is N10,000 and N15,000 respectively..

While they claiming its N6,350 and N10,450

I don't mind the price. Pls, at where did you do it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. / Carpet Grass Car In Akure That Has Got Everyone Talking: (photos) / Ford Nigeria Unveils The First FordRanger To Come Out Of Nigeria Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.