Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! (5185 Views)

My CGPA is giving me depression / Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by petroldollar: 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
modestofynest:
Lolzzzzzz guy u done enter one chance, that's the problem with most Nigerians we don't ask questions we just fill jamb form from house applying for engineering, medicine and the likes when ur reading and understanding level is low, u get luck u no dey my school by now u are out of the system, when I see people doing registration for freshers and when u interact with them they don't even know what they are going in for
If na futm now, the guy don comot!

Any CGPA below 1.50 in futm u will be withdrawn.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by modestofynest(m): 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
petroldollar:
If na futm now, the guy don comot!

Any CGPA below 1.50 in futm u will be withdrawn.

No mind am him hear computer science him think say na computer u go press till u graduate u no know say na maths go kill u for there u no ask question u Wan do course I dey laugh u

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by dabrake(m): 3:28am On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:
Hi Ladies and Gent, I need advice concerning my perforattitude of a failure. in school, though its more like a general issue in that wicked COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO. Even at that, some few student are coping while some are totally brutalized and frustrated, many have changed course while some dropped out.. As For Me i cannot quit, my weaknesses are the borrowed courses from Math and Statistics of which i had a poor foundation in Math and never did futher math in secondary school, GOD! Its Like Studying three different courses at once.

.Please I Need Your Kind Advice On What To Do, I am depressed and frustrated.

,N/B: I have 3 more years, its a five years course.

WHAT CAN I DO TO GRADUATE WITH 2ND CLASS LOWER (best case) OR 3RD CLASS(worst case)
Send me a PM. I graduated from that department.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:48am On Mar 26, 2017
Every course gets tougher as you progress. You had a very poor grade in ur 100 and 200 levels which are more like O'level by the time you enter 400L you will in for something else. I'll advise u change to another course.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by fabre4: 6:38am On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:
Hi Ladies and Gent, I need advice concerning my performance in school, though its more like a general issue in that wicked COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO. Even at that, some few student are coping while some are totally brutalized and frustrated, many have changed course while some dropped out.. As For Me i cannot quit, my weaknesses are the borrowed courses from Math and Statistics of which i had a poor foundation in Math and never did futher math in secondary school, GOD! Its Like Studying three different courses at once.

WHAT CAN I DO TO GRADUATE WITH 2ND CLASS LOWER (best case) OR 3RD CLASS(worst case)

Guy study well make sure u join the winning cartel but u must offer them something either by contributing in brain or in money . Try reading always you may have to give up your social life but once it becomes a habit you won't even notice.

secondly your IT will soon come up u can get an A and hit a 5,0 which will boost ur gp

Finally bro nothing good comes easy if u jump to another department the same thing will happen . Change from reading for about 8hrs a week to about 50-60 hrs a week its all in the mind. You can do it start and never look back.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by jericco1(m): 7:01am On Mar 26, 2017
Please go to a different department.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by checkolatunji: 7:10am On Mar 26, 2017
meetmonde:
Computer science is more of maths/calculation... If you can't cope, i will advice you change department to geography or psychology... Or any other simpler program in your school... They might ask you to repeat a level, but it's better than graduating with low class of degree...

Nope you are wrong
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by checkolatunji: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:
Hi Ladies and Gent, I need advice concerning my performance in school, though its more like a general issue in that wicked COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO. Even at that, some few student are coping while some are totally brutalized and frustrated, many have changed course while some dropped out.. As For Me i cannot quit, my weaknesses are the borrowed courses from Math and Statistics of which i had a poor foundation in Math and never did futher math in secondary school, GOD! Its Like Studying three different courses at once.

Do everything you can

Roll with the wining team

Giving up is out of the matter, no even think am
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by sheettle(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2017
My first CPGA at LASU was 2.40. Meanwhile, I have obtained UTME form and chose UNILAG before LASU could offer me admission. On seeing my first semester's result, I wanted to quit LASU and began to process UNiLAG but I can't stand the pain of starting from 100level when I suppose to be in 300level. I sharply changed my group of friends and began to mingle with best brains in my class and faculty, gave up social media for months, studied for minimum of six hours and maximum of eight hours daily and pray to God. That semester, I pulled a G.P of 4.40. That's how I came out of CGPA recession.

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by boladez(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2017
Advice?You still need to be adviced? OK take my advice.

ADVISED TO WITHDRAW!!
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:

Pls, switch over to another course like geography or any agriculture related course if u can. However, u can learn computer programming or database management outside school if u really love computer science. There are tons of certifications u could run
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by godwinony(m): 8:45am On Mar 26, 2017
1.14 seems too low...
After my year 1 in uniport comp science, I had 2.7... And I wasn't the playful type.. I graduated with 3.63..just did my convocation this past Friday.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by chloride6: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2017
You don't have to change your course....m only do that if you don't like computer science. But if you do, stay.

All you need to do is move with the first class guys in your department. In fact make sure that you are room mates and guy do what ever do they do. If they read, read. If they cram, cram. If they read all night read all night. If they are solving one particular past question my guy follow them solve.

Good grades don't necessarily translate to understanding. You didn't talk about understanding, you talked about good grades. We are giving you solutions for good grade. Abi you never see people wey you know say them dull graduate for medicine. If you follow this my advice, guy I promise you 2.1.

Passing no be all this you understand you no understand. Forget! Passing na understanding the secret of every course. The first class guys dey sabi the way. Some courses need over reading, some na pass questions. Some na just to attend class.

So follow the first class guys and do what they do.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by jayrock(m): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2017
Jeeeeeeez, 1.14 if this were to be odd place on Barcelona against Osasuna to win I will definitely place my bet dnt ask me y.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Stanweezy(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2017
paulinoace0:
me. 2 want to go for computer science i thought its just base on computer level but when heard that its full of maths and statistics ...i don't know maths nor further maths i have to change my mind to urban and regional planning

just work on your self try and sleep over it do you really think you can do it or you just love the name then after you must have thought about it then take the right step either to. get a tutorial mingle with people who have more grade get more test book. or. change of course. ......... remember sleep over it failing does not mean you loose. ....but get back up and prove to be strong
Urban and regional planning grin grin
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Stanweezy(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2017
Problem wiith ppl is that they pick up a course base on what their parents wants for them or what odas are selecting... You know yourself and your capability work towards it and don't let odas to detect for u.... Right from time immomorial i knew i'm good in electrical and electronics repairs... As i was growing up, i asked questions and told ppl what i wants to be in furure...i was informed that the course is full of maths i had no option than to make maths my hobby.... Today i'm a graduate of elect/elect engine with good honours.... Lesson learnt is that u should work towards what u like no matter how hard it is.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Talk2bryant(m): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2017
Not possible during school days but possible during the weekends, I studied from 5am to 10pm every weekend, its not easy but in the end you'll be grateful to yourself for denying yourself some pleasure
Antell95:
Thanks, Someone Suggested i should be studying for 15hrs per day?
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by pressplay411(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:

The big question, why Com Sci?
Why not switch to a course that interests you?
The point in to pursue your interest, cos only then will you be learn and perform better.

Judging by the piano in your pic, you might also invest in building yourself musically as an artist or producer.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by supo19884: 11:31am On Mar 26, 2017
1.Why did you choose to study computer science over others (motivate or aspiration).
2. What background (art; technical, science or commercial) are you coming from?
3. Your age bracket (15 - 18; 19 - 21; 22 - 25; 25 - 35)
This will assist to advice you on what you can can do to make 2:2 on your graduation or to change your course of study.

Antell95:

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Stanweezy:
Urban and regional planning grin grin
why smiling
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
What is your reason for studying computer science? Do u have passion for computer systems? Software development? Programming? Networking? No be to just answer the name computer scientist of mechanical engineer, its to know and be good at what you do...If u feel this is what you want, see your weakness in math as an obstacle....and put more effort. Dnt forget to involve God.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Antell95:
Thanks, Someone Suggested i should be studying for 15hrs per day?

See...this thing is really not about the time u put in. Its about UNDERSTANDING what you read. I always applied the principle, read to understand.. If not cram. You can't cram maths or cram past questions and say u understand... With time...u will forget...Understand whatbyou are reading, understand the process involved, get someone to put u through... If u read to understand... Even as a lazy student( reads less than 10 hrs a week)...u can get a 2:1. Always ensure you have deep, not shallow understanding... It makes exams easier...and makes u a problem solver. Understanding is a spirit.. Pray to God for it, I received it as a gift....at a young age...deep insight into things..I cud even afford to be lazy on occasion. But I study with a mindset to understand, and improve on existing knowledge...just make sure u are in the right course for you, pray to God for understanding... And do ur best.

2 Likes

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
checkolatunji:

Nope you are wrong
Ok noted. thanks
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Zico5(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
To be sincere, statistics and mathematics ought not to be a problem at all for sound science students. Probably u have no interest in the computer science. U need to see ur class adviser because those that graduated with 2.1 are finding it hard to get job not to talk of 1.15 after the second semester. Don't be deceived, there is no magic in this. It will be better to start all over again than to be living in fake hope. If its possible for u to repeat, try it and give urself to thorough tutorials in every course. Plan ahead and give urself a push. That's the best advice I can give u.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by sevantex(m): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
switch departments fast and now also, if u are good with theoritical courses, then switch to any of those dept which is comfy for u and be serious there.

Act fast and now in making ur decision
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by ThatCEO: 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
You didn't have a decent foundation in secondary n that is counting against. The talk of not liking maths is BS. I don't like maths too, but I never failed it.

I know how frustrating it is to be in a class without understanding anything the teacher is saying n it's usually down to poor foundation.

Don't quit, why? Even if you graduate with 2:1, it still doesn't mean shit. In Nigeria, we just graduate with fine grades to make ourselves feel better, but it's just a sheet of useless paper. I know you won't accept this now, but you will find out yourself. Know exactly what aspect of computer you want to specialize, get offline resources and improve yourself.

Do you really think anyone will pick a man with a shiny certificate over a man with practical skills? Who says you can't be your own boss?

Find a focus, learn it, and make sure you make money from that skill even while you are in school. I want you to make money from it because it will learn a lot from that, Trust me

1 Like

Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by sageb: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
fellow tuskite,you've gat to be serious and determine to attain that grade. the 300level set were about 170 students in first year but forward to 300level they ain't up to 35. so you see,many have transferred whereas some have dropped out. Don't be discouraged work hard,the Lord is your strenght. see you at the top
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by romeoetin(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
@op dino maleye had a third class from ABU.
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Rapaltar(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Unku goan learn a trade.. .
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Go and buy canoe and fishing nets, forget about school
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by martinsfm(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
When I saw 1.14 I thought it was Barcelona's odds cheesy cheesy cheesy

The truth is 2:2 is still possible....but you claim the department is difficult...I advice you to change it ASAP
Re: His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2017
This is a critical issue u can still make a Good grade just believe in God and study hard..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara State (SUBEB) Level 7, Salary Is More Than (TESCOM) Level 8. / ASUU Begin Indefinite Strike On August 4 / University Student Makes A Sex Tape With Female Professor After Graduation Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.