Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? (10952 Views)

Can The Site Built With Dreamweaver Be Converted To Cms Like Joomla,wp,drupa? / How To Create Premium Joomla Template With Dreamweaver / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2009
How do i download an existing site and edit the contents with dreamweaver ?

i tried a method i saw from the help files of dreamweaver , but it did not work ? is there other alternative ways

of doing this house ?

please i need your response house ??
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2009
open the site in ur browser, go to file, save as, then save it on ur destop,
then open the .html in dreamweaver.

just make sure you dont download my website o grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2009
do i have to down load the site page by page ?

lets say there are subfiles in a menu like Service and you have to click then other pages open if i save the page will it save all the pages in the website ?
i await your urgent reply and thanks man
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2009
Get a site copier and mirror the entire site unto you local PC, then you can do what you want.

Please abide by copyright laws.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by yawatide(f): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2009
Please abide by copyright laws.

wetin b dis? your own version of legal protection against yourself? tongue
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2009
How do i get website copier software ??

thanks for the info
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

wetin b dis? your own version of legal protection against yourself? tongue
No be from ma mouth michael go here sey coke black na tongue
Na who wey talk na him dem go hold.

michaelday:

How do i get website copier software ??

thanks for the info
Kindly drop an email address I can mail the download link to.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2009
ojeyvictor1999@yahoo.com and ojeyvictor1999@gmail.com this are my mail address , thanks for the link in advance
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
Mail sent

here's the download link though. same as whats in ur mail

http://rapidshare.com/files/326143835/HTTrack_Software_uploaded_by_sawyerrken.rar.html
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
i use the software http track but the pages i downloaded are scattered they are not well arranged .

what do i do and wats is the cause ?
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by Uzosystem(m): 12:56am On Dec 30, 2009
download offline explorer, with that, you can pull down the site. Just google 4 'offline explorer download', you will find a download link. Be careful not to pull down the whole internet with that piece of download apparatus![color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2009
[color=][/color][color=][/color]

Whats is the meaning of this script above ?

tanks for the guide
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by michaelday: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
download offline explorer , i did and it needs the key to unlock the software , do u have the key ?

Thanks
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by Uzosystem(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2010
U can run the unregistered version 5.6 without the key for 30 days.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by segedoo(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
@poster

i hope you're not copying a blog o.

HttpTrack will not copy blogs properly.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by annie7(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
PL'SSSSSSSSSSSSS NAIRALAND HOUSE, HOW CAN I POST TOPIC. MODERATOR I BEG HELP ME OUT
YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL BE THANKFULLY RECEIEVE.
i'M WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by annie7(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2010
SEGEDOO HELP ME OUT. I'M LUKING UP TO U.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by yawatide(f): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2010
Considering you just posted twice, I don't think you need any help, annie tongue
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2010
I think she needs help on how to create threads.

Annie, when you any section, look for the "New Topic" Button an use that.
For instance, you wonno create a thread on the webmasters section dissing Dual core and his crappy life (god forbid  tongue). What you need to do is get into the webmasters section, look at the top right, there u see the "New Topic" button.

Personally, i'll advice you use that button wisely and if possible, sparingly. I think i use it like once in 4 or 5 months  tongue

P.S: Either change your gender or change that profile picture. Stop causing confusion for a brotha.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by platinumnk(f): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2010
Dual Core:

P.S: Either change your gender or change that profile picture. Stop causing confusion for a brotha.

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

haahaha i like your profile pic too . . cheesy
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by annie7(m): 9:20am On Jan 08, 2010
sorry dual cor i made dat mistake when i was updating

my profile, i will change dat as soon as possible.
thanks for d reply
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by yawatide(f): 10:59am On Jan 08, 2010
considering obama just hired transgender to fill one of his cabinet positions, annie the she-male is in good shape smiley
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by owner(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2010
Why are you Guys Encouraging Stealing.Shey the Fool @ Micheal No fit create his Own website himself, Why Copying, Thief.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2010
Look at the signature of the person talking. ^^
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by yawatide(f): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2010
roflmao! lwkmd!!!
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DoubleN(m): 8:38am On Jan 11, 2010
Dual Core:

I think she needs help on how to create threads.

Annie, when you any section, look for the "New Topic" Button an use that.
For instance, you wonno create a thread on the webmasters section dissing Dual core and his crappy life (god forbid  tongue). What you need to do is get into the webmasters section, look at the top right, there u see the "New Topic" button.

Personally, i'll advice you use that button wisely and if possible, sparingly. I think i use it like once in 4 or 5 months  tongue

Na small pikin u go feed that one! grin grin
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by gerrows80(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2010
Go to your sites control panel, choose file manager and download the public_html folder( it includes all the files on the site), then you can edit all the pages one after the other.
Re: How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? by DualCore1: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
gerrows80:

Go to your sites control panel, choose file manager and download the public_html folder( it includes all the files on the site), then you can edit all the pages one after the other.
The site he wants to copy isnt his.

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server / Please Someone Should Tell Me How To Download Videos From Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.