Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch (23128 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Presidency "We 've You Under Close Surveillance. You're Finished" / “embrace Whistle-blowing Policy” - EFCC Boss, Magu Urges Nigerians / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Joephat(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2017
I dey go church....

to those bankers that will still av the courage to blow not minding they will be sacked

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by LordIsaac(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2017
On this, thank God for this administration. Even if no one sees it due to the incaceration of Oni Kuje of Kuje, we cannot miss the progress in this respect.
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by baby124: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2017
Daboomb:

The whole idea is to ensure that some junior or middle-level banker does not get access to the hidden loot of a "big customer".

Initially, what is being done is to restrict access to Customer bank Account, based on your job description but majorly based on your level.

Now, l am sure it has even become more stringent and certain accounts have been frozen and only a select group of bank staff can access them on the banking software.

Bank Executives are part and parcel of the criminality going on and EFCC needs to focus more attention on the top management of banks, from Branch Manager upwards.
This is where the Rot starts from.
Thanks for explaining. This is interesting. I guess EFCC needs to get a hold of their IT staff when conducting audits.To see the access and authorization of each employee. From top boss down. Then ask to be given same access, to reveal what is hidden.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by baby124: 9:05am On Mar 26, 2017
jericco1:
It's a welcome initiative, in as much I support the whistle blowing operation, it's imperative the bankers are closely monitored before they disclose wealth that was gotten genuinely.
If you got your money genuinely, I don't think you should have any issue proving it.

2 Likes

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Jabioro: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2017
Would they follow them to their respective bed room to monitor them.. leave that..
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by jericco1(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2017
baby124:

If you got your money genuinely, I don't think you should have any issue proving it.
that's the problem
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Sanuzi(m): 9:22am On Mar 26, 2017
waoooo
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by donodion(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2017
Very simple.

If you working at a bank, just be aware your registered cell phones and sims are been monitored. (With ot without your consent).

Same with social media accounts and postings.

This is a gag on whistle blowing in the name of protecting the interest of banking institutions and their clients,who might be involve in money laundering and financial crimes.

1 Like

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by smartty68(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2017
They should make policies/law guiding whistle blowers in this country. Cos all I can see here is insecurities towards whistle blowers. Just hope that most whistle blowers don't start taking bribe cos I won't be surprised if they do. Nice move and welcoming

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by AuroraB(f): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2017
dawud723:
smiley
Airhead sad
Dawud nooni grin
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by 175(m): 10:24am On Mar 26, 2017
jericco1:
It's a welcome initiative, in as much I support the whistle blowing operation, it's imperative the bankers are closely monitored before they disclose wealth that was gotten genuinely.

How can you contradict yourself na. . . . grin grin

You don smoke again abi?

If the wealth was gotten genuinely, there's no need to fear na? At least the world will not kill you if you genuinely acquire all the wealth in the universe.

2 Likes

Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by jericco1(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2017
175:

You don smoke again abi?

If the wealth was gotten genuinely, there's no need to fear na? At least the world will not kill you if you genuinely acquire all the wealth in the universe.
they should protect them...some wealth are gotten as a result of goodwill.
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Originalsly: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2017
baby124:
This cannot prevent whistleblowers from working. Truth is some whistleblower settlement is far more compensation than they can ever get from a bank that can sack them anytime. Whistleblowing is the new yahoo yahoo.

Federal government must pass laws to penalize banks who punish whistleblowing employees or take action to prevent whistleblowing. In a way that protects the employee financially.
Nonsense. No bank can prevent an employee from becoming a whistleblower. It can try to discourage them by giving the more likely ones raises and salary increases and allowances ... and still have to hope they don't squeal. Whistleblowing by bank staff is soooooo lucrative! Good luck to the banks on that one!
BTW.....even the pastors may be whistle blowing on those big tithe throwing front pew special guests that no longer be showering the church.
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by CR77(f): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2017
Maybe
ALAYORMII:

You wan blow whistle??

cool cool cool
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Avater0147(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
the day any police or efcc will ever burst me,i will shoot my account officer and my bank manager
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by ALAYORMII: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2017
CR77:
Maybe

Makeup ur mind and get in touch with Mii
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by EngrBouss(m): 11:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by einsteine(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2017
baby124:
This cannot prevent whistleblowers from working. Truth is some whistleblower settlement is far more compensation than they can ever get from a bank that can sack them anytime. Whistleblowing is the new yahoo yahoo.

Federal government must pass laws to penalize banks who punish whistleblowing employees or take action to prevent whistleblowing. In a way that protects the employee financially.

What do you propose as penalty for bank employees who falsely blow the whistle on genuine customers who later turn out NOT to be fraudulent?
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by einsteine(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2017
175:

You don smoke again abi?

The banks have to be afraid of lawsuits because they are the ones who would pay if an overzealous Banker blows the whistle on a genuine customer and embarrasses the customer all in a bid to get the whistleblowing percentage.
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2017
baby124:

I think some bank managers or CEO are related to DINO.
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Idoko619(m): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2017
jericco1:
If u can prove its geniue nobdy will question u
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by sidonlook: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
ednut1:
Lol. No looting can be done without CBN or commercial banks. Not new abeg
They are all corrupt
Otherwise CBN should give altimatum for all dormant account due to no BVN to be published after six months for owners to come forward to claim or forfeit to FGN
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
whitle blowing is a new way to paint a target on ur back especially if the whistle blower isnt careful and cautious
Re: Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch by Tinyemeka(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Crappiest load of crap in crapsville.

They should speak for themselves. There's no such practice in all the banks. Account officers are even mandated to notify the bank about high-risk and Politically Exposed Persons. Don't know this gist about monitoring staff accounts for unexpected windfalls.

When viewed beyond face value however, the situation is not actually cut-and-dry as it may appear. All bankers owe a fiduciary duty of confidentiality to their customers. A banker must not divulge details of a customer's account to a third party who is not a signatory to the account (not even the customer's spouse, boyfriend, landlord, parent, offspring). Exceptions to this rule exist when the account details are being requested by law enforcement agents conducting investigations. A customer can sue the bank in a situation where his/her account details have been improperly divulged. So where now does the whistle-blower (who is doing the act not for the general good mind you, but for financial reward) plan to seek shelter from litigation from the account holder, if the account holder decides to sue? All bankers have sworn to oaths of secrecy. The whistle blower has by default broken that oath. S/he should hope and pray that his/her identity would not be revealed in the course of investigation. History has shown that exposed whistle blowers do not usually come out of the fiasco unscathed. Examples include Sherron Watkins the outspoken woman who whistle blew on the Enron scandal and (fairly recently) Yuliya Stepanova, the female athlete who whistle blew about Russian state-sponsored doping of athletes. She had to flee the country for fear of her safety. They were all viewed as black sheep.

At the end of the day, who is the ultimate beneficiary and who stands to gain most from the practice of whistle blowing? Given the current situation which we find our country in now, I think that crime or fraudulent activity where it is observed to have occurred, should be escalated appropriately and with dispatch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumebi Kachikwu Defeats Kingsley Moghalu, Emerges ADC Presidential Candidate / PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos / All 3 Senators From Benue Dump Governor Ortom, Endorse Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.