Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? (50537 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I hope u ve been able to go thru d list of countries in Asia some of which I am sure never existed on the map.
I have pointed to u that Youngi Cho's achievement pales into insignificance when compared with our achievements with the help of Jehovah that even Achi advised u never to compare us with just a mere man's family investment. I also gave u link ofYoing Cho's criminal records and how his son also involved in same mess has taken over the church making it a family investment.
That is the same with churches in Nigeria and else where. They are established to serve the financial interests of the family who groom their wives and children to take over when they are dead. Look at Benson Idahosa wife who is a Revrend or Bishop who has taken over. Same with your Bishop his wife is a Pastor and she preaches which is a clear and blatant violation of 1 Corinthians 14:34,35; 1 Timothy 2:11,12. Infact in 1 Timothy 3:1-9 woman where NEVER to occupy such position in the church. Your GO's wife is groomed to manage her family business if Oyedepo himself kicks the bucket same with his children.Look at the link below.
https://ask.naij.com/society/children-of-bishop-david-oyedepo-who-are-they-i26062.html
Bro reason na.Follow what the bible says not my pastor says. For once be like the people of Boerea in Acts 17:8-11 to examine your bible deeply.
Gullible people are being fleeced with tithing to maintain the luxurious life of these "god of men". Look at my comments on the Nairaland post titled " Should I pay tithe in church". There i gave verse by verse explanation of the Bible's true position on tithes.
Oyedepo as a smart & ambitious business man is only trying to diversify his family enterprise and that is what drives his quest to venture into universities funded by ur tithes.
As for our history go to the website www.jw.org or bettter download the jw library.click on book then choose the book "God's Kingdom Rules" It perfectly shows our modern history so u can see what we achieved in the first 45 years. Or request for the book from any JW and they wud be glad to offer u the book without sale like ur books that is for sale because we are not peddlers of God's word like yours who ve made fortunes out of it. Read 2 Corinthians 2:17; 11:13.
As for university education being free i am a beneficiary presently and in the past. If as u claim let ur boy come of age so u send him to ur school well I know sometimes talk can be cheap. The tuition fee is far above d means of a vast majority of Nigerians including ur church members. I recall i met 2 dropouts from Covenant Uni whose parents due to sudden changes in their finances could not continue their education but had to start over in govt universities.

I think you are the one that needs to think more broadly about woman and their place in the body of Christ.
1. Gal 3:28 says there is neither Jew nor Greek , there is neither bind nor free. There is neither MALE NOR FEMALE: for he ALL are one in Christ Jesus ...........

2. .Everyone of us is called to be a priest of the Most High God.....He died so we can reign as king and as priest HERE ON THE EARTH ......Rev 5:10

3. Gen 1:17 .....so God created man in his image ,in the image of created created he him, male and female created he them.

4. John 3:16 he so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten son that WHOSEVER believe

5. A woman caused an entire city to be won for Christ by her confession. She did not go home to enquirer from the husband ....John 4:29

6. Gen 2:24 .....a man and a woman becomes one and same in marriage ...whatsoever he has joined together let no one put asunder.

Matt 19:6..., so they are no longer two but one flesh.

7. Jesus first miracle was due to the intercession or intervention of a woman or not man and the woman had an husband , Joseph but she I did not go home to consult him. .....John 2:1-11

8. He reveale himself first to a woman ......John 4:25

9. Women were part of his enlarged disciples......Mark 15:41

10. He appeared first to woman after his resurrection....John 20:1-6..,.,,neither Jesus nor the woman seek permission of the husband and the woman was about town with the experience.

11. He made women evangelist .........Matt 28:1

12. Women apwere part of the disciples that met daily afte his ascension......Acts 1:14

Bonus: Romans 16:12................Phili 4:3
1 Cor 16:19 ...co founder or minister

All the above are Answers to your first paragraph on church founders and transition.

B. I did not refer you to any site when I stated that winners in less than 30 years became the single largest church auditorium in the entire world and the record is yet to be displaced ........source: Guinness world records .........that is highlight.

C. University: in one of my rejoinder I stated that if university venture was profitable,it would be in every local government areas of Anambra state and that Nnewi alone would have up to 20. ..........and I want to add that if it was a profitable and not humanitarian Dangote,Otedola, Arthur Eze, Obinnna Uzor, Iwuanyawu, The ibru family and many of the ex governor would have built them all over Nigeria..............than ninety percent of the established ones in Nigeria are runner by religious groups says it all......and with the fact that none is free has something to tell you about the cost of running a university.

The resources so far sun into covenant university if proured into a penny stock in any exchange anywhere in the world would turn it into a blue chip stock......Bishop Oyedepo has stated with confidence that if by 2030 , covenant doesn't displace Harvard in ranking then it would mean that it has lost it purpose....that tells you that more funding is going to the university that is being generated there. ....the money in covenant can acquired the ibeshe cement plant in ogun state and then it around in record time.

The simple reason your church can never own a university is because funding for a university can never come by a simple one off donation by members for it is a going concern with daily operating cost......it is different from collecting donation to build a 20 member capacity building or even an headquarters and then rely on offering or whatever to maintain.

If you must know, private universities have got obligations to the government that are financial.

Again I remind you that winners is less than even forty five , running two of the best private universities in Nigeria and with licenses for five more .....runs two private jet, thousand of secondary schools across the world.

Your church can't be wiser than the Cathy church that takes education as part of the gospel....you are benefiting from another mans sweat like you stated through free education, why then is it difficult for your church to run one university for free for just her members?

On your claims of meeting two dropouts from covenant , I like to state that I need a bucket of salt to take that..........where my home cell is situated, the family has their children in covenant and landmark on church scholarship that is announced during service......the simple criteria to qualify for a scholarship is to be a member of the church and join an home cell cause it is at the level of home cell that scholarship forms are endorsed by your home cell leaders that you are a member of the church.

There is a structure rovision for all indigent students in covenant and it is not a secret for members of the church who are not just Sunday members

NB: one of the sites you referred me to states that one in every ten Koreans are baptized in Yonggi led church and not your church that has been around for over two hundred years.

He invested in his sons business and got burnt, he made a mistake but the gift and calling on his life is still working even more in Japan where he has given himself the task of bring 10,000,000 Japanese to Christ and has virtually achieved that....you focus on his weakness but God sees an assets in him......a church of less than 50 years is leading the March to conquer Japan.

Winners is just less than forty five,actually...give me highlights of your church first fifty years as a ministry

Meanwhile feeds your eyes with these pictures I got online http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/12/pictures-bishop-oyedepo-begins.html

NB: Like Bishop Oyedepo always admonished, when it is not clear start from the beginning....you quoted some scriptures to back up your narrow few of women but since it is not clear to you you tough to have started from the beginning which clearly says..........I EXHORT THEREFROE ...find the meaning of I .......

Go to verse 8 of the 1 Timo 2 you cited ......I will therefore and in 9 ...in like manners ...did you see thou says the Lord.....I ....I .....when in doubt start from the beginning and like my bishop would say, there is no causal word or fill in gapphrase in the Bible ...all has deep meaning .....thank you ....I await your rejoinder again
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 12:46am On Apr 03, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I think you are the one that needs to think more broadly about woman and their place in the body of Christ.
1. Gal 3:28 says there is neither Jew nor Greek , there is neither bind nor free. There is neither MALE NOR FEMALE: for he ALL are one in Christ Jesus ...........

2. .Everyone of us is called to be a priest of the Most High God.....He died so we can reign as king and as priest HERE ON THE EARTH ......Rev 5:10

3. Gen 1:17 .....so God created man in his image ,in the image of created created he him, male and female created he them.

4. John 3:16 he so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten son that WHOSEVER believe

5. A woman caused an entire city to be won for Christ by her confession. She did not go home to enquirer from the husband ....John 4:29

6. Gen 2:24 .....a man and a woman becomes one and same in marriage ...whatsoever he has joined together let no one put asunder.

7. Jesus first miracle was due to the intercession or intervention of a woman or not man and the woman had an husband , Joseph but she I did not go home to consult him. .....John 2:1-11

10. He appeared first to woman after his resurrection....John 20:1-6..,.,,neither Jesus nor the woman seek permission of the husband and the woman was about town with the experience.

12. Women apwere part of the disciples that met daily afte his ascension......Acts 1:14

All the above are Answers to your first paragraph on church founders and transition.

B. I did not refer you to any site when I stated that winners in less than 30 years became the single largest church auditorium in the entire world and the record is yet to be displaced ........source: Guinness world records .........that is highlight.

C. University: in one of my rejoinder I stated that if university venture was profitable,it would be in every local government areas of Anambra state and that Nnewi alone would have up to 20. ..........and I want to add that if it was a profitable and not humanitarian Dangote,Otedola, Arthur Eze, Obinnna Uzor, Iwuanyawu, The ibru family and many of the ex governor would have built them all over Nigeria..............than ninety percent of the established ones in Nigeria are runner by religious groups says it all......and with the fact that none is free has something to tell you about the cost of running a university.

The resources so far sun into covenant university if proured into a penny stock in any exchange anywhere in the world would turn it into a blue chip stock......Bishop Oyedepo has stated with confidence that if by 2030 , covenant doesn't displace Harvard in ranking then it would mean that it has lost it purpose....that tells you that more funding is going to the university that is being generated there. ....the money in covenant can acquired the ibeshe cement plant in ogun state and then it around in record time.

The simple reason your church can never own a university is because funding for a university can never come by a simple one off donation by members for it is a going concern with daily operating cost......it is different from collecting donation to build a 20 member capacity building or even an headquarters and then rely on offering or whatever to maintain.

If you must know, private universities have got obligations to the government that are financial.

Again I remind you that winners is less than even forty five , running two of the best private universities in Nigeria and with licenses for five more .....runs two private jet, thousand of secondary schools across the world.

Your church can't be wiser than the Cathy church that takes education as part of the gospel....you are benefiting from another mans sweat like you stated through free education, why then is it difficult for your church to run one university for free for just her members?

On your claims of meeting two dropouts from covenant , I like to state that I need a bucket of salt to take that..........where my home cell is situated, the family has their children in covenant and landmark on church scholarship that is announced during service......the simple criteria to qualify for a scholarship is to be a member of the church and join an home cell cause it is at the level of home cell that scholarship forms are endorsed by your home cell leaders that you are a member of the church.

There is a structure rovision for all indigent students in covenant and it is not a secret for members of the church who are not just Sunday members

NB: one of the sites you referred me to states that one in every ten Koreans are baptized in Yonggi led church and not your church that has been around for over two hundred years.

He invested in his sons business and got burnt, he made a mistake but the gift and calling on his life is still working even more in Japan where he has given himself the task of bring 10,000,000 Japanese to Christ and has virtually achieved that....you focus on his weakness but God sees an assets in him......a church of less than 50 years is leading the March to conquer Japan.

Winners is just less than forty five,actually...give me highlights of your church first fifty years as a ministry

Meanwhile feeds your eyes with these pictures I got online http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/12/pictures-bishop-oyedepo-begins.html

NB: Like Bishop Oyedepo always admonished, when it is not clear start from the beginning....you quoted some scriptures to back up your narrow few of women but since it is not clear to you you tough to have started from the beginning which clearly says..........I EXHORT THEREFROE ...find the meaning of I .......

Go to verse 8 of the 1 Timo 2 you cited ......I will therefore and in 9 ...in like manners ...did you see thou says the Lord.....I ....I .....when in doubt start from the beginning and like my bishop would say, there is no causal word or fill in gapphrase in the Bible ...all has deep meaning .....thank you ....I await your rejoinder again
https://www.google.no/search?q=watchtower+educational+center&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ng&client=safari&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xZPhWJ-FFo7HsAHHmq3YDg
Check on google or the world's unique website www.jw.org : WATCHTOWER EDUCATIONAL CENTRE you will be amazed at what u will see.
Young man I start by letting u know that here I am a taxpayer in fact i live in a part of the world with the highest tax rate so the talk of a another man's sweat doesn't fit. Rather there is a system in place here due to transparent utilization of public funds for the good of all.32% of my salary is on tax. My tax alone is more than what u earn in months that is if u ve a job. From my calculation if u earn N60000 a month, my tax per month wud be your salary for 5 months and 2 weeks. My wife even pays more cos she earns higher than me. What i earn in a month plus tax is what u may earn in a year or more if u re paid N100000 per month.
Look at ur church's Dominion Publishing House from your church website published a paltry 65 books since its inception of course only in English dem no fit try am in another language. JW since 1896 has been printing Watchtower & afterwards Awake magazines. Currently, Watchtower is 61,651,000 every month in 302 languages. The Awake magazine is 57,561,000 in 271 languages monthly besides books, brochures, booklets, tracts, DVD's, computer programs and of course Bibles entirely on voluntary donations whereas yours is for sale as u guys are "PEDDLERS OF GOD'S WORD (2 Corinthians 2:17) Your books apart from its front cover is coloured all the other pages are black & white which is cost of the cost of 4 color printing. Guy ask a professional printer or a staff of ur publishing company to estimate d cost of our full colored magazines making it so appealing not to talk of ur cheap books which is for sale. Your Dominion House will collapse over night if they attempt to publish 1/32 of what we do only in 1 language. So I wud say for us opening universities is a child's play infact a walk in the park.
The idea of the church sponsoring its members to access it university is not quite a long after public criticism of churches who take advantage of gullible Nigerians to build these schools. Afterall, there were no such plans for that at d beginning. No wonder u re banking on that avenue to send ur son when he gets of age to go there for free if not u can never afford it as most Nigerians.
In the country of the blind the man with one eye is the king so it is because of the rot in all sphere of Nigeria that make Covenant Uni seemingly rise shine. We celebrate mediocrity. It not only laughable but extremely childish that ur Covenant Uni seeks to compare with Harvard haba guy wake up na. Harvard no be UI or UNILAG. In Nigeria Covenant is not even compared with some govt uni or even the least rated university in South Africa lest u talk of Harvard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdrH_pnfEzE
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

It is laughable that a school that aspires to overtake doesn't have a functional health care center. Look at the link below
https://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/04/500lvl-covenant-university-student-dies-because-the-schools-hospital-had-nothing-in-it/
Look at our educational centre and tell me what u see.
https://www.google.no/search?q=watchtower+educational+center&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ng&client=safari&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xZPhWJ-FFo7HsAHHmq3YDg
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2017
First, I have noticed a perculiar kind of deceit with you, you don't sustain an arguement or cleverly choose where to resume, but let me recap our conversations, thus far:

A. Winnners favours large auditorium so they can keep tight control.......I argue that and didn't read anything from you again about your conviction.

B. Our university is expensive and not for our members.......I argued that and never read your rejoinder ........even Tinubu does have a university but is into all profitable business .....Dangote was handed over the BUK college of medicine to upgrade and run, he stylishly backed out....

C. You then moved into our bishop and how he allows his wife to preach and I gave you a 12 track album and bonus from the scripture to debunk you two years old study of the book of 1 Cor 2 in which it never occurred to you that the Apostles was writing g an epistles to a church that was in the s city of Corinth known then as a very licentious and immoral city where the women tried dominating their men folks and to bring order to the body of Christ he gave his instructions on headship.

D. You stated that you are on scholarship and I ask you why it is difficult for your church to run a university for her members, for free...you talked about a system that is transparent......is your church system no longer transparent for her to run a free school for her poor Nigerian disciples? Why should you accept free scholarship from an institution that certainly doesn't believe in your kind of religion ...JW

E. You have brought the issue of the numbers of books published by my church as compared to yours.....firstly, it will be idiotic for my bishop to refer to church pamphlets as books.........what you people distribute when you go for your door to door evangelical are magazines which in my church is left to every local assembly to publish theirs.......standard books are only listed. .....we have firs from the pulpit from Goshen city , we have God at work from Calabar.......dominion started operations in 1992........ please follow this link http://faithtabernacle.org.ng/aboutus/dph/

http://wheretoprintmagazine.com/dominion-publishing-house-commences-mass-production-of-bibles/
In 45 years, remember.

You are yet to highlight what JW did in her first fifty years.

F. You say Yonggi mismanaged money but I ask you if you saw where it was written that one in every ten Koreans are baptized in his church ....your church is fa older but don't have such a record and as a matter of fact, after two hundred years, there is no region of the world where you church is predominant even within the locality where you have your old and new headquarters in America.

G. A university can't be runned on donation....it is a going concern, a business that has obligations.............covenant is ranked third,currently in Africa and if another ranking is done she is definitely going to be two or one in Africa....she is just fifteen.

H. It is more beneficial for me to buy a book that informs of the difference between I and thus says the Lord than have a glossy appear that misinforms about women and teaching the gospel......your people do solicit for money when they give out those flyers and magazines.....even though they don't push it .......the Bible says buy the world and sell it not ......so I buy and pointed it form free that you are mistaken to believ that women that have a say in the house of the almighty that sees us all as one.

I. You have also dabble into our church scholarship scheme , majesterially stating that it was a very recent occurrence but if you had asked you would have discovered that even before the church went into university eduction that her primary and secondary schools were free to qualified members and that tradition was only carried into the university. I don't know if it is because of rot in America that Oral Roberts, Harvard and other Ivy League institutions privately owned came into being or the need to take in as many as is possible into research for the good of their nation.

I believe I have replied the most important statements in your current write up.

NB: Try and be as detailed and follow up on earlier discussions.....don't go about bringing or opening new fronts. Finish one ....if you agree with my rejoinder , state it clearly and don't ......firstly , small church formats like yours discourages splitting or break out unlike the mega church structure of winners and therefore ,it can be impugned that your church deliberately went to for smaller church in order to avoid somebody running off with a sizable mebership, .......Nigeria is a case study ...why has she refused to go regional .....fear of powerful bloc emerging from some of the regions .............leadership of a mega church makes you more popular and liked and therefore prone to moving out for your own interest............discuss

Nigeriadondie:

Check on google or the world's unique website www.jw.org : WATCHTOWER EDUCATIONAL CENTRE you will be amazed at what u will see.
Young man I start by letting u know that here I am a taxpayer in fact i live in a part of the world with the highest tax rate so the talk of a another man's sweat doesn't fit. Rather there is a system in place here due to transparent utilization of public funds for the good of all.32% of my salary is on tax. My tax alone is more than what u earn in months that is if u ve a job. From my calculation if u earn N60000 a month, my tax per month wud be your salary for 5 months and 2 weeks. My wife even pays more cos she earns higher than me. What i earn in a month plus tax is what u may earn in a year or more if u re paid N100000 per month.
Look at ur church's Dominion Publishing House from your church website published a paltry 65 books since its inception of course only in English dem no fit try am in another language. JW since 1896 has been printing Watchtower & afterwards Awake magazines. Currently, Watchtower is 61,651,000 every month in 302 languages. The Awake magazine is 57,561,000 in 271 languages monthly besides books, brochures, booklets, tracts, DVD's, computer programs and of course Bibles entirely on voluntary donations whereas yours is for sale as u guys are "PEDDLERS OF GOD'S WORD (2 Corinthians 2:17) Your books apart from its front cover is coloured all the other pages are black & white which is cost of the cost of 4 color printing. Guy ask a professional printer or a staff of ur publishing company to estimate d cost of our full colored magazines making it so appealing not to talk of ur cheap books which is for sale. Your Dominion House will collapse over night if they attempt to publish 1/32 of what we do only in 1 language. So I wud say for us opening universities is a child's play infact a walk in the park.
The idea of the church sponsoring its members to access it university is not quite a long after public criticism of churches who take advantage of gullible Nigerians to build these schools. Afterall, there were no such plans for that at d beginning. No wonder u re banking on that avenue to send ur son when he gets of age to go there for free if not u can never afford it as most Nigerians.
In the country of the blind the man with one eye is the king so it is because of the rot in all sphere of Nigeria that make Covenant Uni seemingly rise shine. We celebrate mediocrity. It not only laughable but extremely childish that ur Covenant Uni seeks to compare with Harvard haba guy wake up na. Harvard no be UI or UNILAG. In Nigeria Covenant is not even compared with some govt uni or even the least rated university in South Africa lest u talk of Harvard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdrH_pnfEzE
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:35am On Apr 08, 2017
Nodogragra4me:
First, I have noticed a perculiar kind of deceit with you, you don't sustain an arguement or cleverly choose where to resume, but let me recap our conversations, thus far:

A. Winnners favours large auditorium so they can keep tight control.......I argue that and didn't read anything from you again about your conviction.

B. Our university is expensive and not for our members.......I argued that and never read your rejoinder ........even Tinubu does have a university but is into all profitable business .....Dangote was handed over the BUK college of medicine to upgrade and run, he stylishly backed out....

C. You then moved into our bishop and how he allows his wife to preach and I gave you a 12 track album and bonus from the scripture to debunk you two years old study of the book of 1 Cor 2 in which it never occurred to you that the Apostles was writing g an epistles to a church that was in the s city of Corinth known then as a very licentious and immoral city where the women tried dominating their men folks and to bring order to the body of Christ he gave his instructions on headship.

D. You stated that you are on scholarship and I ask you why it is difficult for your church to run a university for her members, for free...you talked about a system that is transparent......is your church system no longer transparent for her to run a free school for her poor Nigerian disciples? Why should you accept free scholarship from an institution that certainly doesn't believe in your kind of religion ...JW

E. You have brought the issue of the numbers of books published by my church as compared to yours.....firstly, it will be idiotic for my bishop to refer to church pamphlets as books.........what you people distribute when you go for your door to door evangelical are magazines which in my church is left to every local assembly to publish theirs.......standard books are only listed. .....we have firs from the pulpit from Goshen city , we have God at work from Calabar.......dominion started operations in 1992........ please follow this link http://faithtabernacle.org.ng/aboutus/dph/

http://wheretoprintmagazine.com/dominion-publishing-house-commences-mass-production-of-bibles/
In 45 years, remember.

F. You say Yonggi mismanaged money but I ask you if you saw where it was written that one in every ten Koreans are baptized in his church ....your church is fa older but don't have such a record and as a matter of fact, after two hundred years, there is no region of the world where you church is predominant even within the locality where you have your old and new headquarters in America.

G. A university can't be runned on donation....it is a going concern, a business that has obligations.............covenant is ranked third,currently in Africa and if another ranking is done she is definitely going to be two or one in Africa....she is just fifteen.

H. It is more beneficial for me to buy a book that informs of the difference between I and thus says the Lord than have a glossy appear that misinforms about women and teaching the gospel......your people do solicit for money when they give out those flyers and magazines.....even though they don't push it .......the Bible says buy the world and sell it not ......so I buy and pointed it form free that you are mistaken to believ that women that have a say in the house of the almighty that sees us all as one.

I. You have also dabble into our church scholarship scheme , majesterially stating that it was a very recent occurrence but if you had asked you would have discovered that even before the church went into university eduction that her primary and secondary schools were free to qualified members and that tradition was only carried into the university. I don't know if it is because of rot in America that Oral Roberts, Harvard and other Ivy League institutions privately owned came into being or the need to take in as many as is possible into research for the good of their nation.

I believe I have replied the most important statements in your current write up.

NB: Try and be as detailed and follow up on earlier discussions.....don't go about bringing or opening new fronts. Finish one ....if you agree with my rejoinder , state it clearly and don't ......firstly , small church formats like yours discourages splitting or break out unlike the mega church structure of winners and therefore ,it can be impugned that your church deliberately went to for smaller church in order to avoid somebody running off with a sizable mebership, .......Nigeria is a case study ...why has she refused to go regional .....fear of powerful bloc emerging from some of the regions .............leadership of a mega church makes you more popular and liked and therefore prone to moving out for your own interest............discuss

I will answer u every point of yours point by point.
A. The large auditorium is a strategy to maintain firm grip on it members. U know well that d creation of states never weakened d power of the centre as there were measures to make d states rely on d centre.
If not tell me why u ve ur annual shiloh programme in Ota ur church member living in Maiduguri wud ve to make a long ardous journey to Ota which is so strenous physically, financially and otherwise. The toll wud be higher if he had a family with children. Why not have such centre at locations across d country closer to members so it is convenient for all to attend? Obviously he learnt a hard lesson from his experience with d Ghanian branch.
http://www.panapress.com/Ghana-branch-of-Nigeria-based-church-threatens-split--13-549164-17-lang1-index.html

http://www.panapress.com/Ghana-Pentecostal-Council-demands-resignation-of-Bishop--13-549439-17-lang1-index.html

https://books.google.no/books?id=3fPI7YmOaS8C&pg=PA218&lpg=PA218&dq=winners+chapel+dispute+with+ghana+branch&source=bl&ots=7WGZxfK9OC&sig=fmL_XU3hRBZ5EdEPh7Fh5u-If-M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi31Pm0vJPTAhXIIpoKHWSNAysQ6AEISTAH#v=onepage&q=winners%20chapel%20dispute%20with%20ghana%20branch&f=false
It is obvious he learnt from his Ghana branch experience. So he cant afford to lose his PERSONAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT
Look at his counterpart TB Joshua that has one branch. Why not spread out?
It is clear this men have made God's house "a cave of robbers" Mark 11:15-17, Jeremiah 7:11
This link below calls him PASTORPRENEUR who cajoles people to fund his lavish lifestyle with ur tithes. It is laughable u boast of jets and other investment that u ve have share but only share to finance it exposing how gullible you all are.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html
The greed of these men stinks and no wonder Jesus whom they profess to follow will denounce them in future as Matthew 7:21-23

http://www.ghanamma.com/2013/08/23/winners-chapel-pastor-arrested-for-stealing-says-god-instructed-him/

B. Must all wealthy men open universities? Do they have same area of interests in what to invest in? Trump has a university does it mean that Bill Gates must do same? Atiku & Joseph Ayo Babalola has university so must Tinubu invest there? Besides there is no truth in what said that Dangote was called to run a faculty of BUK. That is a blantant lie. For crying out loud that cant happen to state university talkless of a federal university.

C. While women obviously created in God's image and also used by Jehovah in the past, present & in d future, contributed greatly to d spread of the gospel they never held leadership position in d church.
Gal 3:26-28; Acts 1:13-15; 2:1-4,13-18; Phil 4:2,3 women were anointed by holy spirit like their male counterparts with a heavenly reward as stated in Rev 14:1-3 to rule with Christ as kings over the earth which Rev 5:9,10; 20:4. These anointed Christians constitute d new heavens in 2 Peter 3:13. This was long prophesied that Christ wud not rule alone in Daniel 7:13,14,27. Obviously if they are to rule they must ve subjects they will rule over which are d vast majority of faithful christians who wud survive d impending great tribulation Rev 7:9,10 which Jesus talked anout in Matt 24:21,22. These ones are d ones that makes up the new earth 2 Peter 3:13 that wud be ruled over. Psalms 37:9-11,29. The earth wud always be inhabited Ecclesiastes 1:4; Isaiah 45:18. It is that kingdom u pray for to come to do God's will here on earth.
NEVER was any mention of women teaching in d church not even d wives of d apostles who were married. Acts 18:26 shows that Priscilla in company of her husband readjusted Apollos views PRIVATELY IN THEIR HOME not in d church. This is clear harmony with d instruction in 1 Corinthians 14:34,35. On the day of Pentecost no women gave d speech even though they were present that day only Peter a male did.
Acts 6:1-6 shows that d administration of d church was entirely a male affair.
Also decision about doctrines were presided entirely by men. Acts11:29,30; 15:6,7,22,23 also Acts 16:4.
Paul's letter to christians in Ephesus shows same Ephesians 4:8,11 a prophesy from Psalms 68:8 MEN ONLY
The mention of Phoebe in Romans 16:1,2 u need to read other translations. In King James & American Standard versions it used "servant". Reference Bible used "minister" but if read d footnote u read "female attendant". Infact in the Greek word for deacon "diakonas" was never used in d female gender.
This is contrast with what u read in 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9 where bishop which comes from d Greek word "episkopas" meaning watcher or overseer of flocks. Acts 20:28. Paul again used male gender. James 5:13,14. In Philipians 1:1 Paul talked of all d holy ones which may include both sexes before he mentioned bishops and deacons.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 2:48am On Apr 08, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

In 45 years, remember.

The church is part of the problem of this doomed nation. It wealth is financed not only with tactics to fleece people but also from proceeds from corruption.
http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/17/witness-tells-court-how-bishop-oyedepos-church-got-n35m-army-general-involved-n197b-fraud

http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/10/16/nigerian-pastors-fleece-believers-usa-style-bishop-david-oyedepo-owns-a-gulfstream-jet-and-several-bmws/
Oyedepo's assets is not your assets. Be deceiving yourself with "our". You only have a share in financing not in ownership.
Also consider below.
The intent of d 1 Corinthians chapter 5 not 2 was not about women trying to dominate men but about the danger of sexual immorality which was prevalent in d surrounding creeping into d congregation and becoming a norm. He was emphasizing that a tough stance had to be taken especially about associating with immoral christians especially if they still remain unrepentant who should be expelled from the congregation so they dont pollute others.
I dont tire for now. I will respond to your other points later
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 7:30am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

The church is part of the problem of this doomed nation. It wealth is financed not only with tactics to fleece people but also from proceeds from corruption.
http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/17/witness-tells-court-how-bishop-oyedepos-church-got-n35m-army-general-involved-n197b-fraud

http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/10/16/nigerian-pastors-fleece-believers-usa-style-bishop-david-oyedepo-owns-a-gulfstream-jet-and-several-bmws/
Oyedepo's assets is not your assets. Be deceiving yourself with "our". You only have a share in financing not in ownership.
Also consider below.
The intent of d 1 Corinthians chapter 5 not 2 was not about women trying to dominate men but about the danger of sexual immorality which was prevalent in d surrounding creeping into d congregation and becoming a norm. He was emphasizing that a tough stance had to be taken especially about associating with immoral christians especially if they still remain unrepentant who should be expelled from the congregation so they dont pollute others.

People like you are the greatest enemies of the church.

You quoted links of weighty allegations against the man of God that have long been clarified to be false because such allegations give you joy, and something to write about in support of your hatred. If he had sued these publishers for defamation now, you would have cried foul; saying that a man of God should forgive.

If I were the Bishop, I would have sued Sahara Reporters since for billions of Damages.

See their publications: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption, http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/17/witness-tells-court-how-bishop-oyedepos-church-got-n35m-army-general-involved-n197b-fraud.

After verification, all are always false:

http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/28/bishop-oyedepos-winners-chapel-not-probe-uk-government/

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/13/bishop-oyedepo-floors-stock-broker-court-n1-86bn-suit/

http://www.divanaija.com.ng/never-banned-david-oyedepo-uk-government/

http://www..com/talk/topic,270180.0.html.

By the way, someone brings weighty allegations against me without valid evidences and you accept it and immediately promote it online without verifying, I denied it, and you still didn't agree with me or even care to do proper verification, I drag the publisher to the authorities (police or court) to prove his allegations beyond reasonable doubt and you still turn to blame me not to be a true follower of God; who then are you?? My friend, you are a DEVIL.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Also consider below.

You are arguing against yourself ....Your initial writing was against women headship of church and you cited Paul's epistle to buttress it and I Argued contrary to your submission and gave you several scriptures and now you are re explaining what I already stated that Corinth was a licentious city. Hence Paul's instruction on headship of the church

Oyedepo assets is not my assets and so also is that of JW not yours.......I gladly share in financing even today....Transport division of my local church .......But for the undiluted teaching of the word in that church I would have agreed with you on face value basis that women ought not to head God's work .....So I gladly give so others will come and be taught the true position of the scripture.

naijagists.com/uk-clears-bishop-oyedepo-winners-chapel-london-of-16-million-financial-misappropriation-allegations-raised-by-investigative-journalist/
www.nairaland.com/2468407/uk-clears-bishop-oyedepo-winners
encomium.ng/bishop-oyedepo-debunks-being-barred-from-the-uk/

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/10/21/where-uks-daily-mail-goofed-on-bishop-david-oyedepo-and-winners-ministries/

Am army general gave a church, Winners 35m. You don't take your giving to any pastor of a large church , you give it in the normal course of service as either cash, cheque or electronic transfer and to God be the glory , I have used all three means.......My local pastor knows me only because my branch is small.

As for jet, that has always been in the news and Winners are happy that the head is able to go round the world without encumbrances of delayed flights.....The day he visited my local branch with Abioye in attendance , he flew in from another part of the world while Abioye came from Abuja .... When he was leaving the next day he was headed for another destination while Abioye headed in another destination in their private jets.......It has made it easier for them.

Itemize the landmarks of JW in her first 100 years.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Let me stick to salient issues

The large auditorium is a strategy to maintain firm grip on it members. U know well that d creation of states never weakened d power of the centre as there were measures to make d states rely on d centre.

Answer: the point I raised was that the government settled for states rather than regional government in order to ikute the powers of the region and using it to explain something about your mega church structure stated that if bishop oyedepo wanted to ensure that pastors don't have it easy when they decide to go their ways , he would have adopted your twenty member structure.....It only takes a fool to broke rank with a church of just twenty or less member with the intent of opening another ......How do you get the membership strength that will be able to underwrite the operating cost of the church let alone your personal expenses .....In Winners you have pastors heading a 10,000 capacity church, 5000, 2000, and 100 member capacity church.......The day pastor Ayo broked out of Church of God Mission he was accompanied by a membership size that existing churches could only wish for becphe was Pastor of the largest branch outside the headquarters of the church

A church with a firm grip starts by ensuring that there is no identiable or strong personality in any other branch and they do this by deliberately selling the notion that everyone can just preach ,everyone can do it even though it is not scriptural for the Bible tells us the He will gives us Pastors after his own heart.....And the apostles represented the first set of leaders after Jesus christ.

If not tell me why u ve ur annual shiloh programme in Ota ur church member living in Maiduguri wud ve to make a long ardous journey to Ota which is so strenous physically, financially and otherwise. The toll wud be higher if he had a family with children. Why not have such centre at locations across d country closer to members so it is convenient for all to attend? Obviously he learnt a hard lesson from his experience with d Ghanian branch.

Answer: Joshua 18:1

New International Version
The whole assembly of the Israelites gathered at Shiloh and set up the tent of meeting there. The country was brought under their control,

New Living Translation
Now that the land was under Israelite control, the entire community of Israel gathered at Shiloh and set up the Tabernacle.

English Standard Version
Then the whole congregation of the people of Israel assembled at Shiloh and set up the tent of meeting there. The land lay subdued before them.

New American Standard Bible
Then the whole congregation of the sons of Israel assembled themselves at Shiloh, and set up the tent of meeting there; and the land was subdued before them.

King James Bible
And the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled together at Shiloh, and set up the tabernacle of the congregation there. And the land was subdued before them.

Aside the above, I have never been to Ota but have participated in all Shiloh since I joined the great commission. Every Shiloh is beamed live....You don't imagine that the grounds of Ota will accommodate all Winners, worldwide.

King James Version
In the multitude of people is the king's honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.

Darby Bible Translation
In the multitude of people is the king's glory; but in the lack of people is the ruin of a prince.

World English Bible
In the multitude of people is the king's glory, but in the lack of people is the destruction of the prince.

Young's Literal Translation
In the multitude of a people is the honour of a king, And in lack of people the ruin of a prince.

Proverbs 14:28 Parallel
Megachurch:

When you have new fronts I will deal with them. ...... He died so that we can reign here on the earth as king and as priest

Hope you saw the new headquarters complex being undertaken by the church you claimed to be empty during service....100,000 capacity church, 10,000 teen section.

Nigeriadondie:

I will answer u every point of yours point by point.
A. The large auditorium is a strategy to maintain firm grip on it members. U know well that d creation of states never weakened d power of the centre as there were measures to make d states rely on d centre.
http://www.panapress.com/Ghana-branch-of-Nigeria-based-church-threatens-split--13-549164-17-lang1-index.html

http://www.panapress.com/Ghana-Pentecostal-Council-demands-resignation-of-Bishop--13-549439-17-lang1-index.html

https://books.google.no/books?id=3fPI7YmOaS8C&pg=PA218&lpg=PA218&dq=winners+chapel+dispute+with+ghana+branch&source=bl&ots=7WGZxfK9OC&sig=fmL_XU3hRBZ5EdEPh7Fh5u-If-M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi31Pm0vJPTAhXIIpoKHWSNAysQ6AEISTAH#v=onepage&q=winners%20chapel%20dispute%20with%20ghana%20branch&f=false
It is obvious he learnt from his Ghana branch experience. So he cant afford to lose his PERSONAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT
Look at his counterpart TB Joshua that has one branch. Why not spread out?
It is clear this men have made God's house "a cave of robbers" Mark 11:15-17, Jeremiah 7:11
This link below calls him PASTORPRENEUR who cajoles people to fund his lavish lifestyle with ur tithes. It is laughable u boast of jets and other investment that u ve have share but only share to finance it exposing how gullible you all are.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html
The greed of these men stinks and no wonder Jesus whom they profess to follow will denounce them in future as Matthew 7:21-23

http://www.ghanamma.com/2013/08/23/winners-chapel-pastor-arrested-for-stealing-says-god-instructed-him/

B. Must all wealthy men open universities? Do they have same area of interests in what to invest in? Trump has a university does it mean that Bill Gates must do same? Atiku & Joseph Ayo Babalola has university so must Tinubu invest there? Besides there is no truth in what said that Dangote was called to run a faculty of BUK. That is a blantant lie. For crying out loud that cant happen to state university talkless of a federal university.

C. While women obviously created in God's image and also used by Jehovah in the past, present & in d future, contributed greatly to d spread of the gospel they never held leadership position in d church.
Gal 3:26-28; Acts 1:13-15; 2:1-4,13-18; Phil 4:2,3 women were anointed by holy spirit like their male counterparts with a heavenly reward as stated in Rev 14:1-3 to rule with Christ as kings over the earth which Rev 5:9,10; 20:4. These anointed Christians constitute d new heavens in 2 Peter 3:13. This was long prophesied that Christ wud not rule alone in Daniel 7:13,14,27. Obviously if they are to rule they must ve subjects they will rule over which are d vast majority of faithful christians who wud survive d impending great tribulation Rev 7:9,10 which Jesus talked anout in Matt 24:21,22. These ones are d ones that makes up the new earth 2 Peter 3:13 that wud be ruled over. Psalms 37:9-11,29. The earth wud always be inhabited Ecclesiastes 1:4; Isaiah 45:18. It is that kingdom u pray for to come to do God's will here on earth.
NEVER was any mention of women teaching in d church not even d wives of d apostles who were married. Acts 18:26 shows that Priscilla in company of her husband readjusted Apollos views PRIVATELY IN THEIR HOME not in d church. This is clear harmony with d instruction in 1 Corinthians 14:34,35. On the day of Pentecost no women gave d speech even though they were present that day only Peter a male did.
Acts 6:1-6 shows that d administration of d church was entirely a male affair.
Also decision about doctrines were presided entirely by men. Acts11:29,30; 15:6,7,22,23 also Acts 16:4.
Paul's letter to christians in Ephesus shows same Ephesians 4:8,11 a prophesy from Psalms 68:8 MEN ONLY
The mention of Phoebe in Romans 16:1,2 u need to read other translations. In King James & American Standard versions it used "servant". Reference Bible used "minister" but if read d footnote u read "female attendant". Infact in the Greek word for deacon "diakonas" was never used in d female gender.
This is contrast with what u read in 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9 where bishop which comes from d Greek word "episkopas" meaning watcher or overseer of flocks. Acts 20:28. Paul again used male gender. James 5:13,14. In Philipians 1:1 Paul talked of all d holy ones which may include both sexes before he mentioned bishops and deacons.

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
TheVictorious:

People like you are the greatest enemies of the church.

You quoted links of weighty allegations against the man of God that have long been clarified to be false because such allegations give you joy, and something to write about in support of your hatred. If he had sued these publishers for defamation now, you would have cried foul; saying that a man of God should forgive.

If I were the Bishop, I would have sued Sahara Reporters since for billions of Damages.

See their publications: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption, http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/17/witness-tells-court-how-bishop-oyedepos-church-got-n35m-army-general-involved-n197b-fraud.

After verification, all are always false:

http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/28/bishop-oyedepos-winners-chapel-not-probe-uk-government/

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/13/bishop-oyedepo-floors-stock-broker-court-n1-86bn-suit/

http://www.divanaija.com.ng/never-banned-david-oyedepo-uk-government/

http://www..com/talk/topic,270180.0.html.

By the way, someone brings weighty allegations against me without valid evidences and you accept it and immediately promote it online without verifying, I denied it, and you still didn't agree with me or even care to do proper verification, I drag the publisher to the authorities (police or court) to prove his allegations beyond reasonable doubt and you still turn to blame me not to be a true follower of God; who then are you?? My friend, you are a DEVIL.
Why call me your friend if I am a Devil. Then u re a friend of the Devil. Well I start by saying that it is u and Daddy GO and Mummy GO that are the Devils. U re a fool and pawn to be used to advanced the business investment of the pastorpreneur. What u call church is nothing but the body of the Devil and I speak against these "god of men" who nothing but predators preying on gullible idiots like u. It is the height of the gullibility of people like that makes their exploitative ministry thrive only in Africa. They are smart conmen who take advantage of the failure of government at all levels in every respect to build empires for themselves that is y they flourish here rather than in Europe and America where they claim to ve branches. And I notice in these their branches outside Africa it is only dominated by Nigerians and perharps few Africans in US and London in d links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOf7LwQxiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V0ziHAOVHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofio0XUkJ8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezse0rWWgvE
Look at those videos u will see that u brag to ve branches in the moon but the video says it all. But compare it with JWs in d links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqUXvXBLafY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940mWmd4Wlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnJMDFhFjlI
U can see humans from all races truly an international brotherhood. 1 Peter 5:9.
Concerning the history of JW and their accomplishment over d years then download the app JW Library on ur device then go to books and then click on the book "God's Kingdom Rules" u will get a complete history of our organization, our challenges, effort,successes some of which are taught in some courses in the university especially as we fared in WWII like a nairalander refered u to. The book is an update of the older book "Jehovah's Witnesses- Proclaimers of God's Kingdom"
As for the issue of university u demostrated a great deal of stupidity where i can see ur obssession about ur church establishing universities and asking me why i didnt attend a JW university. U ve a child whom u say u re expecting to grow up to attend the university. I guess that ur child is in pry or high school. Is that child of yours in any Winners School at present? Are all kids of parents attending Living Faith Church in schools owned by ur church? I recall a school called Faith Academy in Asaba with high fees many of ur members are not there. I know that sch cos inonce lived and worked in Asaba before i left for Lagos and finally out. So u will wear clothes sewn by church with textile material made by ur church, purchase food items cultivated from fields owned by ur church, drink, bath and cook with water anointed by ur god Oyedepo and wife
For ur information let me inform u I am not on scholarship cos I am currently living in a country with school at ALL LEVELS is free. I mean tuition free not scholarship cos for scholarship it is an award to someone based on certain criteria to get educated usually in a fee paying institution though not all. So get it clear in virtually all Scandinavian countries education is free even not only to citizens but foreigners including u but mind u cost of living is high here so accomomdation and feeding may be a problem. Though in Sweden since 2011 or earlier i cant recall precisely it became no longer free to persons outside Nordic and EU countries. Also d problem of language as most of their first degree if not all in their respective languages which are almost similar but most postgraduate programmes u ve the option if doing it in English.
https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/choosing-university/why-study-scandinavian-university
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 14, 2017
Don't know about other places but here in Rivers its definitely RCCG.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 14, 2017
1234onyekwe:
All this one wee una talk na lie, na salvation ministries full ground.

Salvation ministries is gradually taking over PH, but they haven't gotten there yet. Not to talk of taking over Rivers, SS and Naija at large.

Way back Anglican and Baptist use to be the in thing in PH. The Ogonis joined the Ibos to boost Catholic followership, then the pentecostal thing came up with a bang, before Redeem took over and is still dominant in the number of parishes spread across the city and state.
Salvation ministries is gradually towing the path of RCCG.
We dey watch!
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

In 45 years, remember.

Which businesses does tinibu have?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wedding Anniversary Of His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 330
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.