Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? (12686 Views)

"Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2017
God has many names to describe His qualities and capabilities. Which one is your favourate? I heard one in church this morning that is still ringing in my spirit: AROGUNJO meaning He that continues to dance despite the noise and clamour of War! Wao!!

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ifenes(m): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2017
durodee:
God has many names to describe His qualities and capabilities. Which one is your favourate? I heard one in church this morning that is still ringing in my spirit: AROGUNJO meaning He that continues to dance despite the noise and clamour of War! Wao!!

You can see how man creates gods. You think that type of god exist? What about I give it "Meat Eater" a god who loves eating meat, including human meat? Gods will continue to exist as long as humans see the need for one.
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by dingbang(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2017
The Alpha and Omega

The Prince of Peace

The Teacher

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 9:59am On Mar 26, 2017
People describe God sometimes from their experience. That does not always mean they are right or wrong. It is just their experience. I am sorry your experience is still limited to the realm of gods or a need to create one. I am just asking folks their favourate name to describe THE ALMIGHTY GOD!
ifenes:

You can see how man creates gods. You think that type of god exist? What about I give it "Meat Eater" a god who loves eating meat, including human meat? Gods will continue to exist as long as humans see the need for one.

17 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ifenes(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2017
durodee:
People describe God sometimes from their experience. That does not always mean they are right or wrong. It is just their experience. I am sorry your experience is still limited to the realm of gods or a need to create one. I am just asking folks their favourate name to describe THE ALMIGHTY GOD!

Basically you mean people describe gods from personal experience. You do know we all have different experiences with life. The hungry dude will call his god " a great provider". The improsoned guy will call his god " the one who bails you out of prison". We are humans with personal needs and since we have been told we are limited, we thus created god with out minds.

"THE UNKILLABLE I AM THAT I AM" that is my name, I don't have to give that to a god.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by hahn(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Jehovah the god of tragedy

It loves seeing people suffer and die of poverty and disease

Jehovah the god of suya

It can created a place where humans will burn for eternity just so it can smell suya

Jehovah the god of incompetence

It never does anything. Never around when you need it and cannot light an ordinary light bulb

Modified

Jehovah the god of confusion

Christians are so confused of their religion that they have 30,000 denominations and cannot agree with each other on the interpretations of most of the scriptures in the bible. Yes, it is Jehovah's will they remain confused

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ifenes(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Jehovah the god of suya

It can created a place where humans will burn for eternity just so it can smell suya

It never does anything. Never around when you need it and cannot light an ordinary light bulb

Wow you are bad grin. You are right tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Good to know that you already know that you dont have the complete picture of God, otherwise you will NOT be browsing through the RELIGION section of Nairaland. I am sure you will get there one day! All the best!!
hahn:

Jehovah the god of suya

19 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ezechueze(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2017
None
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by nattyGENT: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Akwa Edidem

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Science

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by TINALETC3(f): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
angry damn!! I felt so bad reading dis
hahn:

Jehovah the god of suya

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Adios!
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ALAYORMII: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2017
Alayormii

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by jamexborn(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2017
Ella
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Epositive(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2017
olorun gbangba

olorun fenfe

olorun porogodo

olorun ribiti

olorun kanjan kanjan cheesy

gbangba gbangba! janran janran! fenfe fenfe! iba o iba

tope alabi no go kee person grin grin grin

#positivevibes

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by 0b10010011: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Jehovah the god of suya

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2017
God has only one unique name JEHOVAH

Any other thing you like to call him are just TITLES or preferably nicknames

At least know the difference

And give him his befitting name & recognition

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by walls01: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2017
ifenes:

need for one?
how then all the things we see came into existence
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ultrazone(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2017
Kabiyesi, Akoda Aye, Ajagunmatidi, Ajagunmaweyin, Adake dajo, Apata ayeraye, Arugbo Ojo, Atofeyinti, Alade Ogo, Asoro gbamu, Gbanigbani ni’jo ogun le, Atofarati bi oke, Oluwa awon oluwa, Aduro gboingboin lehin asotito, Afunni ma s’iregun, Agabalagba Oye, Owibee sebee, Abe ti lu kara bi ajere, Olorun ti o yipada, Ologojulo, Ogbagba ti ngb’ara adugbo, Ogbeja k’eru o ba onija, Oba toto bi aro, Akikitan, Iwo lolugbeja omo orukan, Awamaridi, Awimayehun, Jagunjagun Ode Orun, Ijinle Ife, Atererekariayeeeeeee

Mimo, Mimo, Mimo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by odehaj: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2017
Obadabada

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by keryj(f): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
Jehovah my mentor

The alfa and omega

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by kevoh(m): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
Which of the gods? undecided I only know Osanobua!
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
TINALETC3:
Eeeeyaaaah
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by royalnose: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
Jehovah El Shaddai

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
doG
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by EazyMoh(m): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
God or Jesus?
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by ifenes(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
walls01:

need for one?
how then all the things we see came into existence

They are all illusions bro, works of our minds.
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Blackfire(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
Yoruba; adake dajo.

Igbo; ogbara nkiti okwu juru onu ya

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
He doesn't exist, anyways, I'd describe him as;

1) The psychic -
2) The vampire -
3) The zombie -
4) The incompetent -

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by odehaj: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
TINALETC3:
me too...sad!
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Onyemadonald(m): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2017
Allah

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Idolatry To Use Pastors' Pictures On Church Banners? / How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.