Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe (1000 Views)

Obaseki Vandalizing Edo Assembly Complex To Impose Illegal Minority Rule – APC / Why Do Igbos Think Yoruba Will Leave Osinbajo For Fayose In 2019? / Why Do Igbos Think Every Other Tribe Hates Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by naijabadoo(m): 11:11am On Mar 26, 2017
see also >>>
https://gistpage.com.ng/thread/post/26-03-17-igbos-think-politics-is-business-they

The Publicity Secretary of All Progressives
Congress, APC, in Lagos State, Joe Igbokwe
has explained why an Igbo man is yet to be
elected president of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria.

Igbokwe explained that Igbos shot themselves
in the leg during the 1993 presidential
election when they failed to queue behind
the acclaimed winner, MKO Abiola.

According to him, that single action pitched
the Yoruba against them after the polls.

He said the people of the region failed to
realize that politics was not business and can
never be equated with business, which they
were only good at.

Speaking with Vanguard, the APC chieftain
believed that until Igbos woke up from the
slumber, they would continue to lament and
see the Presidential Villa from the mountain
top.

He said, “Until the Igbo wake up from their
slumber, they will not realise the need for
cooperation.

The 1993 presidential election
provided the Igbo the opportunity to cement
their relationship with the South-West
because we needed to bridge that gap.

“The North was able to actualize the
annulment of that election because the Igbo
failed to stand with the Yoruba.

It was only a
few of us who stood with Abiola – myself,
Ndubuisi Kanu, Payne Jackson – among
others.

When we put the issue before our
people, they claimed that the Igbo had fought
their own civil war and that it was the turn
of the Yoruba to fight their own.

“I like the ruggedness of the Yoruba. While
the Yoruba were confronting their issues, the
Igbo were busy clapping and that is why we
warned them that if with the sophistication
of Yoruba leaders and this was happening to
them, the Igbo weren’t safe.”

Asked if the Igbos have the hope of ruling
Nigeria soon, Igbokwe said, “they don’t
understand Nigerian politics and that is my
problem with them. Nigerian politics is not
business.

After the demise of Yar Adua, what
I expected the Igbo to do was to ask Jonathan
to finish the four years of Yar Adua and allow
the North to have their eight years.

“And by 2015, the President would have come
to the South-East.

They (Igbo) were cajoled
with the belief that no one could defeat the
incumbent.”

#GistPage Igbos think politics is business, they may never rule Nigeria – APC spokesman, Igbokwe => https://gistpage.com.ng/thread/post/26-03-17-igbos-think-politics-is-business-they

1 Like

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by successmatters(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2017
Who cares?

All the tribes ruling since the past 57 years, how market?

Does it stop the armies of almajiris and litany of beggars from filling up the north?

or does it stop ritual killing to make money and save their families from hunger in Ondo and yorubaland?

Did all the years yoruba ruled made then to even pay common salaries.

We need Biafra Mr Igbokwe

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:
Who cares?

Does it stop the armies of almajiris and litany of beggars from filling up the north?

or does it stop ritual killing to make money and save their families from hunger in Ondo and yorubaland?

Well said!!!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Akissani: 11:32am On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:
Who cares?

e pain am

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Cooly100: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Akissani:
e pain am

How far about OBJ for SW? He only created few millionaires for the 8 years he was there..and that was it. Is that the same thing you want when even Joe Igbokwe becomes president of Igbo extraction in 2023? No way. We need far-reaching structural changes.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Has any of the past presidents wiped out poverty from their state?

So nothing mega

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Bridget95(f): 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mr Joe yorubakwe, GEJ decided to run for presidency and not igbos decided to run for presidency.

Igbos have supported others to the presidency and nobody drumed igbo support.

leave igbos out of it.we all know that there is a gang up against igbos since 1970 and that gang up is DOA .
igbos don't give a hoot about the presidency because there is a clarion call for self determination.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
Mr Joe yorubakwe, GEJ decided to run for presidency and not igbos decided to run for presidency.

Igbos have supported others to the presidency and nobody drumed igbo support.

leave igbos out of it.we all know that there is a gang up against igbos since 1970 and that gang up is DOA .
igbos don't give a hoot about the presidency because there is a clarion call for self determination.

I will like to marry you
kiss grin
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by helinues: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
I think Joe is wrong this time. Igbo's are not the only tribe that plays neutral during that time and Yoruba's don't play politics of sentiment. I do not think we hold any grudges with anyone as per 1993 MKO election

1 Like

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by naijabadoo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
helinues:
I think Joe is wrong this time. Igbo's are not the only tribe that plays neutral during that time and Yoruba's don't play politics of sentiment. I do not think we hold any grudges with anyone as per 1993 MKO election

naija
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by RobbStark(m): 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
As someone frm the South Side of the country, I dont think Mr. Igbokwe made sense in wat he said concerning the Igbos and the presidency.
I heard the man was chased out of Igbo land.
Pls Igbo guys here do confirm the story.

The Igbos rite now are not interested in the president of Naija. They want Biafra and Mr. sellout shud know that.
Soon we too will have our own Niger Delta Republic.

Jus wanna say happy Mothers day to all our Nland members who are mothers and those who wud be in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by profhezekiah: 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:
Who cares?

may God heal U, U wouldnt die of hatred

1 Like

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by HiddenShadow: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
RobbStark:
As someone frm the South Side of the country, I dont think Mr. Igbokwe made sense in wat he said concerning the Igbos and the presidency.
I heard the man was chased out of Igbo land.
Pls Igbo guys here do confirm the story.

The Igbos rite now are not interested in the president of Naija. They want Biafra and Mr. sellout shud know that.
Soon we too will have our own Niger Delta Republic.

Jus wanna say happy Mothers day to all our Nland members who are mothers and those who wud be in the future.

Despite holding power, Northerners are still ravaged by poverty and the roofs of some people are still brown angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by HiddenShadow: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:
. Beremx is a mother.I hate that she got married to a Muslim inspector .she is from IMO state.tag her and do the congratulation.she is a mother of two.her husband's name is inspector Salisiu Hassan

No wonder

I won't be surprised if she is an ..........
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Emycord: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Na north take politics as biz o
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Beremx(f): 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:
. Beremx is a mother.I hate that she got married to a Muslim inspector .she is from IMO state.tag her and do the congratulation.she is a mother of two.her husband's name is inspector Salisiu Hassan
Muslim inspector indeed. You're really crazy!! grin

Lol at inspector salisiu Hassan. Hahahahaha
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Biafman: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
This yoruba mad dog again? Who ever told him Igbos ever want to rule the zoo called nigeria? How can you rule a zoo where it's inhabitants doesn't think nor reason? When has the Igbos stopped looking up to creating their Biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by SGTsmith001: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Beremx:
Muslim inspector indeed. You're really crazy!! grin

Lol at inspector salisiu Hassan. Hahahahaha
. you think we don't know you beremx?we have got a lot of Intel's about you .happy mothers day nwanyi oma
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Igbokwe has said the truth and nothing but the truth.
To the hypocrites saying they don't care, you are not being honest with yourselves.
The Igbos and their political elites wants to be Nigeria President. It is one of the reasons been given for their marginalization.
The Ohaneze have stated this and so are many Igbos with names and addresses, not the unknown, faceless, anonymous people on many social media platforms.
As a matter of fact, Ojukwu contested for the Nigerian Presidency a number of times until his health could no longer allow him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Beremx(f): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:
. you think we don't know you beremx?we have got a lot of Intel's about you .happy mothers day nwanyi oma
na una sabi o! Happy Mother's Day to your mom.
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by LesbianBoy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
Joe igbokwe God punish you! tongue
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
There is nothing the Osus and Ojukwus from the gully eroded land of red mud had fought for and they had ever won. Not one.

They are synonymous with being myopic.

Thank you for saying the truth Igbokwe. You and the very few Igbos that stood by us on June 12 debacle, we appreciate you. You are one of the very few sons of Nri.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by RobbStark(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:

Pls count me out of religious BS.
There is freedom of association.
I dont care who she gets married to as long as they love each other and are happy, that is their cup of tea.
Re: Igbos Think Politics Is Business, They May Never Rule APC Spokesman Igbokwe by Darachi(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mr Igbokwe,I am very disappointed in you.Please leave our people alone.What is wrong with you. We shall pray for you to recover from your hallucinations.RETRACE YOUR STEPS.

(1) (Reply)

Senate, Reps Kick Start Second Runway At Abuja Airport / What I Discussed With Buhari – Nnpc Boss, Baru / VP Yemi Osinbajo Is Re-commissioning A Project Namadi Sambo Commissioned In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.