Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People (1168 Views)

What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? / The Nigeria Police And Their New Style Of Exploiting New Car Owners. / Fuel Consumption On Lexus Rx 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by johnnobles: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
I went to a particular filling station sometimes ago to buy fuel of 2000 naira and the young lady sold 2 litres and I told her I actually needed 2000 naira fuel, without resetting the pump, she sold me a fuel of 1710, a litre of fuel being 145 naira, thereby gaining the 2 litres (290#) to herself. It was when I left I noticed the cheat. Again I went to another filling station yesterday to buy Diesel of 5000 naira, the young man sold 5 litres, again I told him ' no I need diesel of 5k without resetting he sold leftover amount, after much protest and upon telling him to recall his pump screan he was now begging. Those fuel attendance could be terrible.

1 Like

Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
johnnobles:
I went to a particular filling station sometimes ago to buy fuel of 2000 naira and the young lady sold 2 litres and I told her I actually needed 2000 naira fuel, without resetting the pump, she sold me a fuel of 1710, a litre of fuel being 145 naira, thereby gaining the 2 litres (290#) to herself. It was when I left I noticed the cheat. Again I went to another filling station yesterday to buy Diesel of 5000 naira, the young man sold 5 litres, again I told him ' no I need diesel of 5k without resetting he sold leftover amount, after much protest and upon telling him to recall his pump screan he was now begging. Those fuel attendance could be terrible.

this is really not news, unless you are new to driving
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by nengibo: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
johnnobles:

1 Like

Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by plainol(m): 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
ATTENDANTS, U B DINO?
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by johnnobles: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this is really not news, unless you are new to driving
OK it's new to me, maybe I have been cheated a no. Of times without knowing
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by thegame(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
johnnobles:

Please educate me.
How did she gain the 2 liters to herself when she sold you the balance of 1710?
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by Engrmathews(m): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
is it true that when the attendant keep pressing the pump handle while selling ,you are been cheated?

just curious
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by johnnobles: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
thegame:

Please educate me.
She would have reset d pump before admitting to the said amount of 1710
Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
thegame:

Please educate me.

Very simple. Instead if resetting the pump before filling the balance, she just continued filing and stopped at 1,710 with u thinking she rubbed off the previous sale.

It happened to me once, I told an attendant I wanted 1,500 fuel, the crook sold be 500 naira (abeg how 500 and 1,500 take resemble). I quickly noticed he was trying to play smart but I kept quiet. I then told him I wanted 1,500.. he said 'oh sorry'. Without rubbing the meter, he continued selling and stopped at 1,000 thinking I didn't notice. I gave the idiot 1,000... He looked at me and I looked at him waiting for him to tell me my money was not complete before I deal with him. On seeing my face I'm sure in his mind he would be like 'this one na bad market'. He didn't say anything and I drove off.

3 Likes

Re: How Fuel Attendance Are Exploiting People by johnnobles: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2017
greenhulk:

Thanks my bros. U said it all
Very simple. Instead if resetting the pump before filling the balance, she just continued filing and stopped at 1,710 with u thinking she rubbed off the previous sale.

It happened to me once, I told an attendant I wanted 1,500 fuel, the crook sold be 500 naira (abeg how 500 and 1,500 take resemble). I quickly noticed he was trying to play smart but I kept quiet. I then told him I wanted 1,500.. he said 'oh sorry'. Without rubbing the meter, he continued selling and stopped at 1,000 thinking I didn't notice. I gave the idiot 1,000... He looked at me and I looked at him waiting for him to tell me my money was not complete before I deal with him. On seeing my face I'm sure in his mind he would be like 'this one na bad market'. He didn't say anything and I drove off.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Car Slips Out Of Gear On Low Speed Pls Help / How To Test Your Ball Joints To Prevent Wheel Pull Out On Honda's / Honda Accord Vibration Problem And Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.