Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. (596 Views)

El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League / El-rufa’i Has 83 Certificates From Havard – AbdulHakeem Mustapha SAN / 'No More Shehu Sani' Protest By Kaduna Central People At APC Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. by caesar01(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
-By Tom Garba, Garu
March 26, 2017

A Youths group in Kaduna State under the auspices of “Akurmi Young professionals” are calling the attention of the Kaduna state Governor, Mallam Nasir El-rufai to as a matter of good Governance to immediately release the chief of Kurama Chiefdom who was arrested and detained for blatant reasons.

In a press release issued to Journalists and signed by all its members where they stressed that the paramount ruler of Akurmi (Kurama) Land, Dr Ishaku Damina has been a peaceful Man,a virtue which was seen in him made Ahmed Makarfi led administration to turbaned him B’gwam Kurmi 2 after the demised of the first chief in other to lead Kurama people who are known to be peace loving people.

According to them the arrest is unwarranted as there are no basis as to why it was done so, rising poignant questions to the good behavior of the Chief to stampede the behavior of unrepentant criminals and people with questionable characters within his domain.

“Is it a crime to facilitate the arrest and handover a wanted criminal to a task force set by the government? or is it because the criminal is a Fulani man? Has it become a crime for a traditional ruler to work closely with security agencies in curbing kidnapping in his domain? Is the persecution an on-going ploy to give a dog a bad name to hang it, because of his insistence on our cultural affinity with the southern Kaduna and middle-belt indigenious nation? Is there a ploy to replace our Chief because of his patriotism in protecting our lands, culture, tradition and history? This and more questions begs for answers, and the government is on the best position to answer this questions.” The statement reads

“The Akurmi nation and others within his domain have enjoyed enduring peace and stability. His peace-building capacity has been on display in amicably preventing, managing and resolving disputes. In his track-record as a professional and traditional ruler, portray him as a law-abiding and peace-loving man.”

The statement continued to read that:”It beats our imagination that an ambassador of peace with a clean record will be charged for criminal conspiracy, assault and abduction by the Kaduna State Government. Ladies and gentlemen, how can a man who complemented the effort of the government in curbing insecurity by facilitating the arrest of the most wanted kidnapper in Kaduna and Kano, be accused of criminal conspiracy, assault and abduction?”

They further call for the sake of peace and unity there shall be an unconditional release of their paramount ruler, HRH Dr. Ishaku S. Damina in line with his fundamental human rights. And calling on the government to give an unreserved apology to both their chief and the Akurmi nation for desecrating their traditional institution in total contradiction of the United Nations Declaration on the Right of the Indigenous People (UNDRIPS, 2007).

“We hereby call on all to be law abiding and allow peace of love to reign in Akurmi land, reminding our people to remain calm and should not take the laws into their hands, as we will take all lawful approach to address the issue.We understand that the matter is presently in court, we therefore call on the judiciary as the last hope of the common man to ensure the trial of our dear chief is free and fair.” They said
Re: El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. by Drversatile: 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
El-Rufai why always you ? Always for the wrong reasons
Re: El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. by arewafederation: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sorry, El Rufa'i is busy with his phd and does not have time to read this dogon turanci.
Re: El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. by caesar01(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
arewafederation:
Sorry, El Rufa'i is busy with his phd and does not have time to read this dogon turanci.

Well, i can see u actually mean that phd degree should take the place of political correctness as well as good governance
Re: El-rufa’i : We Demand An Immediate Release Of Kurama Chief By Kaduna State Gov. by arewafederation: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
caesar01:

Well, i can see u actually mean that phd degree should take the place of political correctness as well as good governance

Did I say so?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Executive Governor Of Lagos State, Fashola or Fayose? / Saraki Meets With The National Council Of Imams And Ulamas (photos) / Breaking News: EFCC Again Uncovers Raps Of Money Hidden In Ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.