Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit (47537 Views)

FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans / 10 Reasons Why “danfos” Make Lagos A Dangerous Place To Commute / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by BetaThings: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:

The truck was burnt because the northern controlled army started shooting the locals and peaceful protesters. The American will see that and take a video of it.
I am not sure that I should be burning properties of people from a political geo political zone because policemen from that GPZ fired at my people

Dangote does not plan with the Nigerian Army how to deal with protesters
What was done was unfair. People from SE apply to work with him notwithstanding that he is from the North

When Nigerians are rioting American businesses run; only war reporters will take photos
Even then CNN saying "peceful" protesters are burning private business trucks does not help IPOB
They will see it as criminalty

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by UyiIredia(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
So Nigeria is more dangerous than Syria, Libya and North Korea. Those guys at the State dept are high on LSD.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Obalende:

these are terrorist activities and can be fought with state intelligence and at least we know who the enemy is. USA on the other hand is random and harder to defend against. this includes mall shootings!

The dead doesn't care who killed them.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by chiraqDemon(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Origin:
And yet they keep trooping in.

When America has the highest murder rate in the world. See hypocrisy. Approx a murder every second.
Its not about them having the highest murder rate in the world, they have a population almost two times our own and there is easier access to guns and they have better records of murders, that means u get to see the murder statistics

Now look at naija, we dont have emergency broadcasts for terrorist attacks and numbers are always being lowered to make the govt look good
Ppl go missing everyday and it doesnt get reported
Hit n runs are not reported, the shooting i just heard of in my town did not make the news.
The number of shootings u hear of in naija is shocking for a country where access to sophisticated guns is not as easy as in the us, end of the day everything is done with locally made pistols
Some parts of naija dead body will lie in gutter for days and it wont be moved..... hospitals abandon patients to die

We dont keep records of murders in naija at all, any statistic u see is either guessed or just straight made up and in reality is much higher
Ill believe that in reality the murder rate in naija is much higher than we think(much higher). If it is higher than the US, I dont know

Use this copied example smiley
Mobile handset is stolen in nigeria probably a lot in Nigeria, but i doubt anyone will go to the police to report his/her handset stolen.
Example: 100 mobile phones stolen everday(which is a very minimum figure)= 3000 PerMonth =1,095,000 per yr.

That is, more than 1 million people will not report their phones stolen, where as in America all that will be stored in a database which would be made public annually.

Now calculate the crimes for Harassment, Aggravated Assault, Robbery, Motor Vehicle Thefts, Murder, Forcible Rape.
Dont forget to include: Fraud, Drug Traffickers, CyberCrimes, Money Laundering etc

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by RALPHOW(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
tolexy007:

Lolz....go to their embassy and see how plpp full there

Go to London and see a lot of British citizens looking for Nigeria Visa

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by neocortex: 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
AMERICA IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE FOR ANY BLACK MAN

Thanks to gangs and "no snitch" policy.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Ngokafor(f): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
AngelicBeing:
grin grin tongue

cheesy grin..its true na,i am even among tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
So let me weigh in on this, since israel (us ally) is on the list, well we shouldnt be bothered about the list
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Emperormartin(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Kakamorufu:
Russia didn't make the list . na wa
Bias list. No European country made list when we know Russians are there greatest foes.
Maybe after 2018 World Cup they will change the list.
Imagine ranking Mali as no. 2...... Common Mali

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Emycord: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
Buhari
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Flickzvill(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:
They are right. Think of these scenarios

1. An American gentleman strolling on the streets of Port Harcourt only to be shot dead by stray bullets from soldiers chasing peaceful Biafran protesters.

2. An American trying to do a little farming around Benue state only to be killed by Fulani herdsmen who wants to forcefully graze their cattle on his crops.

3. An American migrant exploring the beauty of Ondo state and caught by the many ritualists who cut off his head, gorge his eyes and cut his privates thinking that the ritual will make them $$$ since na white man grin
this is noting compared to what black men face in America so stfu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by chiraqDemon(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Obalende:

not necessarily. take just Chicago, it has more shootings per day than the entire federation of Nigeria combined. Nigeria's own is general insecurity and robberies. Add Missouri, Atlanta and you have a living warzone/hell.
Where do u think i got the name chiraq from lol grin
chicago has the same murder rate per 100 or 1000 ppl as iraq, cant remember the exact statistics.

But thing is naija might actually have a much higher murder rate, its all in the official statistics.
Like i said over there is mainly gun violence, but here in naija,beating, stabbing,slapping to death poisoning (like the news that made fp about an eatery owner poisoning his customers) and many other ways of murdering someone, in this case dont forget to add hit and runs and crushing by heavy vehicles and hundreds of jungle justice cases that dont reach nl or any other news source, i even said that gun violence in naija is even too high for a country that does not have up to 20 gun owners per 100 ppl

In 2016 chicago had about 762 murders
Check only nl, daily at least murder on fp,365.....thats the ones we know of, the ones that dont make nl are far more than that

The problem is that if 100 murders happen in nigeria, only maybe 10 will make the news and maybe 5 will end up being recorded and the official records will be further lowered by govt to make them look good, while in chicago maybe 95 out of 100 will be reported and all 95 will be recorded..
The whole problem lies with the statistics.

I believe if the record keeping in naija was on the same level as chicago or any other state in US, then even u would end up being shocked at the real values

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by SycophanticGoat: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
Nigeria should be number one
Haven't they heard of Fulani herdsmen
And the Yoruba Muslims ,like the one tat recently attacked England

That man wasn't bearing a Yoruba name, so how did you conclude he's a Yoruba Muslim?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Emperormartin(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
phreakabit:
The North is a haven for terrorists and islamic ideologists.
In the SW the streets are littered with filth and dirt, plus you'd have to deal with the menace of robbers, rapists and rampaging diabolical ritualists.
The SE and SS are full of agitators for self reliance, and equal treatment. . . they are mostly peaceful, but can sometimes get unruly as every sane human.
The country is just hell like.
By your analysis, the north is a dead zone.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Obalende: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Where do u think i got the name chiraq from lol grin
chicago has the same murder rate per 100 or 1000 ppl as iraq, cant remember the exact statistics.

But thing is naija might actually have a much higher murder rate, its all in the official statistics.
Like i said over there is mainly gun violence, but here in naija,beating, stabbing,slapping to death poisoning (like the news that made fp about an eatery owner poisoning his customers) and many other ways of murdering someone, in this case dont forget to add hit and runs and crushing by heavy vehicles and hundreds of jungle justice cases that dont reach nl or any other news source, i even said that gun violence in naija is even too high for a country that does not have up to 20 gun owners per 100 ppl

The problem is that if 100 murders happen in nigeria, only maybe 10 will make the news and maybe 5 will end up being recorded and the official records will be further lowered by govt to make them look good, while in chicago maybe 95 out of 100 will be reported and all 95 will be recorded..
The whole problem lies with the statistics.

I believe if the record keeping in naija was on the same level as chicago or any other state in US, then even u would end up being shocked at the real values
But people live in Nigeria long - they have not all died. Its just a question of praying to God & being careful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by chiraqDemon(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
Obalende:

But people live in Nigeria long - they have not all died. Its just a question of praying to God & being careful.
True
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Lakes001(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
y we no go dey 5th....mtcheew
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by ehispapa(m): 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
legislatively:
putting the recent happenings into consideration, southwest cannot be as peaceful as southeast, we have heard of various clashes between Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos, Ogun and osun. And there's more probability that a white man"s head can go in for rituals in southwest than in southeast.

kidnapping
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Klington: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
YorubaMuslims:
USA is one of the most dangerous places to live in the world, do you know how many people in a month that die in the street by gun?
.. And you're still living there.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by davidif: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Nigerians and hypocrisy..,I can see some folks saying that US is not safe,yet if you go to American embassies in this country,one will see thousands of Nigerians paying through their noses to leave this country to America on a daily basis..Fasting,praying and giving testimonies in church when they succed

....We know the pains and anguish being expressed by Nigerians who are denied Visas or prevented from entering US..You guys should stop decieving yourselves please.

Don't mind dem o. They are blinded by pride. Instead of just being humble and admitting that you know What? This guys are right, let us do better and improve the lives of our citizenry. Nope! they will become defensive and forming nonsense nationalistic pride.

It's this useless empty pride that caused Jonathan not to ask for help from the british and the Americans when those girls were kidnapped. No wonder a wise person once said that nationalism will be the death of us all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by ezeagu(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Rossikk:
Another stupid post. You may be an uncritical slave to America, but we are not. Whether or not we visit or migrate there. No country is infallible. If they fck up, we criticize them. If you can't stand that, tough luck.

Do you live in Nigeria, have you lived in Nigeria all your life?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Rossikk(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I know it sounds salacious and titillating, but it simply isn't true.

In over 30 years here (I know I don tey too much, taking care of that currently) I've never had a firearm incident anywhere near me. on the other hand, I hear shots being fired almost every Fri/Sat night on Ring Road near Bubbles in Ibadan.

Comparatively, the USA has a higher population than Nigeria.

But carry on and stroke una sef.

BULLSHIIT. THE US MURDER RATE IS REALITY. 12,000 PER YEAR. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIVE OUT IN THE SUBURBS, AWAY FROM THE MASSES, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT HAPPENING THERE. WAKE UP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Kakamorufu(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Emperormartin:

Bias list. No European country made list when we know Russians are there greatest foes.
Maybe after 2018 World Cup they will change the list.
Imagine ranking Mali as no. 2...... Common Mali
i tell you. The don't even know their real foes again

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by orjaha(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
is america safe at all? mptchwee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by October1960: 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Silly data. USA is just as bad for Americans.

Check out the data of how many Americans die from mass shootings, suicide and drug abuse inside USA.

Then compare to how many Americans died in entire Africa not to talk of Nigeria each year.

This data set is about perception not reality.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by limamintruth: 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:

1. An American gentleman strolling on the streets of Port Harcourt only to be shot dead by stray bullets from soldiers chasing peaceful Biafran protesters.

2. An American trying to do a little farming around Benue state only to be killed by Fulani herdsmen who wants to forcefully graze their cattle on his crops.

3. An American migrant exploring the beauty of Ondo state and caught by the many ritualists who cut off his head, gorge his eyes and cut his privates thinking that the ritual will make them $$$ since na white man grin

Sarcasm aside, the U.S is right on this one. The question should be whether or not Nigeria should be among the top 5 on that list; and the answer in my opinion is 'Yes'!

A country having 2 of the world's most deadly terror groups (i.e BH & fulani militia) within its territory deserves such a position.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Adebowale89(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
legislatively:
putting the recent happenings into consideration, southwest cannot be as peaceful as southeast, we have heard of various clashes between Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos, Ogun and osun. And there's more probability that a white man"s head can go in for rituals in southwest than in southeast.

did u just said south east is safe? are u aware there are still places in east that they are eating human being? a true Igbo living in east confirmed this to me. if southwest is a ritual zone as u proposed then southeast is their headquarter

so Hausa don't fight in aba, Onitsha? seems is long u go home

@bolded, USA is one of the bias country in the whole world, full with hatred and racism. among themselves there are still discriminating btw skin (white&black)

they might be regarded as a developed country but they're not matured enough

imagine, if Nigeria is that worst the people inside shud be decreasing not increasing
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by buffalowings: 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:

chai

oporoko o

naija yaf spoil finish
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Rossikk:

BULLSHIIT. THE US MURDER RATE IS REALITY. 12,000 PER YEAR. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIVE OUT IN THE SUBURBS, AWAY FROM THE MASSES, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT HAPPENING THERE. WAKE UP.

I actually live in Los Angeles and where did I ever write that murders don't occur in the USA?

You shouldn't wake up but continue to pacify yourself in your delusional slumber.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit by MikeB3(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Donald Trump na mad man....... Him no go finish him first term before dem go impeach am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Visa Ban: We Informed Nigeria Of Impending Action Since March 2019 - US / Nairalander Visits Oguta Lake Confluence And Saw Amazing Ecological Wonder / Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.