Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Gear Oil Leakage From My Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Oil Leakage From My Corolla (912 Views)

Oil Leakage In Cars? These Are The Causes - Autoreportng / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Oil Leakage From My Corolla by dfos2k(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
I've been using my 95 corolla for close to two years now. But shortly after buying it I started noticing gear oil shortages. Lately it has gotten worse, my mechanic checked the source of the leakage and told me that the seal BTW the engine and transmission is the culprit. From what I see it involves stripping down many components to get the job done so I'm a bit nervous (first car) cuz the car has no issue and don't want some arising from this repair. I'll appreciate any advice as regards how the work should proceed. Tnks
Re: Gear Oil Leakage From My Corolla by nurey(m): 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
If you don't believe the mechanic there are two options

1. Get the opinion of a second mechanic

2. Remove your agbada and slip into singlet and boxers, armed with a brush and diesel/petrol, go under the car and wash the linkage area clean removing dirt and mud, lay down a clean spotless carton under the car, early in the morning go and check the carton and under the car you will see the spot of the leak glaring at you.

You then decide whether to go to YouTube and learn what to do or give the mechanic with your supervision off course and show him what to do

1 Like

Re: Gear Oil Leakage From My Corolla by dfos2k(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
I'll really try the following. I just wanna be sure that this repair will not be the genesis of other issues.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Fusion A/C Problem / How Can I Secure My Car? Get A Car Tracker With Us / Father Of The Mazda Rotary Engine Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.