Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) (558 Views)

Silence Is So Freaking Loud / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / Ai’s Indictment Of SARS: Why Fg’s Silence Is Not Golden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) by mayten(m): 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
While sitting down on my Couch and browsing through the News of today, I realise that the problems of this country did not stem from the inability of the government of today to do right by the people. It all started with a little silence, then it grew and created a vacuum. It got to a stage where to the masses silence was golden and there was no other choice than to keep quiet. Silence became a norm, It became our way of life, It also became a taboo to speak up since the general idea was that nothing would happen to change any situation.
I asked myself how did we get in this mess? And I realized we didnt presently get into the mess but we were brought up in the mess. You would ask me how? Gone are the good old days which our parents speak about where morals were held in high esteem, where education was golden, where peace was the order of the day, where corruption never had its way, where ethnicity doesn't really matter except during marriage, where children can walk freely without the fear of being kidnapped, where one can go to any part of the country without the fear of being hacked to death, where clergy men are afraid of God rather than their bank account, where worship houses were a place of solace and peace whenever one is troubled, where the civil service was in the interest of the people, where the love of money and materials things haven't over- ruled our general sense of thinking, where nobody was separated by religion or ethnic standards. Those were the good old days when trust was paramount and the country was flourishing.
How exactly did we get here?
It all started with money, greed and the lust for power.
No problem can exist without having an origin and the origin of the mess we are in starts from the grass root. The people have been conditioned to think that if you dont cut corners you might not be able to be wealthy or if you dont sacrifice you wont become influential. Now it has degenerated to a stage where parents teach their wards how to bribe their teachers, teachers teach students how to cut corners to pass exam forgetting the fact that the foundation you lay is what the house would be built on. Now the students have graduated and believe they can always cut corners once money and affluence is involved or should i say long leg. They grow from being civil servants to being politicians then they take the same ideology that has been conditioned in them indirectly by their parents and grow to become "polithiefcians" then we ask why the country is bad?
The only voices that are being heard are the voices of capitalists, theocrats and polithiefcians. Some men of God believe it’s a game of numbers so they are only moved by the figures in their bank accounts and not by the selfless service they claim to emulate. Now you go through the internet and see top ten richest pastors and top ten richest imams and it begs the question were they called to serve humanity and God or were they called to serve their pockets? Your guess is as good as mine as it is left for God to judge. But i remember the stories of John and Charles Wesley and other clergy men that preached good news without acquiring wealth for their personal gains but now the reverse is the case.
The second on the line are the capitalist, the business moguls, the expatriates who enjoy shortchanging the people that work under them and are making billions upon billions daily. They derive so much joy from making people work and pay them meagre sum of money just enough for them to be a little bit above been broke. They have a say in everything that concerns the country but only speaks when its for their personal gain, they are quick to lay off staffs when their profits is not as expected but very slow to increase salaries when their profits are way above their expectations. They might be humans by birth but not humans by deed.
The third are the “polithiefcians, these ones are good at only one thing and that is promising and no fulfillment. They are always after the small picture which is to loot enough for the 20th generation to come. They dont care if the masses dont eat as long as they can live in affluence they are okay by it.
Now looking at the three categories of people that have the power to speak on behalf of the people but would rather speak for themselves and their pocket you see the reason why silence is no longer golden, why the people have to speak with one voice and put sentiments aside, why the people have to put their religion at the back and know that they are first humans before religion separated them and ethnicity divides them. It is high time when parents stop giving bribes and condition their children to pass exams on merit, it is high time the masses speak up and say no to extrajudicial killings, say no to ethnic violence, say no to" legisloooting" and polithiefcians, say no to division and its high time the masses embrace peace irrespective of tribe and religion, irrespective of cultural differences irrespective of party affiliations.
I belief in One Nigeria only if we can bury the silence and start speaking up, start changing our actions, let the reformation begin from the grass root and the ripple effect would be resounding at the Centre. Civil servant do your job because you love it and dont just leave it anyhow, Teacher discipline yourself not for your personal gain but for the greater good of the country, parents instill good morals in your children, let the society once again be a place of morals and then you would see the effect till it gets to the Centre.
Reformation starts from the grassroot and it’s a time of rebirth for our country Nigeria.

MODS PLS HELP MOVE TO THE RIGHT SECTION IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION..... BLESS UP

CC: mynd44
lalasticlala
seun
dominique
pushkin
Obinnau
Re: Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) by Jewelnutch: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Silence is Golden ogbeni... Let Obasanjo catch your thread first, you'll know duct tapes are Silver.
Re: Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) by mayten(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jewelnutch:
Silence is Golden ogbeni... Let Obasanjo catch your thread first, you'll know duct tapes are Silver.

lol........ fear go be bronze
Re: Silence Is No Longer Golden (my Thoughts) by Jewelnutch: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
mayten:

lol........ fear go be bronze
Lmao. Jail go be Iron.

(1) (Reply)

Good Writers Needed / Betrayal Of Love Chapter One [MUST READ] / Hello Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.