Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (74350 Views)

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by nekyfine: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Pls Let's check d year before we comment. I think for what is on the ground now, it will be worst.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by biker97(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
Rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. end time
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Pecca: 8:27am On Mar 27, 2017
MY OBSERVATION: MOST XTAIN DOMINATED NORTHERN STATES FARED BETTER THAN THE REST.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2017
TimeManager:
Go & arrest U. N cheesy
You think this report is from Lagos-ibadan? Go hide your head in shame & sit down among hot ashes.

Truth is talking!

Hide my head in shame for what..

Bleep UN...
No be nigerians conduct the research.. Abi all UN staff don turn oyibo.

Olboy reason properly.. no dey reason mumu reasoning.
That report na ogboju.. any self-service well.

Kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mapet: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

These lying ekwensu and their fake news

Osun State Capital (Oshgbo)

A state capital with mud dwellings

- Photo by New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/travel/sacred-grove-nigeria-osun-osogbo-worship.html?_r=0

Why are you reducing the quality of this discourse to your level? The are criteria used to come up with the ratings, did you read it? Your needless show of pictures to argue against a detailed statistical analysis, simply tells me you are incapable of reasoning at this level. To be pained is not bad, you're entitled to it.....but to show it with a high level of ignorance is comical... grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ruggedized1: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Repping Omambala the light of the entire black race.

Rich forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by jide219(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Jetleeee:
Osun people are very hardworking maaahn. They farm a lot and they travel a lot too especially the people of Ejigbo
guy not only ejibgo come down to ikire,ilesa and see things, in fact OSUN should be less Dan 5%

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by omenkaLives(m): 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Why are some folks wailing uncontrollably over this? Shoo! cheesy cheesy

Na wa for my state oo!

See poverty abeg. cry

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

Oga, the report covered 2004 to 2014 when there was no recession. Consider how things were then to now.

Lol..

Osun and ekiti.. even make the report cover from 1900..

Coma dey that report.. if una want believe..na u na know..

But no be oyibo conduct that exercise.na still nigerians.. on behalf of UN..

No tell me wetin we know..
But you can make yourself happy..

I no dey kill joy.. cheesy enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by jide219(m): 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
What is edo doing there
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Blue3k:
Akwa Ibom suffering it shows we need to more private sector growth in economy this civil civil life is no good. Hopefully the industrial city, port and general industrialization policy kicks off soon.

Does anyone find it interesting NE has lower poverty rate than NW?

regional breakdown

1.) SW-19.3%
2.) SS-25.2%
3.) SE-27.4%
4.) NC- 42.6%
5.) NE-76.8%
6.) NW-81.1%

despite BH
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Jetleeee: 8:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Why is this shitkenganwo clown trying to derail with pics?

Poor ipob e-thug cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by thinkmoney(m): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2017
there are two countries...norther nigeria and southern nigeria!
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Jetleeee: 8:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Mynd44 abeg epp us clean page 1. Someone is trying to derail with pics

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by kings09(m): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2017
So PDP is still embezzling. Ur current affairs syllabus is truly current. Never knew buhari is in PDP
smartty68:
Poverty rate indeed
Thank you PDP for the embezzlements. Una weh don embarassed
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by tinktanker: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
solacong:
North sha!
even ebonyi state. S8nce the have chosen to be a Muslim state the poverty has affected them too

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by franksam2009: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Yet the north has the best infrastructure in the country.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Jetleeee: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2017
I never thought this thread would make front page . I for don find trouble small cheesy grin

E pain me gan

Anyway, there will always be more threads to feast on

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AshiwajuFoward: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Jetleeee:
Why is this shitkenganwo clown trying to derail with pics?

Poor ipob e-thug cheesy

Ah, no be small thing o. Na with vex the tout dey post those pix. Na frustration my brother. The thing really pain am gan ni. cheesy This day will go into the annals of Anambra as a day of 'infamy' cheesy , and one of the worst days since its creation. cheesy Osun be giving them nightmares since Methuselah days. cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by dfrost: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Aliyeous:
Poverty is far beynd dis figures...o boi lyf no easy again oh

My brother, i dey tell you. The poverty level for 9Ja don tie wrapper join angry cry embarassed lipsrsealed.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by opara28(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
if dey say 91% in zamfara..it means almost everyone there is poor...ow true?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Werehkpe: 8:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Lagos is the ONLY state with single digits. VERY Impressive.

Eko o ni baje oooooo

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Jetleeee: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ah, no be small thing o. Na with vex the tout dey post those pix. Na frustration my brother. The thing really pain am gan ni. cheesy This day will go into the annals of Anambra as a day of 'infamy' cheesy , and one of the worst days since its creation. cheesy Osun be giving them nightmares since Methuselah days. cheesy cheesy

Hehehehe...the thread has made front page before and we had so much fun on it back then if you remember.

I never expected the mods to move it to FP. We for don post some nice memes nah

I already reported the shitkengawo clown

8 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mapet: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

You need to understand that the period considered was between 2004 and 2014 when there wasn't recession and things were a bit well off generally across the country, especially in the South. This was the period Aregbesola was collecting loan up and down to flag off unsustainable but catchy projects like opon imo, O'Yes, O'meal and all that.. if they should extend to 2017, Osun and many other states will be worse off.

Many of you just let out rubbish, without bothering to reason what criteria was used to develop this stats. If you bothered to think about it, you will know that the criteria used is not "eye catching projects".

The criteria used were mainly based on 3 categories - Education, Health and Standard of Living, now subdivided into ten indicators. That is why responsible government's projects should among others be geared towards addressing the multidimensional poverty index as stipulated by UN. It is not about pictures, fancy buildings and obviously not about the lies you lot tell yourselves about Osun. It is about simple indicies of life like enrolment, school attendance, nutrition, child mortality rate, access to food and water, rural electricity, cooking fuels and sanitation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by pellswizz: 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
nzeobi:
Northerners have spent more time in power yet they are still very poor
Please what's osun doing up there
Abi o... Osun!!!! place wey I dey school, Dem poor 4 here sef no be small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by lx3as(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2017
Bridget95:
so Ekiti where people are handed rice and other edibles like refugees by their governor has a lower poverty rate than Anambra state?

hmmmmm.whoever made this statistics is a lying genius.

Most people being handed rice, etc are mainly from your state and the rest. Every community in Ekiti, just like in Osun, has linked roads, tap water, farm settlements, good schools, etc. No true born Ekitiman without inheritance of cash crop farm like cocoa, kola, woods, etc. Virtually all government workers not being payed have gotten reasonable farm; just like in Osun. Have you asked about non-indigen in these states engaging in farming, just ask your people in Ekiti, Ife, Ikire, Ondo, etc.
Since when federal allocations to greedy politicians become wealth of a people.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by dabrake(m): 8:51am On Mar 27, 2017
masseratti:
Osun should be 30% ,it cant be less than ondo and kwara,impossicant.

Btw how come a state will have 90% poverty rate?

i dont bliv this stats
Same Kwara state where Corps members are the wealthiest behind the Igbo hustlers, those with FG parastatals and bankers?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ayleclanche: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Until now, northerners believed development would be doing the whitemen who own development equipments, a favour.

If most north weren't Islamic, they'd have been better off than what they are now.

Some are still foolish though
Abeg shut up, countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Quwait and so on are more Islamic and yet they are rich, go check there standard of living
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by freedom96: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Until now, northerners believed development would be doing the whitemen who own development equipments, a favour.

If most north weren't Islamic, they'd have been better off than what they are now.

Some are still foolish though
You speak as though you or your father is better than all the "islamic northerners".Dangote is an "islamic northerner",who knows your father,the Christian southerner??

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by melejo(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2017
After now one maga will come and shout "we have been ruling you" as if the north benefits anything from all these bragadosh. Still remains the poorest people in the world. I have nothing to envy the aboki politicians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Submitted Name Of His Running Mate To INEC / Fayose And A Physically-Challenged Man: Compared With Oshiomhole / Peter Obi Finally Changes The Colour Of His Clothes In Houston, Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.