Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos (42963 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Thief Rescued After Jumping Into A Lagoon While Escaping / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by jimzad02(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Chai Naija of today

Jumping into Lagos Lagoon turn to a competition now a days
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Adebowale89(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2017
my appeal to Lagos state Govt. they shud make a big punishment for the escape suicidal

give them a knock on their forehead and 50 stroke of cane in their buttock and back

imagine the bad name they re given us. ain't they tired of making Nigeria look like a dangerous place
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by MKO4ever(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2017
I'm holding Oba Akinolu responsible for all these jumping into the Lagoon
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Avater0147(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2017
if he really one die,he for go the bridge for night.. special announcement,abeg who won commit suicide,make he come for night
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:35am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:
Are people doing this on purpose?
Or are they seeking attention?
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!

No mind them jare, Anybody that want to commit suicide must they go to lagoon? Why not buy snipper and die peacefully on their bed hahaha...
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
wicked woman.... People are traumatized and depressed ... biggest problem? They are NOT being treated! No social welfare system, no safety nets ..no mortgage system...the system is designed to keep the masses downtrodden and in acute poverty...

Then why go to Lagoon when they can take rat poison, I see this as doing it to for show haha, Why wait until people see and rescue them even the woman that dressed like PEJ hahha..
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:

Me wicked?

Did you understand my point at all?
I'm not saying depression is not real neither am I denying that depressed people are not properly taken care of .....but........
Why were we not hearing about jumping into lagoon prior to that doctor's case? Why are people turning the unfortunate event into a trend?
Were there no depressed people before that doctor's case happened?
Are you saying that what that doctor did is now an eye opener for other depressed people?
Please, let's be realistic for once, this is Nigeria, many Nigerians are so manipulative and me and you know that!

Just after that doctor's case, we have see at least three other people attempting to jump into the lagoon, why after his case?

Should we call it abuse of suicide attempt or what?

LOL or better still why go to lagoon, Why can't they take sniper and died laying on their bed.. haha
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Ayomivic(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2017
dainformant:
the increasing spate of people committing suicide especially jumping into the lagos lagoon is becoming alarming. according to media personnel at the nigeria police force, malik nasir, this man was rescued yesterday while trying to commit suicide. he was rescued before he could plunge into a lagos lagoon...

malik nasir wrote;

yet another suicide attempt at the lagos lagoon today. he was rescued before he could take the plunge. an ifa priest has said in a national daily that "the lagoon is angry. how do we appease the lagoon please.

source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/suicidal-man-rescued-while-trying-to.html
Edi ndi yin ni sir?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by MrLekan95(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2017
ALL IS WELL.....
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by cybriz82(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2017
make them begin they flog craze comot from anybody wey try dat nonsense again...all dis rubbish will stop.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by hope4life: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2017
morbeta:
Season of jumping into the lagoon......Oba of Lagos must hear this cos his 2015 prediction has no boundary now.

Nigerians are wise people. Once someone did something and it receives wide attention, they will all join. One person trekked for Buhari, many people joined too. It's well. Since God is on the throne, no need to commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by laribari(m): 11:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Johncuba:
Type something reasonable in English... Pls.

You are silly! If you can't read or understand then pass abi? Just pass!

Those who read and understood gave my comment 3 likes and 1 share.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by mpowa(m): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2017
This one is not ready to die. Lagoon that everyone has now focused on. If you wan die, buy very strong rat poison or take overdose drugs, enter your room and end the thing. So help you God.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by drtee247(m): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Atiku2019:
Suicide is meant for the weak cool

You don't know what you are saying. I hope you know depression is Real?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Joephat(m): 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:

Me wicked?

I'm not saying depression is not real neither am I denying that depressed people are not properly taken care of .....but........
Why were we not hearing about jumping into lagoon prior to that doctor's case? Why are people turning the unfortunate event into a trend?
Are you saying that what that doctor did is now an eye opener for other depressed people?
Please, let's be realistic for once, this is Nigeria, many Nigerians are so manipulative and me and you know that!

Just after that doctor's case, we have see at least three other people attempting to jump into the lagoon, why after his case?

Common sense should tell you that ppl av been jumping into lagoon before d doctor.

Doctor was an eye opener, I pray u won't be victim of depression..

Wicked woman
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by bsideboii(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:

Me wicked?

Remember while trying to find the doctors body,another one was found .What if the doctors case only brought attention to the fact that people commit suicide on that bridge more frequently than most of us think. Just saying.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Fantastic2m(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
jumpandpas:
You didn't rescue the doctor and you are now rescuing others. Is it because the doctor na IPOB or you decided to allow him jump in and die since Akiolu promised them langoon.
I don't UNDERKWURUOTO this.

Smh
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Coolgent(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dont let him kill himself abeg we must go through this recession together
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Johncuba(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
laribari:

You are silly! If you can't read or understand then pass abi? Just pass!

Those who read and understood gave my comment 3 likes and 1 share.
fool!!! Simple correction, and u decided to spit allover my fone...
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by laribari(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
Johncuba:
fool!!! Simple correction, and u decided to spit allover my fone...

Take your frustration elsewhere grin

I didn't mention your sorry ass, neither did I refer to you clown. Which mumu correction? Na me cause your problem? grin grin

Mind your business or go and correct your father! grin
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Johncuba(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
laribari:

Take your frustration elsewhere grin

I didn't mention your sorry ass, neither did I refer to you clown. Which mumu correction? Na me cause your problem? grin grin

Mind your business or go and correct your father! grin
lol...kids everywia on nairaland, too bad ur father also didn't heed correction and wasted his sperm offspringing a bornfool like u...
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by laribari(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
Johncuba:
lol...kids everywia on nairaland, too bad ur father also didn't heed correction and wasted his sperm offspringing a bornfool like u...

Olodo!! It's spelt buffoon and not bornfool; obviously your father wasted money on your school fees. Grown man!! What did you derive? Answering back a kid makes you an idiot and the kid here. Show your maturity and do the talk. Ewu!

I didn't talk to you in the first place but a scum like you think you can just run people down.

You asked me to type simple and correct English even when my post mixed with pidgin wasn't directed at you, yet you can't spell ordinary buffoon. Clown
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by andyanders: 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:
How did they know that he wanted to jump into the lagoon? Was he waiting for people to see him or how?
I think this is becoming a trend for people to manipulate other people into solving or finding solution to their problems!

Some people are just playing pranks jare!

You are on point. I wouldn't know why people are using this method to market themselves for help now. I pray they stop this trend as most Nigerians are copycat and would wanna emulate this method to gain publicity.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
"Rescue"

Ok. How many seconds does it take to jump into a lagoon?

How many seconds will it take the nearest police officers and other civillians to stop you?

Except if you went there to act 'you have shot me'

If I see another post on attempted suicide again, I swear with Dino's certificate, I won't open it again lipsrsealed
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Aroh48(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
I blame d lagoon king for this
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by KingAD16(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2018
grin u sabi book brotherly
SmartchoicesNG:
wicked woman.... People are traumatized and depressed ... biggest problem? They are NOT being treated! No social welfare system, no safety nets ..no mortgage system...the system is designed to keep the masses downtrodden and in acute poverty...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Female Nigerian Undergraduates Fight Over A Pair Of Undies / Man Fights His Bestie In Ogun For Sleeping With His Fiancée / Policeman Shoots At Unarmed Man In Abuloma, Rivers State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.