Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos (42958 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Thief Rescued After Jumping Into A Lagoon While Escaping / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by patonyx1: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2017
I feel they intentionally go close to a police post on the Lagoon in order to be seen before demonstration of their suicidal attempt. undecided

anotherydz:
Are people doing this on purpose?
Or are they seeking attention?
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by joey150(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2017
STORY!!

If you have made up your mind to jump...nobody fit stop you.. It dosent take more than 5 seconds to jump
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Jabioro: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Viczeni123:

U WUUCKED O!
Not so my dear brother.. if care is not been taken.. it has become a new trend.. to commit suicide is not so hard.. why calling or seeking for public attention if you really want to put yourself to death ? Suicide is not best option, attempting it should carry some maximum prison term without option of fine, in fact let be under a very close monitoring... All this nonsensetical drama has to be stopped..
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ceaser: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by karnap(m): 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
See his face like person wey get lungs problem....no life after here oo i hope u know.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2017
See his big head. That goat should be jailed immediately! Useless goat with bad influence.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2017
traditional rulers shud watch dia tongues, sum yrs back one Oba prophesied about piple to go and drown in lagoon, now the reverses is the case.he shud reverse it now or one day his family member go folo jump
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by onyii255(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
It is wa!!!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Reference(m): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
grin Well, ask the Oba of Lagos....and where are those 'Lagoon' T-shirts again.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ayindejimmy(m): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Ok .. This idea is getting boring
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ahamonyeka(m): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!
lol..abeg make una leave that man .na attention seeker wey look for help.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ExInferis(m): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2017
This old fart is near dead already.

Shoulda let 'im jump.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by amdoyin82(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Why did they stop him?.He should be allow to jump into the lagoon now. Maybe the words of Oba of lagos is coming to pass.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by DollarAngel(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
morbeta:
Season of jumping into the lagoon......Oba of Lagos must hear this cos his 2015 prediction has no boundary now.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by maxysmith(f): 8:51am On Mar 27, 2017
i think they re doing it on purpose, cos me i don't understand this nonsense o.....if they really want to commit suicide y can't they just do it in their house rather than calling people's attention to rubbish undecided
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Maxycul: 8:54am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!
After the rescue,they need serious lashing on their buttocks.Lock them up and feed them for up to 2 months behind the bar with those dirty beans.Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by julybaba(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Stop the agony and fuss. Stop the worries and pessimism. Here is a net filled with fishes. Fishes of Jobs and Scholarship opportunities. Jobmarket apps....the net of opportunities. From Buyticket Federation.... http://julisunkan.ga/jobsmarket.apk
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by lyricalz: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
hold the oba of Lagos responsible for all this. He said earlier that igbos who don't vote APC will perish in the lagoon. And so far the people jumping in the lagoon are igbos.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by persius555(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Nigerians have always resulted to suicide before the doctor's case. Especially on the third mainland bridge. That explains why a corpse was earlier discovered during the search for the doctor's body.

Suicide is tragic, dehumanising and a sad exit point for the weak and faint hearted.
Embrace a soul and encourage them to brace up. Life is all about challenges.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by fortunechy(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2017
Month of jumpin into lagoon
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ceejay80s(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2017
onatisi:
E be like say you don chop toilet this morning, Who told you I want to jump into the lagoon?na u want push me abi
I was metaphorically not saying its u, u do idioms for school at all ?
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ceaser: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2017
Einl:

What are churches and mosques doing?

Busy trying to increase the reduced IGR from reduced tithe income resulting from a biting recession. They should make efforts to build people rather than structures which are but physical and will perish. But the spirit of a man endures and is worth investing in.

What is the Fed. Min. of Health and National Orientation Agency doing?

You see that of the FMoH is another kettle of rotten fish. As that place is currently structured, they are busy creating chaos in the health sector - that is the only way they can keep up the looting that occurred under the last dispensation. The health minister is complicit and highly involved in perpetuating the mess. The ministry currently preside over terrible and decrepit health institutions, structures, suffering personnels and a rapidly increasing brain drain in the medical work force. Sadly the president will shut his eyes to the havoc the useless health minister is wrecking.

What are our mental health institutions doing?

The same ills as above bedevil the Federal Mental Health Institutions in the country.

Since the number of suicides and suicide attempts has increased they should have created a helpline for those with suicidal tendencies to call.

The NPF has, erroneously, been left with the duty of conducting suicide awareness and they are really going 'bout it in the most unconventionally useless way they can - 'orientating' that suicide is a crime and anyone caught in the act risks prosecution.

What happens to all stakeholders, government, NGOs coming together and mapping out strategies to address this emerging social epidemic? These will include improving citizen' quality of living, social standards, national health coverage for all (illness is part of suicide trigger factor), National health insurance scheme, upgrade of health facilities and the health personnels that offer the services within these structures.

Oh, they'd rather share the common patrimony, the paris club refunds while treating 'emselves to the drama of claiming endless forged certificates and qualifications, fanning the consequences and calling the bluff of Nigerians to challenge 'em. Imagine the senate insisting on investigating the alleged forgery of academic qualifications of one of it's own when we have the NPF and DSS as institutions saddled with such responsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by onatisi(m): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2017
grin grin grin
ceejay80s:

I was metaphorically not saying its u, u do idioms for school at all ?

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by mrgreen4real(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2017
de man resemble Okoro no be small
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Naughtytboy: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2017
gulfer:
My point is no Flat-head should commit suicide in the lagoon angry angry angry

Oba Akiolu should call his subjects to order; it would appear that some of them have still not heard that Ambode had won the elections. lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by larrybee2017(f): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2017
anotherydz:

God help we and dem!
This may sound wicked but I think it is needed in this country. Maybe we should allow people to jump and let them have a taste of what it means to die for 30mins, if it's possible we will rescue them. By the time two or three people are given such chance believe you me Nigerians will have their brain reset to normal.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Einl(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2017
[quote author=ceaser post=54988168][/quote]

ceaser...that was a powerful and pained response from you. I agree 101% with you said.

The country is in a state of perpetual and unrepentant limbo.

Terrible.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ericmor: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2017
But why is it now the elderly people that are now trying to jump into the lagoon. You have been able to endure this long that you only have few more yrs to die n u want to kill yourself. But the one that tire me is the police saying no car should stop on the 3rd mailand bridge again. Abeg, if my car do over heating so make I no stop abi. Or is it everybody that stop on the bridge that want to jump into the lagoon ni. Our police with yeye policy that people will now be the one to correct them
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Tokziby: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Atiku2019:
Suicide is meant for the weak cool

You should thank God for ur own stable mental state of health. its not usually by the weak but as a result of the unstable mental state which could have been been triggered by emotional trauma, finding joy and happiness or something to live for.
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by VanBommel(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2017
Aufbauh:
There is nothing like the lagoon is angry and needed to be appeased. This assertion is fallacious and obnoxious.

For what we are seeing is a response from life that fails to discover it purpose and how to fulfill it.

It doesn't matter your status or worth, as long as you have no reason to live,abuse is inevitable.

People should learn to discover their purpose or essence of existence and live to fulfill it, for in this shall you derive joy and happiness.
don't mind the mumu, deluded ifa priest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Ritualists Caught At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State. See What Mob Did To Them / Man Fights His Bestie In Ogun For Sleeping With His Fiancée / Two Female Nigerian Undergraduates Fight Over A Pair Of Undies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.