Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos (42954 Views)

Police In Lagos Prevent Frustrated Man From Jumping Into The Lagoon (Photos) / Thief Rescued After Jumping Into A Lagoon While Escaping / Suicidal Man Rescued And Arrested After Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by dainformant(m): 4:21am On Mar 27, 2017
The increasing spate of people committing suicide especially jumping into the Lagos Lagoon is becoming alarming. According to media personnel at the Nigeria Police Force, Malik Nasir, this man was rescued yesterday while trying to commit suicide. He was rescued before he could plunge into a Lagos Lagoon...

Malik Nasir wrote;

Yet Another Suicide Attempt At the Lagos Lagoon today. He was rescued before he could take the plunge. An Ifa Priest has said in a national daily that "the Lagoon is Angry. How do we appease the Lagoon Please.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/suicidal-man-rescued-while-trying-to.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by dainformant(m): 4:22am On Mar 27, 2017
sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 27, 2017
If all of una jump finish, how many of us go remain?!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Are people doing this on purpose?
Or are they seeking attention?
Moreover, I don't know how people are rescued from suicide anybody wey one jump inside water go run enter the water instantly no be say e go dey wait for people to see am. undecided

God help we and dem!

215 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Aufbauh(m): 4:37am On Mar 27, 2017
There is nothing like the lagoon is angry and needed to be appeased. This assertion is fallacious and obnoxious.

For what we are seeing is a response from life that fails to discover it purpose and how to fulfill it.

It doesn't matter your status or worth, as long as you have no reason to live,abuse is inevitable.

People should learn to discover their purpose or essence of existence and live to fulfill it, for in this shall you derive joy and happiness.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by morbeta(m): 4:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Season of jumping into the lagoon......Oba of Lagos must hear this cos his 2015 prediction has no boundary now.

29 Likes

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Atiku2019: 4:53am On Mar 27, 2017
Suicide is meant for the weak cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by greatgod2012(f): 5:00am On Mar 27, 2017
How did they know that he wanted to jump into the lagoon? Was he waiting for people to see him or how?
I think this is becoming a trend for people to manipulate other people into solving or finding solution to their problems!

Some people are just playing pranks jare!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by SmartchoicesNG: 5:05am On Mar 27, 2017
wicked woman.... People are traumatized and depressed ... biggest problem? They are NOT being treated! No social welfare system, no safety nets ..no mortgage system...the system is designed to keep the masses downtrodden and in acute poverty...

greatgod2012:
How did they know that he wanted to jump into the lagoon? Was he waiting for people to see him or how?
I think this is becoming a trend for people to manipulate other people into solving or finding solution to their problems!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Dabigbroda(m): 5:06am On Mar 27, 2017
ok
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by jumpandpas(m): 5:16am On Mar 27, 2017
You didn't rescue the doctor and you are now rescuing others. Is it because the doctor na IPOB or you decided to allow him jump in and die since Akiolu promised them langoon.
I don't UNDERKWURUOTO this.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by madridguy(m): 5:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Thank God the Old Pa was rescued.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by ShinnBet: 5:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Remain that useless Oba of Lagos.

He will soon relocate permanently to the Lagos lagoon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by gulfer: 5:19am On Mar 27, 2017
My point is no Flat-head should commit suicide in the lagoon angry angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by greatgod2012(f): 5:21am On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
wicked woman.... People are traumatized and depressed ... biggest problem? They are NOT being treated!

Me wicked?

Did you understand my point at all?
I'm not saying depression is not real neither am I denying that depressed people are not properly taken care of .....but........
Why were we not hearing about jumping into lagoon prior to that doctor's case? Why are people turning the unfortunate event into a trend?
Were there no depressed people before that doctor's case happened?
Are you saying that what that doctor did is now an eye opener for other depressed people?
Please, let's be realistic for once, this is Nigeria, many Nigerians are so manipulative and me and you know that!

Just after that doctor's case, we have see at least three other people attempting to jump into the lagoon, why after his case?

Should we call it abuse of suicide attempt or what?

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Jabioro: 5:26am On Mar 27, 2017
The whole scenario after Allwell Orji issue, others that followed are like nollyhood script.. I won't appealed to anyone who wanted to take his or her life anymore. Just do that quietly in your room.. it is very easy and convenient to see baba God without you seeking or disturbing your surroundings.. if you want to die, die and see who will be blamed.. Yeye!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by AnyibestDede(m): 5:38am On Mar 27, 2017
What all these nonsanse? This joke had better stopped its not funny anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 27, 2017
dainformant:
The increasing spate of people committing suicide especially jumping into the Lagos Lagoon is becoming alarming. According to media personnel at the Nigeria Police Force, Malik Nasir, this man was rescued yesterday while trying to commit suicide. He was rescued before he could plunge into a Lagos Lagoon...

Malik Nasir wrote;

Yet Another Suicide Attempt At the Lagos Lagoon today. He was rescued before he could take the plunge. An Ifa Priest has said in a national daily that "the Lagoon is Angry. How do we appease the Lagoon Please.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/suicidal-man-rescued-while-trying-to.html

I know how but I'm not saying due to fear of Seun and his crew grin

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by SmartchoicesNG: 5:43am On Mar 27, 2017
lol abuse of suicide attempt... God help you... it shows we have very unresponsive and irresponsible govts at all levels... Did you not read that the police recovered a wholly different body the first time and not Dr Orji.

a responsible question would have been why was it after a medical doctor performed the feat that the media and govt started paying attention... Don't forget that Tbillz, Tiwa Savage's husband and father of her son attempted jumping overboard into the lagoon too!

It has been happening incessantly it didn't start now and certainly will NOT end now! we need a responsive and responsible leadership in Nigeria NOT those who earn 300MILLION naira as security votes monthly and still find it difficult to pay minimum wages of 18k!

A country without a social welfare system, where mortgage works not, if care is not taken any shock could take people into depression without social welfare safety net .... suicide is imminent!
greatgod2012:

Me wicked?

Did you understand my point at all?
I'm not saying depression is not real neither am I denying that depressed people are not properly taken care of .....but........
Why were we not hearing about jumping into lagoon prior to that doctor's case? Why are people turning the unfortunate event into a trend?
Were there no depressed people before that doctor's case happened?
Are you saying that what that doctor did is now an eye opener for other depressed people?
Please, let's be realistic for once, this is Nigeria, many Nigerians are so manipulative and me and you know that!

Just after that doctor's case, we have see at least three other people attempting to jump into the lagoon, why after his case?

Should we call it abuse of suicide attempt or what?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by SmartchoicesNG: 5:45am On Mar 27, 2017
ipob and the eternal victim mentality

jumpandpas:
You didn't rescue the doctor and you are now rescuing others. Is it because the doctor na IPOB or you decided to allow him jump in and die since Akiolu promised them langoon.

4 Likes

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Einl(m): 5:49am On Mar 27, 2017
When people attempt or commit suicide, una go de write rubbish de insult them.

For someone to commit suicide he sees no hope. We all deal with problems differently and a lot of these suicide people don't have the support system to help them through their problems.

What are churches and mosques doing?

What are our mental health institutions doing?

What is the Fed. Min. of Health and National Orientation Agency doing?

Since the number of suicides and suicide attempts has increased they should have created a helpline for those with suicidal tendencies to call.

Please don't make fun of people. Nobody knows what pain someone is going through to even contemplate suicide.

PS

When you see your neighbours, greet them. Let them know you care. We don't know where the next suicide can come from.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:49am On Mar 27, 2017
Jump and pass? undecided
Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by azimibraun: 5:52am On Mar 27, 2017
No 1. Suicide is condemnable

No2. If you really want to commit suicide you will o it perfectly wit nobody knowing.

How can one don't have sense on how to fight an stay alive an at the same time don't have sense of how to take his her own life?

All these suicide attempts are fake.

We saw how serious Dr Allwell was and he did his thing swiftly.

Say NO to suicide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Agbalanze(m): 5:53am On Mar 27, 2017
All this arrangee suicide jumpers, all in the name of getting peoples sympathy and government attention... Una well done ooo...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by jericco1(m): 5:53am On Mar 27, 2017
I find it senseless when I hear people jumping into lagoon so as to commit suicide.
The point is, there are other ways of doing that which could be quite silent.
In a nutshell they are just trying to be known and do not really intend to die.

5 Likes

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:53am On Mar 27, 2017
jumpandpas:

No need wondering where this one hails from! Must definitely be one of those part time jewish kids of hate! See the poor diction and tears as usual! Ipork youths....SMH!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by laribari(m): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2017
greatgod2012:

I think the solution is simple. Anyone they catch like that, make them rush am and beat am well well. The victim will be shocked sef. You dey except people to rescue you but Na to beat the sucide comot fo their body. Na you get your life? Why take it when you didn't choose to come here by yoursef in the first place.

See the baba face sef, you go know sey the baba need help. Why him go stand near where police park and dey look the water? grin grin

If you wan really die, before dem know sef you don reach bottom. If this lagoon thing continue, very soon sef shark go dey stroll come lagoon on visit oo.

Come to think of it, if Na shark waters how many people go jump inside?

Just imagine sey this sucide people decide to die on the road and jump enter motor mouth and the car kill am; the owner or driver is in trouble oo. In fact dem go burn the innocent man car not knowing sey na sucide. Nobody will listen to you if you say the man jump enter road when him see your car dey come. #Alakoba!!

Abeg make dem kukuma dey go lagoon o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by jazinogold(m): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2017
All this suicidal attempt as a result of depression can be linked to MMM!

many lost their life savings and where left depressed!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by jumpandpas(m): 6:08am On Mar 27, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

No need wondering where this one hails from! Must definitely be one of those part time jewish kids of hate! See the poor diction and tears as usual! Ipork youths....SMH!

Take your diction to your your pocket. Those ruling you are not better.

With your good ascent or diction, nobody knows you.

I am not and English man but Igbo.

Nobody thought me Igbo but English was forced on me by wicked Lugard.

If I don't write it well, shame on you and Lugard.

I am sure the Queen can't write or speak Igbo.

With all your grammar, I can employ you to be flushing my toilet.

No insult intended.

Thank you and remain confuse.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:11am On Mar 27, 2017
jumpandpas:

Take your diction to your your pocket. Those ruling you are not better.

With your good ASCENT(ACCENT) or diction, nobody knows you.

I am not AND(AN) English man but Igbo.

Nobody THOUGHT ( TAUGHT) me Igbo but English was forced on me by wicked Lugard.

IF I don't write it well, shame on YOU and Lugard.

I am sure the Queen can't write or speak Igbo.

With all your grammar, I can employ you to be flushing my toilet.

No insult intended.

Thank you and remain CONFUSE.(CONFUSED)

Absolute nonsense!

Try again my part time jewish alobam

grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Babcock Student, Susan, Attempts Suicide Because Of Boyfriend, Jumps From Hostel / Wanted Murderer 'Ikanda' Finally Arrested 9 Months After Going Into Hiding. Pics / Man Fights His Bestie In Ogun For Sleeping With His Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.