Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Conversations With Christians: Morality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conversations With Christians: Morality (1704 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by luvmijeje(f): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

"The bible" begs the question - which bible? There are many diverse and different, confused and internally contradictory editions of the bible that can be traced back as being written by men from the 4th century onward.

The oldest bible (Codex Sinaiticus) was written by a team of four men in the late 4th century and is significantly different to those we know today.

even today, different versions of Bible exists, so don't try to unite this under Bible

organised indeed tongue

Oga Ade, it's still the same the thing. It's just the English that's different. I can bring 3 different versions of a verse if you're still not convince.
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oga Ade, it's still the same the thing. It's just the English that's different. I can bring 3 different versions of a verse if you're still not convince.

nah, I still ask "Which bible"?

the one written in 4th century? or the one we read now that's totally different from it?

or the different editions you read with different interpretations?

which is it
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by luvmijeje(f): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

nah, I still ask "Which bible"?

the one written in 4th century? or the one we read now that's totally different from it?

So you've read 4th century Bible? What's the name of the Bible or is the name 4th century Bible?
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

So you've read 4th century Bible? What's the name of the Bible or is the name 4th century Bible?

check my previous post, the name is clearly written there
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I would love a theist go head to head with me on morality

I've watched several YouTube videos and read several articles on this topic

read some Shelley Kagan books and I would like to test these knowledge by debating a theist
Why not create a new topic with a fascinating heading so we learn... wink
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by luvmijeje(f): 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

check my previous post, the name is clearly written there
Hian! Which kind assignment be this? Tell me the name and let's both see how different it's from the modern Bible. But you know Jesus has not come into the world in 4th century?
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Hian! Which kind assignment be this? Tell me the name and let's both see how different it's from the modern Bible. But you know Jesus has not come into the world at 4th century?
Make i put this one 4 your head B4 you shift the goal post....

And when he came, he never said he came to abolish stuffs that have been in existence but instead to fulfill them...

HopefulLandlord, watch out oo
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Hian! Which kind assignment be this? Tell me the name and let's both see how different it's from the modern Bible. But you know Jesus has not come into the world in 4th century?
Codex Sinaiticus

Jesus hadn't come in the 4th century?

holy blood of FSM!!!

which century did he come then?

this is disappointing
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
adepeter26:

Make i put this one 4 your head B4 you shift the goal post....

And when he came, he never said he came to abolish stuffs that have been in existence but instead to fulfill them...

HopefulLandlord, watch out oo

she even said Jesus hadn't come in the 4th century

Chai!!!!
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

she even said Jesus hadn't come in the 4th century

Chai!!!!
that was why I commented immediately. Just watch out cos I see her shunting to another pathway
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hahn(m): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
johnydon22:
let me officially register my presence.. let's discuss.. hahn

Oya na. Over to you
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by luvmijeje(f): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Codex Sinaiticus

Jesus hadn't come in the 4th century?

holy blood of FSM!!!

which century did he come then?

this is disappointing
Do pardon me for that error. I

So let's jump into the different versions of the Bible.

John 1:1-3 codex sinaiticus version
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things came into being through him, and without him came into being not one thing that is in being.

This is the new king James version

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Do pardon me for that error. I

So let's jump into the different versions of the Bible.

John 1:1-3 codex sinaiticus version
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things came into being through him, and without him came into being not one thing that is in being.

This is the new king James version

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

so?
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by luvmijeje(f): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so?
What's the difference? I thought you were arguing that the different versions have different meaning. So what's the meaning of your so?
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

What's the difference? I thought you were arguing that the different versions have different meaning. So what's the meaning of your so?

ouch!

I'm hurt here

how do you compare Hitler and Mahatma Gandhi?

let me guess, Luvmijeje does the comparison by saying "They both have heads, hands, legs, torso, brain, eyes, ears, nose
etc, so they're both the same"

isn't that what you just did?
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hahn(m): 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pastafarian:

with over 3000 different sects, Christianity is really "Organised"

It is actually 30,000 denominations
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
adepeter26:
Why not create a new topic with a fascinating heading so we learn... wink
yeah but I would like to take on just one theist
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
hahn:

It is actually 30,000 denominations
thanks bro
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah but I would like to take on just one theist
Who among them.? BTW, do you think it's gonna be possible without intrusions
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by hopefulLandlord: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
adepeter26:

Who among them.? BTW, do you think it's gonna be possible without intrusions
that's the difficult part

anyone and I'm game
Re: Conversations With Christians: Morality by cooncudee(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wilgrea7:

well... I'm neutral on this... and besides... my morality is not hinged on the fear of hell or the hope of heaven
mine isn't either and so is many other not-devoted theist's. What is holding them back isn't the heaven/hell factor (which is ridiculous actually, imagine what they say the 'saved' will spend eternity doing- singing hallelujah! imagine!) smh! lets not even go to the hell part. What are holding them back are other factors like paranormal phenomena- which they likely didn't experience or are coarsed/manipulated to believe are indeed paranormal, coincidental occurences which make them believe prophecies come true or prayer works etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Existence Problems; Urgent Answers Needed / Bishop Oyedepo Reveals The Day Nigeria Will Divide / Rick Warren Partnering With Mosques To Teach That God And Allah Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.