Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG (38370 Views)

Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos) / End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by CuteTj(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
electronic:

Give innoson 1 million dollars and see... cool
1 million dollars = Just 305 million naira?? Wetin make Innoson use that one do?? That's too small for a company engaged in that kind of business to expand.

5 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Whizpeter(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
electronic:
Give innoson 1 million dollars and see... cool

The owner of Innoson is worth more than that already...
That money is small tho for an automobile manufacturing plant..

4 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by fizzy4luv(m): 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
Whizpeter:

Innoson don't have the production capacity to deliver such a gargantuan project within a short time... wink
and who says we can do a phase by phase roll in. The problem with our country is non harmonization of policies along leadership lines, while the Fed Govt is busy trying to appreciate the value of our currency, another is engaging on activities opposing their efforts.

While i appreciate the gesture of the state Govt to sanitize our transportation in keeping with the mandate to ensure Lagos state mega city status is maintained, i however questioned the rationale behind awarding such project to coys outside the shores of the country. Unemployment is alarming yet we are empowering citizens of other country simply because of selfish interest . These chop alone mentality that seems to pervade our land is why some will put millions of dollars in houses. For crying out aloud, these people can approach Innoson and cut a deal from the production. Its not new, Obasanjo allowed private telecoms firms to thrive while he allegedly enjoys certain % from the deal.

5 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by stonemind(f): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
ladyF:
And they will say buy naira to grow naira.
Whatever happened to Innoson motors? angry

Hello babes?
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by ekanDamie: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Champele:
Why not use INNOSON MOTORS. Where is Sen Ben Bruce?
do u think innoson can meet demand ? ivm only does private orders for now. dey ain't dat commercial yet
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by ycat: 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Keep deceiving yourself, even Innoson gets their cars from OEM, so why should Lagos buy from them when they can go straight to the source?
ladyF:

3 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Unclerukus: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
blackberlin:
Most people shouting "innoson" here don't know that the company doesn't have that much capacity. Go to their plant along Cele Express in Lagos and you'll see how it looks, but thats not to say we shouldn't patronize local products. . . We're still growing and we need speedy projects. God bless Nigeria. Eko oni baje!
Well, if the government is that concerned they can give out MOBILIZATION money to the firm. pay upfront from the contract, they can expand their capacity with that money. That's how smaller companies become big abroad. Nigeria here is all mouth no substance. Buy Nigeria to grow Naira my foot. Even the Govt can't Practice what they preach.

2 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Chartey(m): 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Innoson cars are also from a Chinese OEM company!
It's cheaper for the LASG to get from source.
And OP that Ghanaian company is obviously Kantanka

3 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Gba! Like you just took the words out of my mouth. Was about posting very similar comment. Tiri gbosa for you

Chartey:
Innoson cars are also from a Chinese OEM company!
It's cheaper for the LASG to get from source.
And OP that Ghanaian company is obviously Kantanka
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by gbeseun(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
ladyF:

Stop pushing innoson to level they are not, is he ready for business, how many show room he has all over Nigeria, what was his staff strength, how many ignorant gov uses innoson n for their state whatever.

2 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Originalsly: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hmmm.... a company with USD 1M doing all this stuff!.... and what have they actually made to speculation specification? ... under what name brand?...in which country? We don't know. .. but what we do know is they are better than Innoson. Wow!
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by kulex2k1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
asumo12:
LAGOS PEOPLE AND THEIR WAHALA SHA....
I parked my vehicle around Unilag axis of 3rd Mainland Bridge to answer the nature's call and within 30 seconds, five vehicles had surrounded me shouting,
"Don't do it please." Another shouting,
"you can talk to me, I can help you." they think say I wan jump? ...
Nooo... Me jump wetin? Me wey dey expect March salary!!!!
STALE!!!!!!
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by xcuggsm(m): 12:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Whizpeter:

That money is small tho for an automobile manufacturing plant..
Wurwuru corruption drain pipe for Lagos State government funds activated. shocked

US$1million to build an auto assembly plant? Abegiii!! TELL IT TO THE MARINES angry
It will end up costing US$500 million!!
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2017
Unclerukus:
Well, if the government is that concerned they can give out MOBILIZATION money to the firm. pay upfront from the contract, they can expand their capacity with that money. That's how smaller companies become big abroad. Nigeria here is all mouth no substance. Buy Nigeria to grow Naira my foot. Even the Govt can't Practice what they preach.

How many times will the govt patronize him? Do u know how many innoson cars have been bought and so many still waiting to be delivered

Nigerian govt is trying for innoson ooo, dont say what u dont know. Google it !

1 Like

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by rrichie78: 2:22am On Mar 28, 2017
people deceive people
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by psalmizt(m): 2:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Great businesses thrive on wonderful products or excellent marketting qualities. Until such a time people like innoson realise this, that useless entitlementalism that makes him always sit by the corner waiting to take advantage of will be a pipe dream. Look at the entire Nigerian space opportunities abound and until you know how to play the game you will forever remain a dwarf
ladyF:

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by psalmizt(m): 2:38am On Mar 28, 2017
It is either Innoson is not getting the game right or is too timid to expand his base. He has to be creative simple and straight forward. All over Nigeria there is no single functioning city bus service. What is Innoson or Anammco doing about it..
ladyF:

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by bigsmoke2(m): 7:27am On Mar 28, 2017
Whizpeter:

Innoson don't have the production capacity to deliver such a gargantuan project within a short time... wink
What is wrong with the innoson guy sef, he should partner up jare and expand his production capabilities. he will still have controlling share of the company most of the big automobile companies today are not owned by one man
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Whizpeter(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2017
bigsmoke2:

What is wrong with the innoson guy sef, he should partner up jare and expand his production capabilities. he will still have controlling share of the company most of the big automobile companies today are not owned by one man

Leave the Nigga alone...

When he dies now, company is likely to fold up unless he sells some share of the company to interested investors...!

I wonder why we Igbos like One man business so much, we don't even trust ourselves!
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by centboy123456(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2017
asumo12:
LAGOS PEOPLE AND THEIR WAHALA SHA....
I parked my vehicle around Unilag axis of 3rd Mainland Bridge to answer the nature's call and within 30 seconds, five vehicles had surrounded me shouting,
"Don't do it please." Another shouting,
"you can talk to me, I can help you." they think say I wan jump? ...
Nooo... Me jump wetin? Me wey dey expect March salary!!!!

lol waiting u cum tell them na dey think say u one jump to the lagoon
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by simpleseyi: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2017
ladyF:

How many Innoson or Innodaughter vehicles have Abia, Imo, Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi state governors bought? You don't want Yoruba party, but you want Amala and Ewedu money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by dimade1: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2017
I am currently need a taxi driver, if you can drive between Ajah to epe with valid driver's licence, pls contact me on 07081792066
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Highvotage: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2017
This company manufacture for Innoson as well. If you doubt me, pick any of Innoson vehicle you know, check for the engine model/number of that vehicle on Innoson website, copy the number and search for it on web and you will see the origin of it.
Let's not fight yourself.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Unclerukus: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
blackberlin:

How many times will the govt patronize him? Do u know how many innoson cars have been bought and so many still waiting to be delivered

Nigerian govt is trying for innoson ooo, dont say what u dont know. Google it !
very well, it's because the market, there's no demand so they only produce on request, they can't produce units down when Nigerians like foreign cars, they'll run into loss. Their cars are probably handmade with old technology and they don't have an automated assembly plant to produce in batches and in time. Every thing has a beginning, the Govt should give them good money and see what they can do, or even partner them. It's just like the everyday case of the Nigerian youth, hardworking with good business ideas but can't get support from the government or the banks to give you some venture capital. My brother, give Innoson like $10m and see what they do with that, mind you, that money I put there is small compared to the gargantuan amount of money they steal in Government.
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by Chartey(m): 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Unclerukus:
very well, it's because the market, there's no demand so they only produce on request, they can't produce units down when Nigerians like foreign cars, they'll run into loss. Their cars are probably handmade with old technology and they don't have an automated assembly plant to produce in batches and in time. Every thing has a beginning, the Govt should give them good money and see what they can do, or even partner them. It's just like the everyday case of the Nigerian youth, hardworking with good business ideas but can't get support from the government or the banks to give you some venture capital. My brother, give Innoson like $10m and see what they do with that, mind you, that money I put there is small compared to the gargantuan amount of money they steal in Government.

Innoson cars are Chinese cars. The internet is free to use
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by mikoy100: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Get 50% ROI in just 2days.
This is real guys.. All ponzi has flopped and this is still on point, Pays well.....
https://www.positivearena.co.uk
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by nextstep(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Whizpeter:

True, but if there was a real coordinated government, they'd say, "Innoson, how long and how much do you need to ramp up? Here's 50%"
And they'd phase in the new buses gradually as they become available.
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by amanikondo: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
by the way, do you know that a car firm in Africa actually used this firm as a cover up for their company? The firm claimed that they built their cars 100% locally, but its all lies and cover up.
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/the-company-behind-new-danfo-buses-in.html

It is innoson now. I have been in contact with the company before and what Innoson is just doing is re-badge.

1 Like

Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by amanikondo: 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
nextstep:

True, but if there was a real coordinated government, they'd say, "Innoson, how long and how much do you need to ramp up? Here's 50%"
And they'd phase in the new buses gradually as they become available.

The Lagos State Government is buying directly from where Innoson is buying too. That is the same manufacturer of Innoson motor.
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by amanikondo: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
ladyF:

Chairman. Innoson is not manufacturing anything. They buy from the same Chinese that Lagos state is buying from.

We are trying to save our Amala and Ewedu money here. That will be double money. We are buying our van from the same vendor as innoson. Do more research.
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by oyatz(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
The main problem with Innoson is that it's a One man business.
If Innoson should list his company on the stock exchange and become the majority shareholder in a PLC,he will have greater financial and human resources needed to take the company to higher level that can dominant Nigerian auto market.

[quote author=donnie post=55010328]

Nonsense, then why not over a period of time instead of putting pressure on dollar? Na who dey pursue them? And who said innoson cannot expand their capacity in view of such a huge business?[/q
Re: The Company Behind New Danfo Buses in Lagos Unveiled - AutoReportNG by donnie(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
oyatz:
The main problem with Innoson is that it's a One man business.
If Innoson should list his company on the stock exchange and become the majority shareholder in a PLC,he will have greater financial and human resources needed to take the company to higher level that can dominant Nigerian auto market.

Mtcheeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Cars That Are Not Very Suitable For Men / Car Submerged In Massive Flood In Benin After Hours Of Rainfall. Photos / Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.