Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme (13703 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: BBC UNCOVERS MASSIVE VOTE BUYING IN BOKO-HARAM HELD REGIONS / Saraki Alleges Massive Fraud In The Oil Sector / FG Uncovers Massive Land Fraud In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Austin234(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2017
The rule that disqualifies a husband and wife from being benficiaries each is that was based on federal character. Regional consideration also comes into play. Base on this, a husband and wife is disqualified

CoolKizzy:
this is a piece of propaganda, I'm a youwin awardee, if a husband and a wife, two separate individuals meets the stated standards for grant and economic development. ... there is no rule that disqualifies any of them...

I don't see any fraud here... ministry of finance scrapped the best government initiative ever and are looking for excuses to cover it up. Nigeria shall be great again someday... sadly not today.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by fatiaforreal: 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
The concept of Youwin is fantastic. It brought out the ingenuity and business sagacity in many Nigerian youth. To the best of my knowledge, with particular reference to youwin3, I think overall the programme was successful. Majority of the winners did not need to know anybody. From interaction you could tell they were mostly intelligent people. However, that doesn't mean the government of the day is crying wolf where there's none. You can't rule out human factor completely in the process, every interview has a degree of subjectivity as was the case in the last phase of the programme, but that, for me is down more to luck than anything else.
The above is applicable to the majority of the winners, you can't be sure it's applicable to everyone. It's like prepararing for exam in a group of hardworking students, all you do is studying, you're never aware of anything else, but that doesn't mean some people are not plotting their stratagem. If government finds some criminality, we should believe them. That shouldn't take any credit away from the majority who won the grants deservedly. The performance of their businesses as of now should be a testimony to their credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by southsouthman: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
This is absolute nonsense. How did they get to know that those candidates would not have made it if not because they were aided. I do not blame these propagandist. I blame those who believe these shits.
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by engrdosmen01(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kindly Sms TBoss to 32052 via your mobile phones and vote for her, she needs ur votes.[/quote] vote for which credit?
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by darlenese(f): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
This is the most annoying post I have read!

I won youwin without any connection ' my business us going well and I know so many who won it without any fucking connection. ,

APC just want to condemn all GEJs programme
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by deji68: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2017
[b]A reliable source [/b]in the ministry of finance told The PUNCH that investigators had already discovered that some senior civil servants gave out or facilitated slots worth between N 7m and N10m each to their spouses, children and friends.
unkown "Reliable source" new name for spreading lies cool cool cool
Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by chimaraiyke(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
YOUWIN IS I00 MILES BETTER THAN BOI YES - P SCAM AND N-POWER SCAM

1 Like

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by Austin234(m): 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
Tell me there no mixture of true and untrue situation in ur so called business write on which u were paid off whether the so called business exist or not. Isn't that corruption on ur side.

I am not a fan of this present administration but will always stand for the truth no matter whose ox is gored. When u are called up to render account of ur steewardship, for Christ sake, do just that without any grudges

PapaBrowne:

All this kind of responses without logic just beats me!!
A probe has been carried out according to the report and the probe claims there was massive corruption. In the end, it talked about nepotism.

Now, why would you discover corruption and the people that partook in the act are still sitting pretty in their offices??

Helping someone with a business plan is corruption?? That's illiteracy on your part!! Business plans are not exams ok?

I'm tired of all these lies period! They are built for gullible Nigerians like you to cover up for the failures of this administration.

Re: Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme by winningwinner(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The lies in this government are just nauseating.

YOUWIN was and remains the only program run in Nigeria in recent years that was devoid of Nepotism.

I know a number of people that won and they did so only with very sound business plans. I wrote business plans for a few people and they won without knowing anyone in Abuja.

The other lie is that it favored people from a particular region. This program was region based with a maximum cap per region. The names of the winners are online with their states of origin.

There is a thread on nairaland for YOUWIN winners and you can verify from the discussions whether there was any sense of nepotism.
This was an internationally acclaimed program that had the input of the DFID & Worldbank.

The main reason this government is failing and would continue failing is because it was founded on lies upon lies.

Let them continue deceiving themselves. Who are those you caught with the issues that you mentioned? You instituted a probe panel and they made recommendations and you are jumping to high heavens that you have uncovered fraud, which you are not sure whether it is fraud or not. What if the Director's son actually did not ride on the father's back to win the grant?
This is a government of witches and wizards, who are only happy when the people are crying. But the truth is that every with must DIE!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Supreme Court To Hear Appeals On October 30 / Kagara Abduction: Niger, Zamfara Hold Talks, Troops Locate Students, Workers / Imo, The Supreme Court Jurists And The Ills Of Democracy By Eberechukwu Lebechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.