Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison (34355 Views)

FAAN Condemns Adamawa Governor Fintiri For Violating COVID-19 Rules At Airport. / Adamawa Governor Elect, Fintiri Visit Governor Wike - Photos / Ex-adamawa Deputy Governor, Tahir Dumps PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by HungerBAD: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2017
By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor & Umar Yusuf ABUJA—

Who wrote the letter asking an Adamawa State High Court judge to release the convicted former governor of the state, James Balla Ngilari, from prison?

This is the key question the leadership of the Nigeria Prison Service was battling to unravel last night, a few hours after some forces within the service had connived to free Ngilari, who had barely served a month out of his five-year jail term, from prison.

Vanguard learned that although the authors of the letter asking the judge to release Ngilari from prison, had claimed that the communication emanated from the Headquarters of the NPS in Abuja, the Controller General, Mr. Ja’afaru Ahmed, last night denied knowledge of such a letter from his office.

A furious Ja’afaru, whose attention was drawn to the embarrassing develop-ment, immediately ordered the issuance of query and suspension of all the elements involved in the forgery of the letter freeing the former governor. The National Public Relations Officer of the NPS, Mr. Francis Enobore, confirmed to Vanguard last night that the CG had already ordered a thorough investigation into the scam to enable the service deal decisively with the perpetrators of the crime.

This is to bring to the attention of all Nigerians that the Controller General of the NPS, Mr. Ja’afaru Ahmed, neither authorised the issuance of the said letter to the judge to release the convicted former governor nor was he briefed on the matter.

Accordingly, the CG has ordered the querying and suspension of all the officials involved in the embarrassing action so as to take necessary disciplinary actions against them. “As a result of the ugly development, the CG has written a protest letter to both the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice in Adamawa State and the judge, who granted Ngilari bail, that the said letter asking for the bail to be granted was clandestinely obtained.

One of our correspondents reports that the suspicious letter to the judge to free Ngilari was reportedly signed by one Mr John Bukar, Deputy Comptroller of Prisons in charge of Health, who claimed that the convict’s blood pressure and other ailments had reached an alarming level, giving the impression that the headquarter of his office had sanctioned the action.

The author of the letter made a case for Ngilari to be moved from Nigeria to seek medical attention in a Canadian Hospital in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, UAE. Acting on the letter, the presiding judge, Justice Nathan Musa, ordered the release of the former governor from prison on bail in the sum of N100 million and two sureties. It will be recalled that Bala James Ngilari was convicted on March 6, 2017 to five-year imprison-ment without an option of fine for fraud related offences while he was governor between October 8, 2014 and May 29, 2015.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/heads-to-roll-over-convicted-ex-adamawa-govs-release-from-prison/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by benedictnsi(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by kingphilip(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
He governed a state for only 8 months and his fraud case is getting him a five year jail term.. I wonder if he had started and completed two tenures probably he would have bagged life imprisonment

I think various prisons should have a hospital to take care of basic and minor health challenges of those convicted so as to avoid a repeat of this excuse

25 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Lucy001(f): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2017
grin

Which head would roll, na today, na dem dem na, do not be surprise that it is someone in this govt dat is a friend to the former governor dat perfected his release, do not forget dat of James Ibori of Delta state, how is own was pre-arranged for save landing in 9ja...

Kindly Sms vote TBoss to 32052, she needs ur votes @ this point in time, to keep her in the house.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by pyyxxaro: 8:44am On Mar 28, 2017
Nor be only heads go roll

Naaa Yansh go roll undecided

2 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Freewoman(f): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Problem full this Nigeria, Criminals everywhere........................................., Am changing this name Nigeria to Biafra republic, and the MAP remain thesame, just the name please

2 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by OfficialAwol(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2017
Times like these are when you get to know that his incarceration was the handiwork of a fifth columnist in the first place.

They believed justice was done when he was jailed, but has refused to accept that it is still justice, now that he's been released.

Bunch of #Mumu yeyes

1 Like

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by mradonis(m): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2017
What a country.. Nigeria a country where the laws apply only to the poor. 5 years has turned a month. Who knows how long such runs has been going on. When will all these End.

So ashamed to call myself a nigerian lately.. From senators silly acts, to fake payed protester,budget padding, to killings every where Etc..
Na wa ooooo.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Franchise21(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2017
OK
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Daviddson(m): 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
A former governor sentenced to jail and it's all like it's a biiiiiiiiiig deal. How is he different from a street thief? Israel has jailed at least 3 of its former leaders within the past 8 0r 9 years alone. The CEO of South Korea's largest corporation, Samsung, is currently in jail awaiting possible prosecution. Can that happen to Dangote if he were ever to commit some infraction today? South Korea's former President was removed earlier this month and *thousands* are still protesting for her to be jailed... undecided

14 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by tunderay(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
So does that bail means he won't go back to jail? I think its high time the government build a clinic that can take care of things like this. How can someone that has been sentenced to prison got bail? This country is a joke.

6 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
tunderay:
So does that bail means he won't go back to jail? I think its high time the government build a clinic that can take care of things like this. How can someone that has been sentenced to prison got bail? This country is a joke.
It means he will spend it in the hospital

1 Like

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Mrkjay: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
shocked
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by otitokoroleti: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
guess what? ayam less konsernd grin grin
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by omenkaLives(m): 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
It means he will spend it in the hospital
grin
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Victornezzar: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Choi
There was once a country
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by spartan117(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
All service agencies under buhari are incompetent

2 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by obailala(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Chai... so we still haven't overcome this sad tale where the rich never get punished?.. This is one of the primary reasons I supported a person like Buhari being president, to see at least one big man go to jail... but it's obvious we aren't still there yet. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by botad(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
He want to go for medical attention in Dubai while serving a jail term in Nigeria?

Nigeria I hail thee!

8 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by donbenz(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
i Blame Dino Daniel Melaye for this cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Valdblngx: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
I always say this in public. I ain't proud of my country

2 Likes

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by blackpanda: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
But they said Buhari regime is only after southerners

Wailers are daft!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by helphelp: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmmm...

We are watching
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Moreoffaith(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nigeria?
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by Abbeyme: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Scam?
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by imugula: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
[b][quote author=kingphilip post=55022661]He governed a state for only 8 months and his fraud case is getting him a five year jail term.. I wonder if he had started and completed two tenures probably he would have bagged life imprisonment [/b]

Rather, he would have made enough money to use in avoiding jail terms
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by omenkaLives(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Daviddson:
A former governor sentenced to jail and it's all like it's a biiiiiiiiiig deal. How is he different from a street thief? Israel has jailed at least 3 of its former leaders within the past 8 0r 9 years alone. The CEO of South Korea's largest corporation, Samsung, is currently in jail awaiting possible prosecution. Can that happen to Dangote if he were ever to commit some infraction today? South Korea's former President was removed earlier this month and *thousands* are still protesting for her to be jailed... undecided
Welcome to Nigeria. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
omenkaLives:
grin
You Don smoke again? LOL omenka I lost my phone and your number... I still get my line... Gist de
Re: Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison by eph123(f): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Won't you guys blame Jonathan for this? cheesy Please do. He must somehow have a hand in that letter that was written.

Nigeria we hail thee.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram / Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured / ICC Confirms Receipt Of Petition Against Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.