Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,731 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? (34579 Views)

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria / Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by loadedvibes: 8:43am On Mar 29, 2017
E suppose o
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2017
The greed and anachronistic wickedness of Nigerians will not allow it to come down, in the next two months.

If the tempo is sustained, by June, we will start feeling the impact of the rising naira.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2017
If prices of goods fall like dollar then check well, either you are dreaming or u are not in Nigeria ...thank you
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Ola2004: 8:44am On Mar 29, 2017
H
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Simeony007(m): 8:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 29, 2017
The only items whose prices go down in Nigeria is food stuff, and thats because most of it is local, prices of phones electronics ,cars and other flashy stuff will remain at their new high prices.

I remember when Infinix hot 1 and 2 came out the introductory price of N12500 and N14500 on jumia, now these phones are selling above n35000, partly due to devaluation of naira, high custom duties and greediness of Nigerians.

Prices of phones aint going down soon, if you want to buy I suggest you buy now, theres hardly any new android phone of 5' selling for N20,000= any where unless its second hand.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Ademoore07(m): 8:49am On Mar 29, 2017
skyhighweb:
but happens if one shop sells faster will they now wait for the others tto sell abi kini

Yet, we still have some greedy dealers/sellers who won't reduce their prices. Smh
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Hizzojay(m): 8:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by CarlosTheJackal: 8:50am On Mar 29, 2017
chuks34:
Pls guys am in a delima abt a good phone to buy, who can recommend a good phone dat won't be hanging like my last phone, am having 30k pls epp
i have a Techno R7 in perfect working condition for 18k. It has a 2gig RAM and it has never hanged.

PM me
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by melejo(m): 8:51am On Mar 29, 2017
Op phone price will keep soaring high until you go back to primary school and learn how to write. Olodo everywhere

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by rhektor(m): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2017
For sure, whatever goes up in Nigeria stays up. Just like certificates saga
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Rick9(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2017
Javalist:
Most of these phone sellers are greedy.. The best way to save yourself some hassles is to get a Dollar card loaded with BDC Dollar (now N365/$) and order for these phones directly from AliExpress, Amazon or Ebay. You'll get them a lot cheaper there since they directly with Dollar.

Pls how can I get that, because the last time I tried using my STANBIC MasterCard on Aliexpress it was rejected
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by gmajor10(m): 8:58am On Mar 29, 2017
chuks34:
Pls guys am in a delima abt a good phone to buy, who can recommend a good phone dat won't be hanging like my last phone, am having 30k pls epp

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, dust n waterproof. 2gb ram, 16 GB available for for 38k
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by adedayourt(m): 9:01am On Mar 29, 2017
samirnasri:
but if dollar goes up, they wont hesitate to increase the price instantly even when they still have enough old stock. Humans sha

Well u may be right but I need u to understand it dis way.

Replacement Cost

RC in simple English is the cost at which a retailer replenish his stock, now if he buys Batch A at #50, he ll probly sell at #60 nd make a profit of #10

But while Batch A is still in stock der is speculations that prices already increases to #70.

From that info, if he continues to sell left over of Batch A at old price, it implies he won't be able to re-stock wen Batch A is out even togeda with he profit.

This is where replacement cost cones into play.

Therefore it is normal for the retailer to change the price of Wat is left of Batch A to the currently avail info regarding increase in price just to accommodate subsequent replacement. This is because he ll replace at the increased prices.

tried to do without dos accounting/finance term to aid easy understanding of how it works

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by sabastinepatrick(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2017
skyhighweb:
Since the dollar is reducing when will one start seeing changes cause man cannot b buying a phone worth 50k for 100k na beans online stores no even dey try person for day make him wait for Easter things but we all know dey can lie like lia moha (cough) any way when u peeps think prices will start to fall
one thing about nigerian traders is when the price of a commodity go high due to one factor or the other the use that as an oppurtunity to inflate the price forever.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Chikpat(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Prices of phones shud fall. Its overdue. I cant wait for orices of ohones n laptops to fall
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by ceejay80s(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Op, so if dollar fall, na phone be ur problem? U no even talk about food items....
Nigerians sef
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by signz: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Before we feel the impact of falling value of dollar, it'll take up to 2 months more. Old stocks must finish nah grin
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2017
import the phone yourself from Amazon
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2017
adedayourt:

Well u may be right but I need u to understand it dis way.

Replacement Cost

RC in simple English is the cost at which a retailer replenish his stock, now if he buys Batch A at #50, he ll probly sell at #60 nd make a profit of #10

But while Batch A is still in stock der is speculations that prices already increases to #70.

From that info, if he continues to sell left over of Batch A at old price, it implies he won't be able to re-stock wen Batch A is out even togeda with he profit.

This is where replacement cost cones into play.

Therefore it is normal for the retailer to change the price of Wat is left of Batch A to the currently avail info regarding increase in price just to accommodate subsequent replacement. This is because he ll replace at the increased prices.

tried to do without dos accounting/finance term to aid easy understanding of how it works

Cheers
well this is still wrong because after he finishes batch A, then goes back to the market to buy a new batch at a new price then he will also sell at a new price to adjust to the changes in price so that he can make profit.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by eph12(m): 9:19am On Mar 29, 2017
Cousim:
365# sef is too much.. combine 1,2 or 3 Gtb MasterCards, u will be charged 320/$
How do you combine different cards for one transaction?
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by oruma19: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Until the old stocks are sold and new ones come in it wouldn't. If all things being equal, the price of dollar to naira reduces or remains constant, then the price of phones will
old stock ko, ancient stick ni...people had old stock when dollar rose, they changed price immediately and made windfall. Let them balance it up now. Greedy Nigerians. Dollar don fall una de shout old stock. Nigerians are the problem if Nigeria. I always say it.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Ermacc: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2017
samirnasri:
but if dollar goes up, they wont hesitate to increase the price instantly even when they still have enough old stock. Humans sha
its not humans! What you stated is supported by universal theories.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by thunderbabs: 9:28am On Mar 29, 2017
This dollar fall is only momentary...i dont see it lasting that long....especially still vin buhari at the top...

My forecast is prices wouldnt come down, not so fast...bcoz businessmen who xstand forex in relation to the state of the Nigerian economy knows this fall is just a temporary palliative measure to ease the dollar scarcity.

The dollar has been available with the CBN all along buh they chose to cause artificial scarcity causing hyper-inflation and high cost of doing business which has, of course made this economy go down low.

Buhari is an olodo buh it is still his "change" sh*it tinz anyway...

Phone prices are f....ing craxy ryt now

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by adedayourt(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

well this is still wrong because after he finishes batch A, then goes back to the market to buy a new batch at a new price then he will also sell at a new price to adjust to the changes in price so that he can make profit.

Would you like to run ur business at a loss?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by secondincommand: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2017
skyhighweb:
Since the dollar is reducing when will one start seeing changes cause man cannot b buying a phone worth 50k for 100k na beans online stores no even dey try person for day make him wait for Easter things but we all know dey can lie like lia moha (cough) any way when u peeps think prices will start to fall
Hello bro... So hw much is dollar now.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Dakad: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Until the old stocks are sold and new ones come in it wouldn't. If all things being equal, the price of dollar to naira reduces or remains constant, then the price of phones will

Will this be the case if the price of dollar increases. We are just our own enemy in this country.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:38am On Mar 29, 2017
adedayourt:

Would you like to run ur business at a loss?
no but I believe business men and women owe it to thier customers to sell goods to them at a fair price and not to take advantage of them.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by kurt09(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2017
secondincommand:
Hello bro... So hw much is dollar now.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by seanwilliam(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Nigerians are wicked....think of it...how does dollar affect Garri?..even if dollar reduces to 160, the best thing that can happen is for the price of some things like phone to remain constant.. We're the one behind our misfortune...everyone is just hiding under the dollar don rise ooo..
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by secondincommand: 9:53am On Mar 29, 2017
kurt09:
wow....... Good very good..
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by skyhighweb(m): 9:55am On Mar 29, 2017
melejo:
Op phone price will keep soaring high until you go back to primary school and learn how to write. Olodo everywhere
you are a fool, biggest one have meant today n i feel no one else will top ur foolishness today, ode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) / TECNO PHANTOM 9 Wrapped In Aurora-inspired Beauty / What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.