Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? (34593 Views)

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria / Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by skyhighweb(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2017
it better come down soon wanna sell my honor 5c then add moni to buy am for another one
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2017
Javalist:
Most of these phone sellers are greedy.. The best way to save yourself some hassles is to get a Dollar card loaded with BDC Dollar (now N365/$) and order for these phones directly from AliExpress, Amazon or Ebay. You'll get them a lot cheaper there since they directly with Dollar.
are you sure Nigeria regulatory agents won't disturb or seize the product.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Javalist: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
adeniyisamuel59:
are you sure Nigeria regulatory agents won't disturb or seize the product.

Phones are one of the electronic devices you can import from foreign country into Nigeria. We do not produce them here domestically.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by gmajor10(m): 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
chuks34:

ok thanks
Interested?
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
gmajor10:

Interested?
not really
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by rookidmart: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
ndcide:

PLEASE educate me. I'm interested in how to do it.
Abeg
Check this post for details : https://www.nairaland.com/post/53579932

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by tundelomo(m): 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
gmajor10:

You can check it online for the specs, and also check out videos of the m4 aqua
34k? make i com take am
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by gmajor10(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2017
tundelomo:
34k? make i com take am

Hehehehehehe grin
For that price you mention e go hard o..... Up it then you fit come inspect, and if you like take am..... After paying sha
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by CarlosTheJackal: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
churchkilo:
is the phone still available
Yes. Check your mail
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by gmajor10(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2017
tundelomo:
34k? make i com take am

Come take am
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by samirnasri(m): 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
I perfectly understand what you just explained. Consider this other scenario. A Seller currently has a particular stock which he purchased for lets say $30 per unit, and intends selling for $33. that would give him a profit of $3 per unit. Due to current trends, the price drops substantially to $20. would he be willing to sell those products for $23, considering the fact that he would conveniently be able to restock?
Alonu:
I understand your plight quite well. But for instance as a phone dealer you buy a phone for 30k and sell for 33k and while you have that stock the dollar goes up and your supplier now sells for say 34k by the time you exhaust your stock which you got for 30k and sold for 33k how do you get the extra 1k to buy new stock at 34k. Its easier to condemn from the outside but once you are involved in business like this then you would understand better.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Jodforex(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2017
samirnasri:
I perfectly understand what you just explained. Consider this other scenario. A Seller currently has a particular stock which he purchased for lets say $30 per unit, and intends selling for $33. that would give him a profit of $3 per unit. Due to current trends, the price drops substantially to $20. would he be willing to sell those products for $23, considering the fact that he would conveniently be able to restock?

Sure he will be able to conveniently restock, owing to the fact that the new cost of the product dropped by approx 34%.

The only issue will be on the stocks he has left before the price drooped from $30 to $20..
That is why its advisable to get the support of the mobile company you are selling their product before you venture into it.

If it were to be a dealer or sub-dealer that is been supported by the mobile company he/she is distributing their product, what will happen is that the mobile company will give you a rebate to cover cost for the drop in price.
Those without the mobile company's support, will just have to bear the loss, and move on.....
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2017
karnap:
While you are waiting for old stocks to finish before you wil start selling it at the reducing price,i wil cross the other side and buy it there...cos some one just open new shop there.:-DB-)
It doesn't work that way. Even the road side you opt in for will pay dearly for it when there's fluctuation in price
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 09, 2017
hermosa7:

But a lot of them sold their old stock for higher prices when dollar went up nah

angry
That's because they anticipated and wanted to cover any loss should there be any change. The dollar Naira palava is temporary. We have not treated the root but only cut off some steam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO PHANTOM 9 Wrapped In Aurora-inspired Beauty / What Made You Switch To Iphone And Never Looked Back?? / Recommended Mobile Anti Virus For Tecno Android And Other Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.