Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? (34622 Views)

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria / Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by skyhighweb(m): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2017
ceejay80s:
Op, so if dollar fall, na phone be ur problem? U no even talk about food items....
Nigerians sef
ur problem is not my problem

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Alonu(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2017
samirnasri:
but if dollar goes up, they wont hesitate to increase the price instantly even when they still have enough old stock. Humans sha
I understand your plight quite well. But for instance as a phone dealer you buy a phone for 30k and sell for 33k and while you have that stock the dollar goes up and your supplier now sells for say 34k by the time you exhaust your stock which you got for 30k and sold for 33k how do you get the extra 1k to buy new stock at 34k. Its easier to condemn from the outside but once you are involved in business like this then you would understand better.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Beedude(m): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2017
adedayourt:

Well u may be right but I need u to understand it dis way.

Replacement Cost

RC in simple English is the cost at which a retailer replenish his stock, now if he buys Batch A at #50, he ll probly sell at #60 nd make a profit of #10

But while Batch A is still in stock der is speculations that prices already increases to #70.

From that info, if he continues to sell left over of Batch A at old price, it implies he won't be able to re-stock wen Batch A is out even togeda with he profit.

This is where replacement cost cones into play.

Therefore it is normal for the retailer to change the price of Wat is left of Batch A to the currently avail info regarding increase in price just to accommodate subsequent replacement. This is because he ll replace at the increased prices.

tried to do without dos accounting/finance term to aid easy understanding of how it works

Cheers
Thanks. People dont understand this concept .

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by omokab: 11:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Another thing that can affect the prices of good to fall is expectation. If people stop patronising phone with the expectation that the price will fall it will definitely bring down. The
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by tosyne2much(m): 11:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Jodforex:
Sure prices of most mobile devices will definitely drop. Infinix dropped prices of most of their device last week, same with tecno and hopefully by nextweek a new price will be rolled out again.

What you guyz need to know about mobile phone company and price is that there is a regulatory body that monitors the price dealers, sub-dealers and even key retail stores sell. Selling below or above a particular range without approval might get you de-licensed to sell their product.

What most people do now in other to sell off their products, they give a form of discount to the customer, but the reciept will bear the actual cost of the items the customer purchased.

The category of people that will get their fingers burnt as a result of the appreciation of naira over dollars are

- Those people that bought phones in large quantity and stocked when dollar was quite high

- Some sub-dealers

- Retailers

Dealers of major phone brand mostly get rebate from the company that will help cover the loss from the rate they purchased to the new lower rate. Some sub-dealers and retailers are left to bear their losses.... business is indeed a big risk
Good analysis bro

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by CellTabRepairs: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2017
There must be stability first in the exchange rate without continuous CBN interventions. If it remains steady like Western union rate has been at 375 then surely prices will go down. The market forces of demand and supply will do that. Those who remain high will not sell as their neighbour drops and so on. Except dem get union... grin

WE'RE ALMOST IN April 2017 ALREADY! Can't you see? Still waiting and wasting when you have hands? Are U still searching for work 2017?; Between age 18-50 yrs; A graduate or school leaver? Retired, Sacked or tired of low wage work; For a low start-up costs biz with high returns that: 1.Make for U average $30-$50 or more daily 2.Expose U to opportunities in people 3. Increase your IT knowledge 4.Make Money to be looking for U.5.Make U an employer! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Charly68: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Until new stocks arrive you can't see changes . It is what people buy that they will sell first & nobody want to sell at a loss . Let us pray that naira value will keep appreciating so that we can come out of hardship fast .

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by saxby(f): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2017
We pray it does, I want to. Ur a Tecno phone
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by donbenz(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2017
i see ipods crying already grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by hermosa7: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Until the old stocks are sold and new ones come in it wouldn't. If all things being equal, the price of dollar to naira reduces or remains constant, then the price of phones will

But a lot of them sold their old stock for higher prices when dollar went up nah

angry
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Ejanla07: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2017
skyhighweb:
but happens if one shop sells faster will they now wait for the others tto sell abi kini

You will have to wait until d importer change his price
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by phenomem(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
When have you seen the price of goods go down in Nigeria? The rules of demand and supply don't play here
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by thebadmus(m): 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
chuks34:
Pls guys am in a delima abt a good phone to buy, who can recommend a good phone dat won't be hanging like my last phone, am having 30k pls epp
Ulefone Tiger phone from Aliexpress is 30400 but if yu order from useless Jiji it was 56k and jumia own will be higher
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by ndcide(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Javalist:
Most of these phone sellers are greedy.. The best way to save yourself some hassles is to get a Dollar card loaded with BDC Dollar (now N365/$) and order for these phones directly from AliExpress, Amazon or Ebay. You'll get them a lot cheaper there since they directly with Dollar.

Please educate me on how it's done. I really want to try it.
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by ndcide(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cousim:
365# sef is too much.. combine 1,2 or 3 Gtb MasterCards, u will be charged 320/$

PLEASE educate me. I'm interested in how to do it.

Abeg
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by kogbaski99: 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
I pray it does so I can get the PhonePad 3
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by karnap(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
While you are waiting for old stocks to finish before you wil start selling it at the reducing price,i wil cross the other side and buy it there...cos some one just open new shop there.:-DB-)
asuustrike2009:

Until the old stocks are sold and new ones come in it wouldn't. If all things being equal, the price of dollar to naira reduces or remains constant, then the price of phones will

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by captainteejay(m): 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
very soon,,, wetin concerns me self
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by allenuzoma(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
opeyemix:

Guy just go for
Oukitel u20 I prefer buying it on banggood bcus of their fast customer service

Or

INFINIX NOTE 3 Look for someone that wants to sell the second and. U shud be able to get it on jiji or olx.
please where can I get DAT oukitel
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by adedayourt(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

no but I believe business men and women owe it to thier customers to sell goods to them at a fair price and not to take advantage of them.

True

And dats y every customer has d oppurtunity to do a marker survey bfor settling for the best price he can afford.

Every seller has personal nd varying "cost to sell" dey factor bfor arriving at their selling price
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
adedayourt:

True

And dats y every customer has d oppurtunity to do a marker survey bfor settling for the best price he can afford.

Every seller has personal nd varying "cost to sell" dey factor bfor arriving at their selling price
well said.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by ibinaboonline: 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
Don't expect that much fall in price. 350 to a dollar is still far from where it used to be. If you're still dreaming about the era of 2,500 for Nokia torch, then let's hope naira comes back to 200 for a $ or less... just like b4

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by davidsthe(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cousim:
365# sef is too much.. combine 1,2 or 3 Gtb MasterCards, u will be charged 320/$

Please how do i combine 2 or 3 gtb masterCards. Thank you
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Javalist: 3:25am On Mar 30, 2017
Cousim:

Please enlighten me, how do you make one payment with separate cards on sites like AliExpress or Ebay?
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by Javalist: 3:27am On Mar 30, 2017
jazinogold:
can dollar card b loaded by bdc? and which bank will gv u dollar card without you having a dorm account?

Yes sure, go to the streets and buy the dollar (365/$) then take to the bank and deposit in your Domiciliary account when you already have one.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by churchkilo(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
i have a Techno R7 in perfect working condition for 18k. It has a 2gig RAM and it has never hanged.

PM me
is the phone still available
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2017
thebadmus:
Ulefone Tiger phone from Aliexpress is 30400 but if yu order from useless Jiji it was 56k and jumia own will be higher
all this online stores can charge higer sha
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2017
gmajor10:

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, dust n waterproof. 2gb ram, 16 GB available for for 38k
wow very cool
but will the water proof be reliable cause we they enter rainy season so o
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
i have a Techno R7 in perfect working condition for 18k. It has a 2gig RAM and it has never hanged.

PM me
sorry bro. i wan buy tear carton
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2017
opeyemix:

Guy just go for
Oukitel u20 I prefer buying it on banggood bcus of their fast customer service

Or

INFINIX NOTE 3 Look for someone that wants to sell the second and. U shud be able to get it on jiji or olx.
bro i want a tear carton phone o, nd nerver hear of banggood
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by gmajor10(m): 9:27am On Mar 30, 2017
chuks34:
wow very cool
but will the water proof be reliable cause we they enter rainy season so o

You can check it online for the specs, and also check out videos of the m4 aqua
Re: Dollar Fall: Will Phone Prices Go Down Now? by chuks34(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2017
gmajor10:

You can check it online for the specs, and also check out videos of the m4 aqua
ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Glo Gift-data, Here, Now. / Recommended Mobile Anti Virus For Tecno Android And Other Android Phones / 4 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Built-in Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.