Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

That Feeling... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / That Feeling... (535 Views)

The Feeling Stays On / To those feeling sucidal / That One Writer You Have Not Read Yet Or Not Feeling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Feeling... by Edeoghogho24(f): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
A new day has begun, and I'm on my way to school. 

I'm sitting in the bus and imagining what philosophy and logic is going to be like. 

Interrupting my thought  is the voice of the bus driver and a certain woman, they seem to be arguing over God knows what, and for some unknown reasons I find their argument quite  funny and interesting... At the end of their little show, I'm like "women are generally troublesome". 

At last, I'm in school, University of Benin. On a normal day, I would have taken a bus straight to my faculty, but today not being a normal day for me, I decide to walk to my destination. 

Today being the last day of exams has definitely lit up the faces of so many uniben students, my face being one of them....

I have finally  gotten to my destination, but annoyingly I have to look for familiar faces ;as the faces I'm seeing aren't encouraging.. 

After taking a brisk walk away from the crowd, I finally set eyes on a familiar face, and just like magic, more familiar faces begin to appear. Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief. 

I'm chit chatting with my fellow course mates,and the phrase,  "I'm traveling immediately after my exam", seems to be the theme of our chat.. Everyone is hurrying to go home. 

At first I'm like, "what's the rush, it's just 2weeks break", but then I get to understand their  excitement. Heaven knows that uniben is nothing like home. As my coursemates will popularly say, "Home Is Bae". 

"Class bae, are you not going home for the holiday?someone asks  "and my reply is" my dear I don't know oh ".. I actually do know, I guess I don't just have the strength to start explaining to anyone my reason for not going home. Students like asking to much questions jare, ENL(English and literature) students to be precise. 

The hour we have been waiting for is finally here. I and my friends wish each other success as we match into the ICT building were we will be writing our first CBT exam. The whole scenario takes me down memory lane, as I remember the day of my  JAMB examination. All I could do was smile, the smile that got other students looking at me. Who cares? It's my smile not theirs! 

"Philosophy and logic oh, you did not just try at all ".. That's the phrase on almost everyone's lips, not mine sha ooo. But I'm still wondering who would set questions like that for freshers, Haba! If  I had seen the lecturer at that moment, I would have probably walked up to him, smiled at him  and told him" Wehdone Sir" The exam was really a logical one. Well it is well. 

As usual, students will always be students,as all roads lead to the swimming complex. Trust art student,  dey no dey carry last. They had to celebrate their last paper jare, and as for me... As for me... My celebration was within. 

Home is calling, calling me, calling my friends and we don't have a choice but to answer. 

Uniben oh, I will see you real soon. But for now Chao!
Re: That Feeling... by whiteprince(m): 12:58am On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=Edeoghogho24 post=55044555] HBD Edeoghogho24

(1) (Reply)

Deception / Inspector Simi- Episode 1 / The Ugliness Of Familiarity, A Short Philosophical Essay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.