Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,175 members, 7,864,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents (461 Views)

Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by voiceoftheupcom: 5:10am On Mar 29, 2017
REPORT CORRUPT CUSTOMS OFFICERS TO ME, CG CHARGES CLEARING AGENTS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/03/report-corrupt-customs-officers-to-me.html

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) and licensed Customs agents operating at the nation’s seaports and land borders across the country have agreed to work together in combating smuggling and corruption in the nation’s maritime sector.
This was disclosed when the Comptroller-General of the service, Col. Hameed Ali (rtd) to the Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA) and National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders (NAGAFF) in Lagos.
The meetings, which were part of Col. Ali’s renewed strategic engagement with stakeholders culminated in the launching of an anti-smuggling sticker by ANLCA and assurances of support from NAGAFF.
Col. Ali said his office is ready to strengthen a synergy that will prevent smuggling and enhance government revenue while fighting corruption in the sector.
Ali who urged all stakeholders to be bold to report vices like corruption assured that there will be no hiding place for any customs officer found culpable.
‘‘We must be bold enough to fight corruption. If an officer insists you must give him money, let us know. We must be the one to ensure that all the bad elements among us are exposed.
‘‘It gladdens my heart that NAGAFF and ANLCA have form a synergy with us. That will give Nigeria Customs the encouragement to do better.
President of ANLCA, Prince Olayiwola Shittu condemned the multiplicity of customs functions and interference with other agencies like the police, which according to him disrupts trade. ANLCA also requested for a new clearance procedure that will eliminate frequent alerts and blocking of licenses

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by MakeADifference: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2017
How much will you pay for the info?

Don't you know whistleblowing is now a form of business? No money, no report. Oga Ali.
Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by okosodo: 5:28am On Mar 29, 2017
This man should shut up abeg.... You dont need people to report becauseyou are just trying to save face. Quota system has destroyed the customs already

1 Like

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by profhezekiah: 5:39am On Mar 29, 2017
What happen when corruption is reported to a corrupt man

2 Likes

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by kunlexy1759(m): 5:49am On Mar 29, 2017
If officers ask u 4 bribe, shout CHANGE! and Blow whistle!
Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by LastSurvivor11: 5:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Even when u cannot pur on your customs uniform, u still want to discipline another person..
It's well with nigeria..

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by freeze001(f): 6:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Report to you because u are better than them or what? This CG should be working towards automation of clearing processes and building a system with sufficient checks to prevent corrupt practices. Install discreet cameras and bugs in strategic places to pick suspicious conversation and conduct, be fair and lose the tribal inclinations, put on your uniform to boost their morale, etc.

These will go a long way to curbing crap at the ports rather than telling people to report what they might have no proof of

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by plainol(m): 6:10am On Mar 29, 2017
OH LORD, JUST 36 SOWORES AND AM OKAY. 1 PER EACH STATE.

1 Like

Re: Report Corrupt Customs Officers To Me, Cg Charges Clearing Agents by iambijo(m): 6:37am On Mar 29, 2017
So this guy still get mouth

(1) (Reply)

I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce / Why Buhari Missed FEC Meeting – Lai Mohammed / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.